1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Health and bodies and food and everything.

Discussion in 'Debates' started by YogSothoth, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Vitani

Vitani Tertiary antagonist

I miss my fiber bars D:
    Can't anymore because of gluten, so I've been relying more heavily on fruits and veggies for fiber now.

2. Reptile

Reptile Semi-Professional Butthole Spelunker

I'm going to start dehydrating my own fruit. I can't stand that sugar coated shit you buy at the store.

3. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

I have no idea why they coat it in sugar in the first place. If I am buying fruit that obviously means I don't want candy, so why the heck would you put sugar all over it?

MurphyAlter likes this.
  4. Reptile

I guess it's hard to get consumers addicted to regular fruit.

5. Misskin

it makes absolutely zero sense to try and attract people towards healthy food by dowsing it in sugar. It completely ignores the point.

MurphyAlter likes this.
  6. Reptile

'Murica

7. Vitani

It does and it doesn't.

Sugar is just as addictive as cocaine. It also lights up the same (if not more) pleasure centers in the brain than drugs do, so our generations who have grown up consuming disgusting amounts of sugar, require a specific amount of sweetness to get that same effect in our brains. It's why we crave sugar.
    Food companies like to douse their product in sugar to keep people hooked, and to fool them into thinking that they are actually eating healthy (and yes, people will actually argue that, as stupid as it sounds)

8. Misskin

that is so sad, I prefer the taste of fruit all by itself

Vitani likes this.
  9. Soulaire

Soulaire Chronic Roleplayer

Hmmm... ok, here's the run down. I'm 130 pounds, and I'm 5'9".

My eating habits are a little under par, according to most people. Like, I eat one or two meals a day, with maybe a snack here and there. I just don't have a strong appetite (usually), and so I don't eat big meals. Usually a plateful is plenty.

I tend to eat a lot of bread/sandwiches, pasta, rice, and chicken. Lots of Italian, Mexican, and some Chinese foods. Recently I've started getting into eating more salad, and vegetables, but I'm still not good with a lot of it. I eat red meat probably 3 or 4 times a week, but I don't eat much of it because I'm weird about taste and I don't like it to be too salty or greasy. I've actually thought about generally quitting on red meats like beef and pork and so on except for like, really good, lean beef at restaurants and stuff. I eat eggs and chicken and other protein supplying foods so I don't feel that it's a big deal to eat red meat much. In fact, I prefer to not eat the stuff. I love to eat fruits, but I don't get much access to them because we just don't buy a lot of fruit at home.

I do tend to eat/drink a lot of sugary stuff, and I'm trying to lessen the intake, just because it's not good for you and so on to take in a lot.

So then on to my body. As I said, I'm 130 pounds, and my body is pretty thin. The only problem is that I have bad self-image and body-image stuff, so even though I know I'm small and that to most people my body probably is attractive, I get overcritical and so on about my image. From how my hair looks to that little bit of pudge on my belly to the little flub on my neck with I tilt my head down. Just little things like that, I notice and my brain just has issues with it. I don't really exercise a lot, my body is just naturally really small. I don't want to get really muscular, as I like the smooth, feminine look of my body. The only problem is I'm afraid that as I get older my metabolism will slow and I'll start gaining more weight, which would be really stressful to me.

And a little side thing. I had braces for like, 8 years, because two of the teeth on my upper jaw never grew in. So I have two gaps right in front that I wear a retainer with Pontics (false teeth) to conceal them most of the time. I worry so much that my teeth are a turn off and so on. Like, in public I'm afraid to show my teeth, even with the retainer in.

Along with all that, I don't get much chance with relationships where I live, and I'm about to be in college (hopefully), so being around people and so on, I'm going to get much more self-critical probably. I worry that I'm not attractive, that guys won't like my personality so I feel I need to be more attractive to make up for it, and all that sort of junk. Not to mention the added fact that I've not had the best relationships so far, so I just generally worry that I'm not good enough and so on.

