1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Health and bodies and food and everything.

Discussion in 'Debates' started by YogSothoth, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Reptile

Reptile Semi-Professional Butthole Spelunker

Anyone else here like cooking with wild ingredients?

Soulaire likes this.
  2. MurphyAlter

MurphyAlter The Floofiest

I've never really tried it. I don't really live in an area where that's a good idea either though.

3. SnowLycan

SnowLycan ☆*:.。.Mahou shoujo.。.:*☆

My gran recently passed had an entire notebook filled with what to do in each day of every month for a good crop. What days and months to rotate the crops which bit to till and put nutrients back into the ground. Which veg to plant where or what not to plant next to. Even when crops will be ready. We called it her bible. So when she said go get my bible it's not the holy one she was talking bout.

Grimmyr and Misskin like this.
  4. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

That's amazing, Snow! I really wish I lived somewhere year where I could grow crops year round. There is seriously nothing better tasting than home grown foods. :I They're literally my favorite.

Soulaire likes this.
  5. Bluehorizon10

Bluehorizon10 Well-Known Member

Context it's hard for me to eat full, and many diets promote starving. I snack many times a day to maintain my caloric intake and metabolism.

6. Poster Nutbag

Poster Nutbag Prefers the company of snakes over bees

Yay! I don't own a scale, but weighed my self at my parents place this weekend... On June 1st I weighed 156 pounds and as of Saturday I weigh 142 :) . Been really focusing on my diet and am starting a plan to build muscle on Oct. 1st.

Grimmyr likes this.
  7. Willow

Willow Slut and proud!

Yeah, I don't eat helathy... but than again, I consider it unhealthy food. I rarely get fastfood, I don't eat a whole bag of chips or cookies (in fact, I rarely have any). My one vice would be soda... but I am trying to mix it up with a few glasses of water (not our tap water though... that's plain bad for you).
    I was just never brought up to eat right. This is back when you were taught the four food groups and they lump fruits and veggies together as one. So, essentially, you could just eat fruits and they counted for the day. Yeah, I don't go by the pyramid diagram either (guess who designed that), but that's only slightly better.

I was blessed with an exceptionally high metabolism. My body idles fast. This will probably change soon if it hasn't already. But most of the time I eat less than what would be considered a whole meal.

8. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

What are you doing for your diet and whatnot, Poster? :0 Good to see you're sticking to it! Sounds like it's working very well.~

9. Poster Nutbag

Well, I haven't been on a specific plan yet. It's mostly been from eliminating the many bad habits I had. I've more than halved my beer intake, don't eat unhealthy snacks, drink lots of water, prepare meals with more strict nutrition in mind. I've also really been pushing myself at work, which keeps me very active.

So yeah, pretty much an accumulation of many small changes has really made the difference.

Grimmyr likes this.
  10. Reptile

Reptile Semi-Professional Butthole Spelunker

A pitfall I see a lot of people fall into is going for the "low fat" options, not knowing that one thing worse than excess fat is excess sugar, which is exactly how food companies compensate for the loss of flavor.

11. BDCA

BDCA The Tallest Staff Member

Theres a half truth in this.

What if I told you im supplementing my diet with nearly 60 grams of dextrose a day, considering the recommended amount of sugars per day is 70 grams for men and 50 grams for women?

When the balance comes down to the final score, a meal with high sugar and low sat-fats is going to be the better option.

12. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

We can't ignore the fact that each human is a special snowflake so no one body can represent all. Plus, not all sugars are made equal, I think dextrose is a body made sugar so its better for you

13. BDCA

BDCA The Tallest Staff Member

Definitely, but the point I was trying to make is sugars are often demonized due to diabetes. In fact eating sugar(s) will not increase your chances of getting diabetes (yes im aware of resistances but again thats per person). The issues start to occur if your not burning that sugar so it gets stored and increases your weight. The weight increase is what makes sugars bad, not the actual sugar itself.

14. Vitani

Vitani Tertiary antagonist

My issue with sugar, is that it's so refined, bleached and chemically altered (to make it sweeter) that it barely resembles TRUE sugar anymore.
    There's no way that shit is good for you.

I opt to sweeten things with raw organic honey instead.

Soulaire and Grimmyr like this.
  15. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

Most of my sugary food comes from fruits. I love that naturally sugary flavor when I bite into a mango or peach. ;w; So tasty.

Vitani likes this.
  16. Poster Nutbag

And with fruits you get the added benefits of fibre! Thats really the huge difference.

Love me some apples, or for a real treat, figs or dates.

Soulaire likes this.
  17. Vitani

Vitani Tertiary antagonist

Honey has many health and medical benefits also. :)

but yes, fruits are my favorite candy...and it doesn't hurt my teeth after!

Soulaire likes this.
  18. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

Man I do love my fiber. :'D Lmao. I really love the fiber one bars you can get at Wal-Mart or Target... or anywhere, I guess. They taste so good.

Also that's the awesome thing about fruits! All natural and so sweet.~ They don't even hurt your teeth!

19. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

Fiber One bars are the devil.
    I can kill a box of 12 in 4 days

20. Willow

Willow Slut and proud!

Yeah I've been eating those lately. Only have 1 a day, although the box taunts me later on.
    "Eaaaaat meeeee. Eaaaaaaat meeeee."