1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Is radical feminism ruining multiple generations?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by logitech, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Rassandra Gendal

Rassandra Gendal Well-Known Member

Not sure what the forum guidelines are here for adding a post to an older thread, would honestly recommend adding that to a stickied thread at the main forum page. Feel free to tell me off for thread necroing....

My personal view on the matter, is that both feminism and mysogeny is detrimental, and that really the whole concept of "You need to fit this standard to be of value", as well as labels, should be done away with. If asked if I was a feminist or not, I'd just respond "I care what you've got below your belt or under your shirt. You're all people with feelings, ideas, and something to offer."

Just my short two cents for now, I'll probably add more reasoning and points to this once I've had some time to rest my mind.

2. MurphyAlter

MurphyAlter The Floofiest

If you do, and it revives the thread, yay. If you do, and the thread dies again, it gets pushed back down anyway. No reason for anyone to care one way or the other.

Vitani likes this.
  3. Rassandra Gendal

Personally I agree....but more than a few forums I have been to seriously frown upon posting on a thread who's last post is past a certain age, more often than not to the point of it earning you a strike towards getting temporarily or permanently banned. They generally claim that it clutters the forums and hides the new/fresh topics from new people who might want to chime in, yada yada....my mental response is "What about new people who might want to chime in on a discussion that took place before they knew the place existed?"

Vitani likes this.
  4. MurphyAlter

Yeah, that can happen. This forum was made because of stuff like that, so you don't have to worry ^o^

5. Vitani

Vitani Tertiary antagonist

This. Like seriously, who the fuck cares. If it still adds to the discussion...isn't that the point of the forum?!?!

Especially on the Bad Dragon forums too...like they say it's cluttering the forum if you revive an older thread...but it's apparently NOT cluttering the forum if you post 36 new threads asking the SAME FUCKING QUESTIONS.

6. Rassandra Gendal

USUALLY, I see forums lock repeat threads and redirect the poster to the one that best answered the question...though they don't always delete said repeat threads, which still clutters things up while locking "necro'ed" threads. Did not know Bad Dragon's forums didn't do that with repeats, just necro'ed ones. But I do agree, it's not exactly sound logic in my opinion.

7. MurphyAlter

Well, occasionally the mods will merge two VERY similar threads on here. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

8. Rassandra Gendal

Agreed.

9. Dracoa

Dracoa Well-Known Member

I would say most definitely. For instance SJWs (which are basically rad fems) called in bomb threats to a club in DC last night where GG'ers (Milo and Christina Hoff Sommers in attendance) and supporters had a peaceful meet up. If I read it right, they also resorted to their usual tactic of pulling the fire alarm. Yet GGers are the terrorists and hate group. The icing on the cake? The assembled group didn't react the way the SJWs wanted, Sarah Butts, for instance complained that they should have been much more afraid. I wouldn't be surprised if Aurthur Chu had a meltdown because he didn't get his way of, and I quote, "Whatever, it's ending tonight with them meeting up there".