1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Makin' Toys

Discussion in 'Creatives Forum' started by SquishySquishy, Nov 21, 2017.

?

Do you prefer indie toy makers or big brands?

1. Lil' guys! (AKN, DA, etc.)

17 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Bigguns! (BD, TTC, etc.)

18 vote(s)
    15.9%
  3. ALL the dicks!

78 vote(s)
    69.0%
  1. lizardbreath

lizardbreath Well-Known Member

0_0
    Take my money!

2. SquishySquishy

SquishySquishy Well-Known Member

The Qilin's mold is finally good to go! I'll be pouring quite a few things over the next few weeks, mostly featuring excessive sparkles (and some with experimental suction cups). >w<

In the meantime, please enjoy this lovely sparkleboi!
    [​IMG]
    Here are the Qilin's specific specs:

Total length: 10.5”
    Useable length: 8.5”
    Pre-ridge shaft length: 6.25”

Max head diameter: 2.5”
    Head circumference: 7.5”

Shaft diameter: 1.75”
    Shaft circumference: 4.75”

Medial ring diameter: 2.25”
    Medial ring circumference: 6.5”

Lower shaft (ridge) circumference: 9.25”

He turned out a bit bigger than anticipated, so I'm working on a smaller size with a total length of around 8″ and a usable length in the 6″ department.

3. lizardbreath

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! want!!!!!!

4. VenusFlower

VenusFlower Well-Known Member

Wow that guy is beautiful!!! So sparkly!!

5. SquishySquishy

After I get a few pours done I’ll be posting some for sale on Etsy! There will probably be some flops up for significant discounts as well. : )

Sparkles forever.
    Just checked out your Tumblr; you do some lovely work!

6. VenusFlower

there are never "too many" sparkles x)
    Ah thank you very much!! I try my best!
    Also I'm very curious about the making process of these toys. How/where did you learn it?

7. SquishySquishy

Most of my info on mixing and pouring silicone came from Smooth-On’s website, where I also purchase my raw silicone. They have an incredible amount of useful info, written and video tutorials, and a pretty wide range of products (nothing on dongles specifically, but the information is still super helpful). I spent a veeeeerrry long time going through their tutorial catalogue prior to purchasing anything as working with silicone turned out to be a significantly more involved process than I originally thought. >w<

Sculptingwise I'm self taught, so I can’t offer much info on that field. I just started 3D modeling back in December (the Qilin was actually the first model I ever did) so I’m still learning myself. Currently I use Sculptris, a free barebones modeling program, and my Intuos 5 tablet to sculpt my models.

8. VenusFlower

Wow December?? You're getting good so quick!!!
    I'll take a good look on their site for sure. Thank you for the recommendation :)
    If I actually did something, it'd have to be only with clay, no 3D modeling (since it requires a 3D printer, or am I wrong?); But very good to know the sculpting program you use.

I'm thinking about starting to make toys because here in Brazil is not something easy to get.. at all. Even the "regular" sex toy diversity and quality is poor and expensive at the same time. Probably not something for now, but I'm really considering it.

9. SquishySquishy

I started out with clay and found it kind of limiting, but I have shakey hands. T-T
    Clay sculptures do work pretty well with silicone, the only thing you really need to be careful about is to make sure the clay does not contain ANY sulfur; contact with pretty much any amount of sulfur causes silicone not to cure and just become this horrible sticky mess forever.

You do need access to a 3D printer in order to work with 3D designs, but I personally do not own or have any idea how to operate a printer. I'm lucky enough to have found an individual who I've hired to print my designs. I'm not sure about elsewhere, but there are a lot of 3D printing services available in the US, if you ever wanted to go that route.

VenusFlower likes this.
  10. AustinFetish

AustinFetish Active Member

I really like this one! I've been buying mostly humanoid cocks for nearly a year now, with Sleipnir and Apollo being the only that were not Cock & balls....designs amongst my 2017 purchases.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  11. SquishySquishy

Thanks! He's gone through a couple of revusions and I'm quite find of him. :D

12. SquishySquishy

Pulled two Qilins today that I was particularly happy with, both with experimental suction cups!
    They're both crazy sparkly and metallic. :D

20180218_193138.jpg

Right now I'm working on building up a small stock of Qilins. Hoping to do a proper drop in Etsy of large and small Qilins sometime in the next two weeks. : )

13. SquishySquishy

Just a quick update for anyone who's interested:

We're planning our first significant stock drop next week!
    It will definitely include some gorgeous medium (10.5") Qilins (some with experimental suction cups), half-rose squishes, and will *hopefully* include some small (8") Qilins and medium (6.25") Changelings, potentially with fabulous glow-in-the-dark colorations. <3
    As I'm still experimenting with different pigments and mixing techniques, there will be some "flops" at discounted prices featuring minor cosmetic flaws.

Unfortunately the current iteration of the dual-shafted Naga model has some issues (mainly that the base is pouring too thin, causing the area between the two shafts to come out quite floppy). I’ve decided to completely redo her model from scratch, so for the time being she will sadly not be making many appearances other than in my personal collection. </3 I may include one or two prototype Nagas either here or in the upcoming stock drop for a significantly discounted price if there’s any interest (let me know, otherwise I probably won't pour any more of her!).
    [​IMG]
    She be floppy.

VenusFlower and lizardbreath like this.
  14. DaedraQueen

DaedraQueen Well-Known Member

OMGGGG ITS SO PURPLE AND LOVELY AND I NEED THIS!!

15. SquishySquishy

I asked my fiance' what colors I should make her first pour, and he said "You remember those jelly shoes from the 90's?" and I was like, "omg yes." >w<
    -------
    She's a more vibrant in person, slightly translucent, and very sparkly, but unfortunately this one has some unmixed pigments in her causing a few exposed bubbles on the surface (which, while not hugely detrimental, are not optimal and could require additional cleaning). If there's interest in this one specifically I'll take offers on her (baring in mind she's probably what I'd call a "super flop").

To anyone who may be interested in a made-to-order floppy prototype Naga, pm me. I don't think I'll be posting any of her in the store until I have time to redo her (don't really know the eta on that; probably not for quite a while).

16. lizardbreath

med qilin
    eeeee! want!!!!!!

17. VenusFlower

Eek! I totally lost track of this thread! :confused:
    Thank you for the advise, I'm taking notes. <3
    Also I found some guys here in Brazil that people can hire to print 3D designs~ pretty happy with that too!
    Now I just have to learn how to use Sculptris *cries*
    I tried to do some things in it but I can't find myself with so many weird buttons and functions that Idk how to work with.. x.x I'm so bad with tech lol
    Seeing tutorials is helping bit by bit but there's also all the preparation of the 3D model before being printed, like what size, wall thickness, etc, all that stuff is driving me crazy! :eek:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  18. SquishySquishy

Finally pouring some Changelings, and this lovely happened!

[​IMG]
    translucent, holographic, and GITD. I am a happy squish.

I’ll post more specific sizing info on this guy when I have time, but he’s about 6.25” tall and has a max circumference somewhere around 8”, I believe.

19. VenusFlower

SO CUTE!!!

20. lizardbreath

take my money!!!!!!