1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Zootopia (spoiler warning)

Discussion in 'Fandom Stuff' started by MurphyAlter, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

well to be fair, the fennec guy was almost entirely covered except for his eyes. they wouldn't be able to tell they weren't the exact same species.

2. BorisLover

BorisLover ~ Lusty little minx ~

Not sure about the Judy thing. Maybe it's a representation of a cultral taboo.
    As for Nick and the Fennec. Id say predators and prey are representative of different races. As you see theres a stark contrast made when the predators are beginning to become discriminated against.

Just a theory and i guess its also a show thats left open to the viewers interpretation, depending how you want to view it.
    Thats how i saw it though :)

3. Exeter

Exeter Cuddly, Snuggly, Slutty Dragon

He wasn't at first, he came into the store with his head exposed, that moment he pulled the hood over was the big Aaaaawwwww moment that set the scene.

4. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

I unnooo, foxes can probably cross with other foxes. They do come in a lot of different shades after all

5. Exeter

Exeter Cuddly, Snuggly, Slutty Dragon

Well foxes all share a genus so that doesn't surprise me. I mean, I'm really just curious what rules are in place in their world and what taboos. There simply must be animals that do the do with others well outside their species. They must have unique sexual identities for all kinds of scenarios. They must have unique romantic identities as well. There must be attractions and attachments that fall well outside of what can lead to viable offspring.

BorisLover likes this.
  6. BorisLover

BorisLover ~ Lusty little minx ~

Curious now if the writers actually looked this far into it :p

Exeter and MurphyAlter like this.
  7. MurphyAlter

MurphyAlter The Floofiest

That's a good point. Nobody really raised an eyebrow at his son not being the same kind of fox as him, and as we've discussed before, Judy's neighbors are a gay interspecies couple. People apparently don't mind it as far as species that are close to each other, and I don't think there's any example for wildly different species.

And the whole "cute" bit is a joke at the n-word. Like, it's quite clearly just there as a joke for the parents, since the whole point of the movie is that it's a racial discussion without using real-world examples.

8. MurphyAlter

9. MurphyAlter

[​IMG]

Exeter likes this.
  10. MurphyAlter