1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Toy cleaner ?

Discussion in 'Help, Questions and How-To's' started by viyusa, Mar 17, 2018.

1. viyusa

viyusa Shy girl

Hi guys! I wanted to know peoples thoughts on the BD toy cleaner, or other cleaners that work well for your toys. I have a Kelvin on the way and I’d like to take good care of him!

Thanks in advanced

2. IggyZen

IggyZen N/A

I like Bad Dragon's toy cleaner. It foams up. That surprised me the first time I popped the top and wanted to "squirt" some out. It more like puffed out. Although, it cleans all my toys beautifully. :D

viyusa likes this.
  3. SnowPony

SnowPony Active Member

BD toy cleaner is just soap. That's it. There's nothing uber special about it. Most people just use soap and hot water; I've been using antibacterial hand soap (in the pump) for the last several years without issue. I've even used LUSH products on my toys before when I ran out of hand soap. As long as the soap in question doesn't contain silicone, you're fine. You can also run the toy through the dishwasher on the top rack, though some will argue that doesn't 100% sanitize the toys unless you're using a sanitize setting. Alternatively, for a good clean, you can boil them for 5 - 10 minutes in a pot. Just make sure the water completely covers the toy, don't stray too far from the pot, and you're good to go. Many people boil their toys every so often to give them a very thorough clean. There's also a diluted bleach soak you could do but I tend not to like doing that for some reason. Probably just my aversion to bleach in general.

A quick edit because I guess I didn't really answer the specific question! Sorry about that. I've used BD's toy cleaner before, and it works just as well as any hand soap. It's foamy and you don't need lots to get the job done, but the same can be said of regular pump hand soap: A little will go a long way with cleaning your toy.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    VenusFlower, carmex and viyusa like this.
  4. viyusa

viyusa Shy girl

I’ve been out of toy cleaner for a while and just been using Dove bar soap for sensitive skin (which I also use on my own body) and warm water. Can I do the same for my BD toys?

5. carmex

carmex Active Member

I'm no expert, but I think one of the keys with toy cleaning is to use something antibacterial. I do exactly the same as SnowPony and use antibacterial soap every time I use my toys, along with occasional boiling.

This is what I use. PinkCherry Toy Cleaner https://www.pinkcherry.com/misting-toy-cleaner-in-4oz-135ml

While you're probably totally fine using Dove bar soap for day-to-day cleaning, I'd still give it a boil every now and then, especially before putting your toys away for a longer period.

Just my two cents!

viyusa likes this.