1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

The Weight Loss and Diet Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dr. Tran, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Dr. Tran

Dr. Tran Active Member

A place to talk about the best ways for looking good, feeling good and staying healthy.
    I'd make a longer intro, but I'm about to go jogging. So you;re all on your own.
    behave while I'm gone.
    or don't, I'm not a cop.

2. MurphyAlter

MurphyAlter The Floofiest

God I need this thread.

3. RyokoOno

RyokoOno Active Member

I am 5'6" and 230lbs. I lost 5lbs, so far, on the Diabetic/Blood Pressure Diet. I haven't been to the gym in a while, but will be going back soon to do weight training. My body measurements are 38-32-46.

4. ScarredDragon

ScarredDragon Well-Known Member

Yeah I think I will be spending a lot of time here haha. What I really want is a spotter though

5. Mcsnuffles

Mcsnuffles Member

My suggestion would be to find some sort of rec activity you can join or some sort of club that meets regularly. I think many of us have experienced the gym decay where as motivated as we all are, going to the gym just tends to falter. There are people who really do enjoy working out at the gym, but for the rest of us, it's important to find an activity that you enjoy doing and can do on a regular basis. 2-3 times a week of solid exercise (not necessarily super intense) that is maintained regularly should help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. But of course that's assuming a proper diet.

6. RyokoOno

RyokoOno Active Member

There aren't many around where I live, and I have to reapply to my college to use their pool. I love swimming, but there aren't many pools near my area of Long Island for the the public. The hurricane in the south just swept up a whole bunch of toxins and debris in our water, so i have to wait a week or two to finally go to the beach. It is almost Fall though, so I need a thermal wetsuit. Mainly though, I need a car of my own. My folks don't let me drive the only working car by myself anywhere.

7. Mcsnuffles

Mcsnuffles Member

Ah, that sucks. I'm lucky in my current situation. there are tons of sports clubs in my town, and as a teacher, I can join any of the after school sports whenever I want. It's kept me quite active.

8. RyokoOno

RyokoOno Active Member

Yeah. As high taxes as we pay, our local and state government doesn't like to do shit for us as far as recreation goes.

9. Dr. Tran

Dr. Tran Active Member

And this last bit of gut I'm trying to loose is starting to piss me off. After a year of good diet and now getting more and more exercise it seems to become more obvious now. Instead of the rolling gut that blended together, it's now this jutting ridge that isn't supposed to be there. I am going to jog that sunovabitch into submission because I am sick of looking at it.
    and no, I never learned that "love you as you thing" lol.

10. DameKathryn

DameKathryn Well-Known Member

Today I bought myself a pair of 4 lb neoprene weights and a 6mm foam pad. I have carpet in my apartment but I have bad joints so I need to reduce impact as much as possible. I also need to restart my low-carb low-startch low-sugar diet but it makes me depressed. So I need to make up for my diet follies with actually exercising. My short-term goal is 25 lbs, but really long term I need to try for something more like 50.

11. vahaala

vahaala Nobody wants him, he just stares at the world...

So... On the beginning of the year I weighted around 199lbs (90kg), at 6,13ft (1,87m). Now I weight about 174lbs(79kgs), just by having more movement due to work. ^^ I'm pretty happy with it, and it's still dropping! If I intoduce diet and start actually exercising, this might turn out into a nice slim body instead of pile of fat it was ;3

12. blackpaw

blackpaw Silky smooth paws for sale

I'm 5'7" and 223 lbs. Not happy with my beer gut and it has been a long time since I've done any actual exercising. Maybe this will give me the motivation I need to stick to a diet and exercise routine.

13. RyokoOno

RyokoOno Active Member

I'm not so much interested in weight loss as I am in lowering my blood pressure and cholesterol. I want to firm up my bulk. I am just going to do weight training and walking, the occasional swimming or water aerobics if I can find a pool.
    I would rather be strong and warm than thin and weak again.

DameKathryn likes this.
  14. DameKathryn

DameKathryn Well-Known Member

That's a great outlook. I need to literally drop fat and be physically healthy if I want to have kids in the future (my gyno's words, basically verbatim)

15. Snærhjarta

Snærhjarta Well-Known Member

Fave body type: "Oh hell no"

I'd like to lose some weight, it's just hard and I can't find motivation anymore.

16. blackpaw

Just start walking and eating a little less each day. I was amazed when I realized to maintain my body weight I was consuming about 5k calories each day. I thought, "You know, I can each 3500 calories and start losing a little." Add in walking and movement and eventually it starts to get easier and better. The small steps are the easiest because they're small, but the hardest because I tend to look at the big picture of how much I have to go which demotivates me.

17. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

I have a thing for round tummies
    :oops::oops:

DameKathryn likes this.
  18. Snærhjarta

Snærhjarta Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll do that. Sadly I have to do it all by myself. I can't run because it hurts my breasts so my partner basically told me he can't help me.

19. blackpaw

I don't think my roundness will ever leave me, but I'd like to be able to carry some boxes up a few flights of stairs without huffing and puffing again.

20. RyokoOno

RyokoOno Active Member

I take Chlorella and Alfalfa/Kelp. I take my Alive multivitamin and Vitamin D with Calcium.