1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

The Board Games & Tabletop thread

Discussion in 'Fandom Stuff' started by Misskin, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

ohhh
    welp I think it they've changed some of the rules since then too hmm looks like you'll have to relearn :D which isn't a bad thing

2. AdorableDurian

AdorableDurian Well-Known Member

Cards against humanity is pretty much the best thing ever, and absolutely the best ice breaker ever. You don't know someone till you see how they react to having to tell everyone about how the Auschwitz get's better with age.

Also I miss MTG, I actually picked up a booster box of 2015 Core set because of some of the fun stuff in the set, sadly our city doesn't have a local game shop and the group of 10-12 of us that use to get together have stopped playing a couple years ago.

3. Ajax

Ajax Guest

So offensive but so much fun! xD

4. Mcsnuffles

Mcsnuffles Member

It's even more fun when playing with foreign friends and making attempts to translate the meaning of cards.

5. uk2008

uk2008 Guest

Id love to be a part of a roll play to try for the first time, I. Know there's roll20 which helps a lot (online dice rolls + interactive white space for maps ect.)
    I'd be a complete noob but it has intreeged me for a while since watching dark heracy on itsmejp's youtube channel

6. Ajax

Ajax Guest

Oh gosh. I can just imagine. xD That sounds like a great time.

7. Mcsnuffles

Mcsnuffles Member

That's something I've always wanted to get in to, but it seems like all the people I know already have established groups and no one wants to indoctrinate a newbie.

8. AdorableDurian

I currently have a Pathfinder game we do every week, it's not as roleplay heavy of a group as I want, but it's still an excuse to roll badly and hang with a bunch of buddies.

9. Dr. Tran

Dr. Tran Active Member

I have a grimdark MLP Pathfinder Campaign and I can't get enough friends to commit to play it >__< oh well, I'm kind of short on time anyway, just as well. *grumbles*

10. AdorableDurian

Always bummed when I see people say they don't have time, while I understand there's those who really are busy as crap, but most people can probably find 3 hours once a week to gather and die horribly!

11. DameKathryn

DameKathryn Well-Known Member

Yeah that's understandable. That would be quite difficult. I mean wasn't sure how strict that particular place is. Cause you know how some are casual and others and very strict with times and rules? I wasn't sure if they'd let you get away with that in the first place. Also it's interesting because I thought magic cards only came in a handful of languages. I've only seen English Russian and Chinese for sale.

12. Mcsnuffles

Mcsnuffles Member

Well, I was intentionally avoiding naming the country since I fear the miniscule chance that someone that I know could figure out who I was detective style. But yeah, I'm in Japan where card games are super popular but magic doesn't seem to have caught on that much. I did finally find a store that had cards and plays, and they sell Japanese cards, which I have bought to take back to friends when I visit home. I can't read kanji, so I'd have to figure out the cards based off of pictures, cost, and card type, which like I said would just require an excessive amount of effort. Not worried about rules or time, just being a burden on another person.

Oh, and not to mention, the place is still a 4 hour drive away......

DameKathryn likes this.
  13. DameKathryn

DameKathryn Well-Known Member

That makes way more sense lol.
    And I understand that paranoia. I used to be pretty close off and I still have separate accounts for everything (like twitter and Skype for instance)

14. DrCervixxx

DrCervixxx Well-Known Member

7 wonders is a lot of fun, my friends and I play it most nights we game.. I won the first game of it I ever played, and haven't won since >__> The strategy feels a little vague since there are so many ways to gain points.

I love Dominion in all it's flavors, Cards Against Humanity, Quarantine is fun but very challenging/stressful, Smash Up is silly and cool...It's early, so I'm having brain farts about other favs.

15. VixenWitch

VixenWitch Member

Roll20 is actually a really great resource. I use that for my weekly game, as my players are all over the country. Some features can be cpu heavy, but those are all voluntary things like video chat.

16. Willow

Willow Slut and proud!

OMG, MtG! I used the play that game with a friend and collected about 1000 cards. But kinda stopped collecting (after the snow-covered lands) and didn't keep up with the new cards/rules.
    I was never a good player and didn't always completely understand what I was doing. But I did like the artwork.

17. Packagedgore

Packagedgore Member

I just left a game of Pathfinder, and I'm thinking of starting a new more casual one. Lately I've been playing Gloom, Phase 10, Cards Against Humanity, and this game called We Didn't Playtest This At All.

18. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

i'll have to check those out

19. Packagedgore

Packagedgore Member

You should! You probably know about Cards against humanity. In Gloom, you have cards that form a family and your goal is to make them suffer as much as possible before they die, so it's pretty light hearted. We didn't Playtest this at all is pretty fun too, I found it on amazon by searching under $15 and with the highest reviews. Each game is only a few minutes but it's addicting. :]

20. Dr. Tran

Dr. Tran Active Member

One game I havn't seen (or missed) posted here yet.
    Red Dragon Inn
    Most awesome party game for the Table top crowd. I've ran 8 player games and that shit gets crazy. especially when Zot plays "not now pooky needs me" right after pooky plays :Not now, Zot needs me"