1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Lube Compatibility list

Discussion in 'Help, Questions and How-To's' started by Snærhjarta, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Snærhjarta

Snærhjarta Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Brand and Name: KY UltraGel
    Compatible: Yes

Testing Time: 14 Hours
    Method of Testing: Applied a bit to sample disk before work and checked it when I got home then I "scraped" it off with my sharpest knife to see if the material had softened or deteriorated. No damage at all.

Anecdotal Note: Might be the same exact thing that Khthonya tested but maybe with a revised name? The ingredients are exactly the same.

2. Snærhjarta

[​IMG]
    Brand and name: Liquid Silk
    Compatible: Yes.
    Testing time: 2/12 hours.
    Method of testing: Old black 8 firmness BD sample disc.
    Result of the test: Although a *tiny* bit seems to have dried up (or gotten absorbed into the disc?), almost nothing has changed. It's my "go-to" lube for anal use (but it is very thin, so you'll have to apply more). If you want to taste it, for some reason, don't... reviews I've read say it tastes bitter.

3. Snærhjarta

[​IMG]
    Brand and name: LubriGel Personal Lubricant (Water Based)

Testing time: 24hrs
    Method of testing: Put some on a sample disc, a big glob on one side, and smeared it a bit on the other, let it sit overnight.
    Result of the test: Didn't do anything to the disc, it dried pretty solid but it came off easy with just water.

4. Snærhjarta

[​IMG]
    Maximus

Brand and name: Maximus Anal Lubricant
    Testing time: about 3 to 4 hours
    Method of testing: put a healthy splodge on a sample disk
    Result of the test: nothing happened what so ever, i was alittle worried about this one as its the closest lube i own that has the same consistency as silicone lube. Although it does say water based on the bottle i tested it for you guys [​IMG]

5. Snærhjarta

[​IMG]
    aa940-maximus-sex-lube__17034_zoom.jpg (19.88 KiB) Viewed 15132 times

Brand and name: Maximus (Water based)

Testing time: 3 days i left some on a sample disk.
    Result of the test: No effects whatsoever! Easy to wash off and a pretty good lube.

6. Snærhjarta

[​IMG]
    fist_classic.jpg (19.44 KiB) Viewed 1346 times

Brand and name: Mr. B - Fist Classic
    Testing time: 48+ hours
    Method of testing: BD sample disc
    Result of the test: Didn't affect silicone at all, easy to clean of with some cold water.

7. Snærhjarta

[​IMG]
    pjur-original-bodyglide.jpg (8.39 KiB) Viewed 1463 times

Brand and name: Pjur original bodyglide
    Compatible: Maybe?

Testing time: Approximately 52hrs (on each side)
    Method of testing: Testing on a 3 sample disk, put a little puddle on and left it for two and a half days (test repeated on both the textured and non-textured sides)
    Result of the test: Ok so, there was zero reaction on the textured side of the disk. The flat side is where it gets weird. So I put the lube down and left it be. When the test was done I felt and looked at the lube, it was thick feeling but when I swiped some up and started rubbing it between my fingers it felt approximately the same as normal lube; not grainy or weird at all and when I wiped it on white paper it was totally clear and not tinted burgundy (the color of the sample disk). I then went to wash it. It took FOREVER to wash off, It took about three good washings with a washcloth (first using antibac soap, then System JO toy cleaner then soap again) but after I finally got it off I couldn't see any difference between where the lube had been and where it hadn't. There was no "etching" or divots or new texture. It was just....fine. So that's why I called it a maybe.
    Final Verdict: It doesn't appear to harm the silicone at all but I don't think I'm gonna be using this as my primary lube for toying. But if you had sex using a bit of this lube then wanted to toy I don't think it would cause an issue. (and on a side note pjur is compatible with all tantus toys and tantus even sells pjur for use with it's toys)

8. Snærhjarta

[​IMG]

Brand and name: Please Cream
    Testing time: About 12 hours
    Method of testing: Poured a bit on a 3 firmness solid color sample disk
    Result of the test: It solidified and was no longer lube-y, but still washed off with water. Left no marks.

9. Snærhjarta

[​IMG]
    Brand and name: Probe Personal Lubricant (Thick Rich)
    Compatible: Yes.
    Testing time: 2 1/2 hours.
    Method of testing: Old light pink BD 5 firmness sample disc.
    Result of the test: This lube is of a unique species... it strongly resembles real female cum. The only issue is that it has a tendency to dry up if left alone, making the lube thicker and feeling more like drying super glue than lube. If it gets like that, just add a bit of water and it's as good as before. I've never had problems with it (vaginally) at all... it stayed just as smooth throughout play sessions. I'm guessing this is because the vagina is self-lubricating. This lube seems intended for female vaginal usage. I suppose it could technically be used for anal, but keep in mind that it dries (which, as I said, can be fixed with water). This lube can be tricky to get off, but enough water should do the trick.

10. Snærhjarta

[​IMG]
    910903.jpg (35.86 KiB) Viewed 1346 times

Brand and name: Slam Dunk
    Testing time: 48+ hours
    Method of testing: BD sample disc
    Result of the test: Didn't affect silicone at all, but it's very hard to get it off because it's oil based. I used some very hot water (straight from water boiler) to get it all off.

Although not affecting the silicone I do not recommend this for BD toys because cleaning is a mess

11. Snærhjarta

[​IMG]
    Brand and name: Slippery Stuff Gel

Testing time: 24 hours
    Method of testing: Dabbed lube on both sides of sample disk and left each for 24 hours.
    Result of the test: The lube dried into a thin "skin" that was left on the surface of the disk, but rinsed off with water. The side with the bad dragon on it showed nothing after being rinsed. The reverse glossy side showed etching but was gone later.

