1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

BD Forum Shutdown & Follow-Up [debate]

Discussion in 'Debates' started by DameKathryn, Aug 7, 2014.

1. DameKathryn

DameKathryn Well-Known Member

Okay here's where to post about the current goings-on in regard to the BD Forum Shutdown and subsequent happenings, such as the survey, the Q&A, etc.

Here are a few guidelines:
    • This is not a hate topic. Please do not simply post complaints or hate-related BD stuff. This is just for discussion.
    • No name-calling (of anyone here or BD staff).
    • Don't do anything you think may endanger this forum or invoke a response from Bad Dragon itself.
    • Generally be polite.
    • Seriously, this isn't just a flame topic.
    So anyway. Get going.

((If you want, I can try moving some of the discussion that has already taken place over to this thread.))

2. Keely

Keely The Happy Helpful Husky

that might be a good idea?

3. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

I have too much to say. :c

4. vahaala

vahaala Nobody wants him, he just stares at the world...

It's a shame they didn't decide to keep off-topic forums there, if I understood correctly. Now most of the reasons I was there, are going to vanish.

5. DameKathryn

I tried it out and it looks like it'll get messy. So I'll link the other threads to here and move any posts relevant from here on out.

6. Snærhjarta

Snærhjarta Well-Known Member

It started on Feb 3rd with one of the more active members. I was still pretty new to BD and there was a very dominant group of active members who, to me, seemed to be the popular clique. Not saying I didn't like them, they just were not very open to new members and I was very shy.

Ok , just found the topic I made back then with all info:

Then they chose to leave the same person who did the customer service in charge of the forums after all this had happened. After this the whole community was ruined.

The usual apology was posted "we're sorry this small minority ruined it for the other members".

7. Velixer

Velixer The Musical Draconic Muse

That sounds about right, I remember when all of that crap went down.

8. vahaala

Oh well, I didn't know somebody could be such an asshole.

9. Keely

Ugh, this now means I have even less of a hope that bad dragon will turn it around seeing as how this further confirms that their current behavior is part of a pattern and that even though it's going to cost them literally thousands of dollars they aren't gonna change

vahaala likes this.
  10. comatosekitty

comatosekitty Member

^ i had about 10+ toys i still wanted from them and a bunch of lube. I think i'll stick to buying secondhand if anything now.

11. DameKathryn

What I think would be best for them would be to go ahead with the shut down of the off topic, because otherwise it just looks like they're indecisive flip-floppers, which isn't exactly a company model to get behind. Then they should keep the help threads with a couple more mods. Then with the forum being smaller and having more of a policing force, they can keep things... neat. At the same time, the forums will never be the same and I could see a LOT of high-posters and long-time members just giving up on it at that point.

Airless likes this.
  12. vahaala

While I understand that attitude... I think forum issues should stay as one thing, and the company itself another. I know it's run by the same people, but them being undecisive flip-flops or whatever, doesn't lower the quality of the lube/toys right? I've seen many people speaking highly of those.

13. Keely

eeeeeeeh there have been some issues with those too. I'm gonna nap now so I'm not gonna dig for the tumblr post but maybe @CactusWren can link it again.

Also customer service is a big deal and the forums are the customers so every official interaction with them (not like the WOYM thread) is an aspect of customer service and we all know that that has been a stinking heap of doodoo so far

14. DameKathryn

15. ~Tempest-in-Chains~

~Tempest-in-Chains~ Genderqueer, prefers male pronouns

*Nods* There's a lot of invested energy and angst being felt and expressed over on the old forum, and sadly for those experiencing it it's probably going to waste. BD's perception of themselves and others' words/actions is so completely different from those members, that it's not likely that a breakthrough in communication and accurate understanding of needs can happen. Sad when it's something you've really cared about and invested time/energy/money/goodwill in, and can take a lot to come to grips with.

Tarukaja likes this.
  16. comatosekitty

comatosekitty Member

There has been quite a few separate posts of BD going down in quality. The most ridiculous was one of a person who ordered 2 toys, one being a tentacle and the tentacle had the worst quality i've seen so far. It had a very bad base trim that, if i remember correctly cut the bottom suckers as well, and when they ticketed in about it, BD just said "results will vary this is fine". Not in those exact words but i can tell you right now, the old BD with amazing customer service wouldn't have let that thing pass their quality check. I think BD's been blinded by money and refuses to acknowledge any mistakes that require a penny out of their own pocket to fix, even if it costs them the customer.

17. Snærhjarta

Snærhjarta Well-Known Member

I don't know why they changed so much but I wish they had not.

18. StarLuck

StarLuck Member

Which is ironic, given that the decision to close the forum is going to cost them even more. I've only bought second hand BD toys, and those through a friend/proxy, but I think it's time for me to start exploring the other fantasy toy options out there. I mean, I like eggs, and there's probably a Splorch with my name on it somewhere.

19. CactusWren

CactusWren The Pixel Frog Maker

Monkey's summary post has already been linked, but I've also got the tag from my own experience with something going wrong with a BD order and a few other people who had quality issues but didn't get refunded. The saga of the first person can be found -here-, -here- and -here-. The second's person's issue can be found -here-. And Chromosomefarm's pic post about their own flawed ready mades can be found -here-.

There's probably some more I can link to, but this is what I could find off the top of my head.

Abylgan likes this.
  20. Willow

Willow Slut and proud!

Maybe it's a force of habit. Maybe it was eagerness to see chaos. I went back to the BD forums.

A lot of posting was done. A lot of questions asked and answered. Apologies of sorts were given and what the future of how things are to be done were handed out. It seems as if the forums are not going away. I'm sure things will not be the same as it was... at lest not entirely. Time will tell.

The question is... we're you too hurt by the "betrayal" to go back? Or ready to pick up where you left off? We have invested a lot of time there.
    As for me? I'm not quite ready, I need some time to figure what I'm going to do. I usually don't carry myself to various forums... at one time I belong to 3 different ones and felt I was spreading myself too thin. 1 forum is the max for me in my old age.