1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Alerts issue/glitch

Discussion in 'Resolved Suggestions' started by vahaala, May 24, 2015.

1. vahaala

vahaala Nobody wants him, he just stares at the world...

Not sure if this is just a random glitch that occurs sometimes or more severe cause, but every now and then (random timing, can't really pinpoint the pattern if there's any) my alerts just stop working. They're not showing anything even despite flushing the browser cache completely, like the forum is dead - but there's activity in watched threads (I can go to those and see new posts). It starts working again when I mark all forums read. And yes, I'm pretty much always reading all the posts (or at least the latest) in threads I watch so it's probably not the cause. Also even if I didn't read them, it still worked, just after some delay. (like the system just waited some time to make another alert despite unread posts to avoid spamming)

2. Exeter

Exeter Cuddly, Snuggly, Slutty Dragon

One thing I've experienced is that when I get an alert, if I don't click on it, I won't get the next alert. For example, at work I might pull out my phone and check my alerts, and open everything but What is On Your Mind? because I know that would take too long to read. More posts in WIOYM won't even get a notification after that. It's like it thinks I'm not interested in that thread anymore because I have one notification I didn't click on.

The obvious workaround in to check New Posts preferentially. It's probably more reliable than Alerts.

3. Icestar

Icestar Transformers!

ive noticed this as well. after you've seen the alerts for a thread but leave the thread unchecked, you won't receive an alert again until you manually check the thread yourself, and it resets.

4. BDCA

BDCA The Tallest Staff Member

This is the correct behavior