This lube is water-based so I did not think that it would cause damage, but another used listed it as incompatible.

12. Snærhjarta

[​IMG]
    sliquid-product.jpg (11.28 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
    [​IMG]
    sliquid Sea Personal Lubricant.png (40.25 KiB) Viewed 1463 times

Brand and name: Sliquid H20 and Sliquid Sea
    Compatible: Yes!

Testing time: Approximately 24hrs (on each side)
    Method of testing: Testing on a 3 sample disk, put a little puddle on and left it for a day (test repeated on both the textured and non-textured sides)
    Result of the test: both of these produced no reaction other than the lube getting a little bit dried out, but there was no change to the texture or appearance of the silicone and I've never had problems with either of these in actual use either.
    Final Verdict: Lube up and have fun!

13. Snærhjarta

Brand and name: Sliquid Ride H20 aka Sliquid Dude Lube

Testing time: in sessions from 20 minutes to 2 hours, tests repeated frequently
    Method of testing: The ingredients list was enough to content me nothing bad would happen, and I've used it successfully on silicone non-BD toys before, so I just dove right in.
    Result of the test: No negative effects---toys come out just fine, and so does my (female) body. Which is good.

14. Snærhjarta

"Sylk Natural Lubricant"
    www.Sylk.com.au <- Pictures of product

Compatible: YES

Testing Time: 15 Hours

Method: Sample Disk 5

Blob of Lube applied and left undisturbed for 15 hours.
    Peeled off and rinsed with warm water - no rubbing.
    It left an almost invisible mark around the edge of where the blob was, I had to shine light on it to see it at all.
    more warm water and a quick rub with my thumb erased all marks easily.

I'm going to do a 48 hour test to see if the mark gets any deeper, but I would class this one as compatible

15. Snærhjarta

[​IMG]
    Brand and name: JO (H2o water based)

Testing time: 24ish hours
    Method of testing: *twiddles thumbs* tested directly on a couple toys
    Result of the test: Absolutely nothing, a little scummy but it came right off with water...

16. Snærhjarta

Brand and name: System JO H2O Flavored Chocolate Delight

Testing time: 48 hours
    Method of testing: Put two big globs on sample discs. One on the textured side and one on the smooth side. Left the lube on them for 24 hours then wiped off. Observed after another 24 hours to make sure.
    Result of the test: Wiped off perfectly fine. Left absolutely no residue or side effects. My discs now also smell slightly chocolate-y. [​IMG]

One note for anyone thinking about this lube: It's a great lube and i'd recommend it, but don't expect miracles when it comes to taste or smell. It's not the kind of chocolate smell/taste that makes you want more. At the same time, it smells/tastes delicious compared to most lubes. [​IMG]

17. Snærhjarta

V (Water-based Lubricant)
    [​IMG]
    300-2.JPG (33.19 KiB) Viewed 611 times

Testing Time: 5 days

Method: Sample Discs in 3 and 5 firmnesses.
    Smeared a thick, generous glob on the top of the 3 and on the bottom of the 5. Left alone for the duration indoors away from sunlight. When I returned, most of the lube had evaporated without any film or etching, but there was still a bit left. Rinsed off with warm water, and the discs are fine. No texture changes, odors, or anything.

I'm highly sensitive and have to use lubes with short ingredient lists and no irritants (recently discovered that even aloe irritates me). This stuff works wonders (no glycerin, no parabens).

18. Snærhjarta

[​IMG]
    A photo of a bottle of Waterglide Anal

Brand and Name: Waterglide Anal

Testing Time:2 times 24 hours
    Method of Testing: Put a glob on the textured side of a hardness 5 sample disc, left it there for 24+ hours and washed it off. Repeated afterwards on the smooth side of the same disc. Checked several times afterwards (it is now 8 hours after washing the last bit of lube off)
    Result of the test: Looks and feels undamaged and unchanged. It was easily washed off, left no residue, seems to be fully compatible.

It's very, very viscous, so it might not be for everyone.
    Might try the "Neutral" version in a few months, when I need to buy new lube.

19. Snærhjarta

[​IMG]
    Brand and name:pink:Water
    Compatible: Uh...?

Testing time: 36 hours
    Method of testing: I poured the Pink: Water Lubricant on an "8" sample disk and left it on my desk, the same as all the others. Therefore, like the others, it was exposed to darkness, natural sunlight, artificial light, heat, and coolness over the course of the 36 hours.
    Result of the test: Here's where I'm not sure. I peeled the lube off of the 8 disk this morning and it came off easily in a gooey partially-solidified jelly-like way. At first it appeared nothing was wrong: The texture was fine, there were no noticeable dents either. But after I rinsed it off, I realized that there was a faint outline where the lube had been. It's shallower than the faint nail-marks on the disk, and it probably wouldn't show up in a picture, but it's clearly there. After more rubbing and washing, it's still there. I will have to check back later to see if it has faded at all. In the meantime, my conclusion is that it is safe to use so long as you wash it off immediately afterwards, or at least shortly afterwards, not letting it dry completely.
    EDIT: I looked at the disc a few days later and the marks had faded completely. As far as I'm concerned, it should be safe to use, but considering there's plenty of other safe options, it's probably just better to go with one of those.

20. Snærhjarta

[​IMG]
    Brand and name:Wet Ecstasy Water-Based

Testing time: 36 hours
    Method of testing: I poured the Wet Lube on a "3" sample disk and left it on my desk. Like the Equate, it was exposed to darkness, natural sunlight, artificial light, heat, and coolness over the course of 36 hours.
    Result of the test: This morning when I removed the lube, it was still very much a liquid, but it was tackier (is that a word?) it rinsed off easily with hot water, leaving no noticeable damage.