So my questions are: What do you think of my body? What do you think of me? I mean, do I look good, or?

(EDIT because I need some sort of reference lol. Instagram @ calthedragon)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  10. Reptile

Hey, at least you don't have that weird half muscle/half fat thing I got going on.

Soulaire likes this.
  11. BDCA

BDCA The Tallest Staff Member

Yesterday I had a friend around who had only eat pre-packaged junk for the last 3 years. I cooked him everything from fresh and healthy produce for lunch and dinner, he text me today to say how ill he was overnight, but he went to grab himself a microwave meal for his lunch and felt ill even thinking about it, and that he actually wanted to have something properly cooked again.

It seems to have been a bit of a wake up call for him.

MurphyAlter likes this.
  12. Willow

Willow Slut and proud!

Yeah that can happen. His body just needed time to adjust.
    That happened to me when I went to get some fast food after I had been eating well for about a month. I took one bite and did not want to continue.

13. motrax

motrax Member

I'm fatter than fuck and trying to lose weight, one thing killing me in proportion sizes and I get bitched at by the nutritionist by is not having enough protein at meals to help me keep full. Eggs taste like sulfur but they're really the only protein I can afford on my wages. Meat tastes like zoology dissection lab minus the formaldehyde. Spices really help, but maybe just the markets around here have gross landflesh, fish is usually ok but really expensive.

All that processed meat crap is more fat and salt than anything else. Vegetables are easy enough to get frozen or foraged, same with fruit (lone benefit of living in Cal).

Stress eating kills me though, lady was mean to me at work? Time to binge on cookies or a bowl of rice or loaf of bread or whatever else easy accessible carb's around.

Cooking takes time and if you've been treated like shit at work you won't want to take time to cook. Nope, you'll want to wallow in your misery. Also, work is mostly sedentary these days so less chance for exercise. At least I finally have some habit formation down and been exercising every day.

14. Soulaire

Soulaire Chronic Roleplayer

Cooking Tip on eggs:

Crack two or three in a bowl, whip them up like you're making scrambled eggs. Have a pan heating up on the stove with a little butter to keep the eggs from sticking. Finely dice some vegetables you like, such as carrots, celery, and so on, whatever you figure out that tastes good, as well as a little bell pepper. Go ahead and pour the eggs into the pan, add some cheese (try shredded cheese because it melts really well and cooks in nicely) and let them start to cook a bit. As the eggs cook, slowly add in your vegetables and peppers (the amount of ingredients is up to you, to taste) and then sprinkle whatever seasonings you like on the eggs. Depending on what you put in the eggs, it really adds to and changes up the flavor. This is one of the best ways to get good eggs without the general bland egg taste.

Sometimes I'll get some bread and make this dish into a sandwich or two, but that's all up to your taste, once again.

15. Vitani

I love egg salad and hard boiled eggs, but any other way I'm not really a huge fan of.

16. Reptile

I love eggs.

Soulaire likes this.
  17. BDCA

BDCA The Tallest Staff Member

Invest in some protein shakes, you dont need any all in one blends or anything, just something thats 80%+ pure protein. If you go for the unflavored stuff you can add it into your cooking, unflavored protein powder added to scrambled eggs bulks it out and really makes a good meal!

motrax likes this.
  18. Willow

Willow Slut and proud!

I make my own protein.

motrax, Robert Thompson and Reptile like this.
  19. motrax

motrax Member

[​IMG]
    Yeah, should known it was cumming (blasted puns).

Protein bars have weird texture but they are pretty nice when I skip lunch. I'll see what I can do about eggs and flavor. Also, maybe add more canned fish and the likes.

20. MurphyAlter

MurphyAlter The Floofiest

Try thinking of it like this: When you come home, you can cook something, and that'll make you feel better because you know "Hey, at least I did something productive today, and my coworkers don't have shit on this delicious stew."