1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

BD cum lube viscosity degrades by time?

Discussion in 'General Toy Discussions and pictures' started by subway, Dec 8, 2018.

1. subway

subway Active Member

Just wanted to ask you guys, if this is normal:

I have 3-4 bottles of BD cum lube, maybe half a year old. It was safely stored, no sunlight, no more than 25 degrees Celsius. And I recently noticed that the viscosity of the lube gets more and more water-like. If its not used for long, it is also kind of visible that the content of the bottle gets separated, but that can be fixed by shaking it for a few minutes. But this does not help on the consistency/viscosity issue.

In this video at 1:50 it is quite visible how should it look like when its OK:
    https://videos.toypics.net/view/4345/xl-unflared-chance-all-the-way/

Mine on the other hand is much more water-like. Does anyone encountered this problem so far?

2. subway

subway Active Member

To add to this topic, today I checked my 3 unopened bottles, and two of them shows the signs of this viscosity issue, the third bottle looks fine. It is also strange that the affected bottles have a very thin yellowish material at the bottom which is not going away even after a lot of shaking.

This is how it looks like:
    bd_cumlube_issue.jpg

Both affected bottles have 03-08-20 printed on them, the unaffected bottle is marked 01-01-20.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  3. Zastavan

Zastavan Abandoned Account

This is interesting. Im going to go out on a limb and guess that its a bit like when you get a can of something thats completely rotten inside. Somewhere along in manufacturing something went wrong and the product was not shelf stable. Maybe the PEG oxidized because it wasn't sealed properly, or not enough preservative was in those bottles or the acidity was not at the right level or maybe even the mix was contaminated. We don't know how they make this stuff or where its even made so who knows. Maybe in shipping it was exposed to rapid temperature changes aswell. Its pretty much impossible to know what causes this to happen because of the amount of variables and lack of information.

Don't use it and just throw it away, pretty obvious something has gone bad.

The titanium gives the mix the white color, and nothing else in the mix has a "color" when in solution. The color change pretty evidently displays that a chemical change has occurred so Im saying don't use it.

Merrick likes this.
  4. Skyedog

Skyedog Member

I’ve noticed the same with a bottle I have, last one in a quantity buy. Shows a 6/19 expiration date. No strange color but definitely very watery compared to normal.... time for something else I guess

5. tamandua

tamandua Active Member

That's happened to me before too. :/ I had to throw out two bottles recently because they became completely watery and unusable even though they were previously unopened. Both clear and white have done this and neither were especially old when I've literally had older bottles last longer. One came from Amazon, one direct from BD, and both stored inside a drawer. Whatever the new formula is, it sucks and it's money down the drain. :mad:

I'd love to hear recommendations for alternatives because I think I'm done with BD lube if it's going to turn into water in less than a year.

6. Zastavan

I believe the main ingredient in Cum Lube is the same as some Laxatives like Miralax. Im not sure though, havn't bought a bottle to test it so I really don't know. There is also J-Lube but it has its own caveats. Chiefly its meant for veterinarian usage and contains sugar to ease mixing so it tends to go bad quickly if left out.

Theres also yiffy lube on ebay, but Im suspicious about where its coming from or who is making it so I have avoided it. Aside from Cum Lube from BD I havn't seen or tried a sex lube product that is as good as it is for anal play and is sold from a store and from a trust able source.

7. subway

subway Active Member

Thanks for all the comments. I am surprised that there is an expiration date on the bottles? Cant fin it. Or is that black dotted printed number around the neck of the bottle? In my case that means it should be good until 2020.03.08. (or.08.03.), either way, it should be OK. And its not. All of my bottles were coming form BD directly, in the same box as my large Flint.

I opened a ticket for this before christmas, ticket number is 172517, no update yet. I urge everyone with similar experience to open a case too, and maybe refer to mine so they can see something is wrong.

I expect them to replace the bad bottles for free, as the shipping cost to here is expensive.

8. Zastavan

Ever get an update from BD?

9. SneksToys

SneksToys Active Member

Ok, now I'm nervous. I've heard about lube getting watery, but never about discoloration and rotting.

I dont think I'm going to use BDs lube anymore. Any suggestions for vum-looking lube?

10. Zastavan

BD lube is fine. Any consumable item can go bad. If you saw some cans of peas I have seen, rotten and completely unopened, you would not want to eat anything from a can if this upsets you.

11. subway

subway Active Member

A girl contacted me from BD to get some details, but in the last 4 weeks, its awful quite. Just sent them a reminder (TT was opened at December 13., so its about time to fix it).
    SneksToys:
    I dont think it is rotten, or bad in that sense of the word, but none the less it is not functional in this watery form. Instead of the original thick slippery state, it is almost like water with barely any lubricating effect. And for large and XL toys, thats not something you want :)

12. subway

subway Active Member

Updated: they offered my 30$. I told them that I dont want any money back, so just send me 4 bottles (cover the shipping as well), and we are done.

Update2: they sent the 4 bottles, and covered the shipping. This is the conclusion of it I guess.

I wanted to highlight that the BD customer support claims they never heard of anything similar, so if anyone has the same (coloration and/or watery texture) issue, please open tickets in that regard. Also you can refer to my ticket (172517) so they see there are multiple customers affected. Of coarse you will need to provide solid evidence (pictures, video etc.), I did that as well.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    stuck-on-the-knot1 likes this.
  13. Mr. Silicone

Mr. Silicone Member

There is an option on the market for awesome lube that your going to love. Check out their website. Wizardsanddreams.com Four different varieties to fit your needs.

14. Villie

Villie wrow

I cant find any ingredients for any of these

tamandua likes this.
  15. tamandua

tamandua Active Member

Yeahhhh I literally could not tell the difference between the four varieties they offered and they had no explanation either LOL

Honestly tho I'd just buy some J-lube powder and mix up your own lube as you go, it's way cheaper in the long run than buying pallets of BD lube and having that stuff go bad. It's the same stringy gooey consistency and super slippery. You can buy a big bottle of the powder on Amazon for like $16 bucks. If you want it to be white lube, get some food-grade titanium dioxide and mix that in. Never waste money on lube again. :D

Ms. Kitten likes this.
  16. Mr. Silicone

Mr. Silicone Member

It is a little hard to navigate the website but worth it. The Leather & Lace is a tad smoother and thicker then the one a lot of you use. Dragon Slayer is more for BIG TOYS or those who just like it nice and thick ((-; Morning Dove matches the ladies PH and Tender Kiss has a really light body for just a little bit of slippery. I think I'm a Slayer fan myself or maybe Leather. Depends on the day haha

17. Villie

Villie wrow

Can you send me the ingredients list? I wanna make sure theres nothing thatll irritate me

18. Mr. Silicone

Mr. Silicone Member

Hi Villie,
    Pure water, POE, Potassium Sorbate, and Citric Acid to balance PH. I can't think of anything in there that would be a problem but let me know. Remember there is the lower PH lube available (Morning Doves) just for you ladies if that helps.