1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

BD Forum Shutdown & Follow-Up [debate]

Discussion in 'Debates' started by DameKathryn, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Sunnyena

Sunnyena Im sorry for bad spelling :(

And their IP is pinging from a certain state in the southwest US, hmmmm, kinda makes you wonder.... ;)

2. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

*gasp*
    That is private information missy. We at BDc-... er The Dragon Hoard, do not take part in snoopery
    unless its done quietly

3. Sunnyena

Sunnyena Im sorry for bad spelling :(

Whoops, paws slipped! What ever will I do?? XD

4. DizzyDragon

DizzyDragon The Painted Dragon

Well, I can understand the need to for each of us to form our own opinion about BD, but we do need to consider how they have dealt with other customer interactions, along with the situations on twitter (those jokes, just icky), the forums, and tickets among others. Our interactions are not in a vacuum of just the company and the royal we. Like how we wouldn't buy toys form a toy company that openly endorses seal clubbing for example, in my super evil corporation caricature. I wouldn't want to buy toys from that company, even if they had rad toys at a even more radical price. Not that BD is like THAT of course.

I don't believe that BD is trying to be malicious. They just aren't very..... careful or thought-out about their actions? I guess I could say? I think BD is still a young company that has pretty big britches to fill. Thus there are gaps in service that most of us as customers have issues with (such as sensitivity), but at least recently BD has not been very great at handling customer complaints/issues. I don't like blatantly badmouthing them either, so I want to give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't think people working at BD are evil, it is just a company of people that isn't really be handled spectacularly. Hopefully they will take notice and try to improve their standards. I think the hard thing for me personally, is that I don't see them actively trying to improve, or at least these improvements are not clear.

tl/dr: consider other people's experiences too when judging. Even if there are problems, BD is not evil, but they have do have problems I hope they can improve on.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    Grimmyr and Caracal like this.
  5. uk2008

uk2008 Guest

Wouldn't worry about a ping my net comes back from all over the UK for some weird reason :s

6. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

If the whole ordeal with the ping being spot on, I'd have a giggle because I wouldn't put it past that ya'know... -Clears throat-
    That and it kind of amuses me that the name looks like binary. It would be the letter "F". :'3 Not that it has anything to do with anything, binary is just neat.

But yeah, like everyone pretty much states: it's not like we're on the fiery bandwagon of BD hate, we all just have very good reasons to dislike BD for who and what they are/stand for. Very popular toy reviewers heavily dislike the company for MANY reasons. The only reviewers I have seen that still like them are sorta ass kissers. :B It's always wise to see where people are coming from in an argument before throwing profanity and just generally acting like an ass.

7. Caracal

Caracal Warm-blooded Cat Furniture

I'm getting really frustrated with not being able to fact-check any reports or get real numbers on customer satisfaction. Every company has bad reviews and terrible stories lurking somewhere: sometimes it's a pattern of crappy behavior from the company, sometimes it's a handful of unreasonable users, sometimes it's a miscommunication, sometimes it's an isolated event, etc. I have had nothing but good experiences with the company, and I don't like relying on internet hearsay. So what do you do when the company is so small that all you've got is internet hearsay?

EDIT: Oops, I wasn't calling anyone here "unreasonable"; it was a general statement about evaluating company reviews. Sorry if that came out wrong.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  8. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

Idunno. All good points, Caracal! But I also just feel the internet is the only people you can rely on. I mean, it's not like you can just actually walk into BD and throw down an order or browse their products in person. You actually have to buy from them on the internet. Now days, I also find a lot of comfort in the internet. I know sometimes things get a little shady with people and they're good at hiding behind a little facade, but I have found a LOT of honest and amazing people around here.

My whole ordeal with BD about whether to believe the company or whether to believe the people, I choose to believe the people. On Fetlife, Tumblr, the old forums themselves and even here and in Skype group chats, I have found more people stating their negative encounters with BD than anything really positive anymore. BD, personally for me, has just kept rolling downhill. All they really saw from the customers was dollar signs and started to care less and less how we felt. It seems as though they are trying to win us back, and it's getting better, but it doesn't excuse them for what they do or how uncomfortable they have made people feel. :T Especially when Varka came straight out and called a good handful of the community literal scum. Not really the kind of guy I want to be buying product from.

9. Vitani

Vitani Tertiary antagonist

The fact that they pretty much stole that poor girls design without compensation just...really sits with me the wrong way.

Thursar and Grimmyr like this.
  10. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

BUT YA'KNOW VITANI. You're just on the BD hate wagon.
    Get down from there young lady.
    They never do anything wrong.

:I

Keely and Vitani like this.
  11. scalie

scalie back pokin' snake

interesting to see just how dead the old forums are after the shutdown threat. I'll check them out of curiosity and then check again 2 weeks later and the most popular threads have only moved like half a page. as a whole I'm just kind of done with BD. I like the toys I have but none of the new designs stand out to me and the prices are pretty ridiculous now. most customer service interaction I had within the first year of buying toys from them was superb, after that it went to shit and on several occasions took more than a week to hear back on any issues. I've also decided to scrap any toy design projects I was working on as I've heard more about shady stuff going on. if frisky beast or EE ever opens up a labs sort of deal I'd jump at the chance, but with BD... meh

DameKathryn and Exeter like this.