1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

CockSocks: A New Storage Option

Discussion in 'Completed Sale/Wanted Threads' started by Darkenedstar14, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Darkenedstar14

Darkenedstar14 College Student & CockSock Socksmith

Holiday Shut down begins!

The Shop is now officially closed until 1/12/20. New orders cannot be placed until I reopen in January after I've had some time to restock. I'm working to fulfilll what's left of my '12 Days' Sale orders and I'll do my best to get them out before Christmas.

Let me just take another moment to say thanks all of you for supporting me this year (and the previous years for those who've been here for a while)!. I knew this Sale was going to be huge. but I did not realize just how big the demand was for my CockSocks! Will definitely keep this in mind for next year.

I will make my annual New Year's announcement later on. Other than that, I do not know how often I update my socials outside of letting buyers know the status of their orders.

In any case, I wish you all a happy holiday and a fabulous New Year!

Until next time!

Zaphora likes this.
  2. Darkenedstar14

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to Everyone! Hope y’all have a warm fire going, good food on the way, and great presents waiting for you!

3. Darkenedstar14

Happy New Year!
    The Year of Perfect Vision (Get it?! 20-20?! Anyway…)

Time for my Annual Announcement of what I hope to accomplish this year. I’m continuing with college, but after doing this for a couple of years now I have a pretty good idea of what I can realistically do while taking classes. Like last year, I’m breaking this down to a more comprehensive list for simplicity.

General:
    Stockpile - The 12 Days of Christmas Sale almost cleaned me out guys! Seriously, I had about 10% of my stock left by the end; absolutely magnificent! The Shop will reopen on 1/12/20 and I hope to have at least a few new designs so I can begin replenishing my hoard. I’m not doing much for individual holidays this year since there’s hasn’t been much interest. I will try to incorporate various holiday colors each season to at least acknowledge them, but I’m not going to release something on each holiday. I.e. Some green/gold for St. Pats in the Spring.

Designs - Ask and you shall receive! Thanks to the replies I have received so far from my End of The Year Survey, I have already begun searching for some new fabrics to release this year. A lot of you wanted some more space/sky/galaxy themes. Animal furs, scales, and skin designs were also requested and the general consensus seems to be ‘abstract art is the best art.’ The new year fashions will be added in the Spring once I’m rid of the last of 2019’s choices.

The Survey is open until 1/5/20 for those who haven’t taken it yet. You don’t have to complete it, but if you do then you will get a surprise at the end! Click here to go to it!

Prices - If you missed the initial announcement, starting this year prices have risen by $2.00 for all sizes. I.e. $4 Minis are now $6, $5 Smalls are now $7, etc. This is to account for rising fabric prices and the amount of fabric I need to fulfill my larger orders. I will still have my usual seasonal sales for those who like a good deal! And as an added bonus, I’m now part of the the “Free Shipping for Orders over $35 Club!”

Routine - In one of my ‘12 Days’ posts, I talked about a personal goal of establishing a schedule for adding new Socks to my Stockpile. MY current plan is to try releasing 1-3 new designs each month depending on my schedule. January will mostly consist of designs I planned to use in 2019 but didn’t get a chance to do so. February will have a couple new designs for Valentine’s Day I’ll try to finish up my 2019 stock.

Now for some seasonal activities…

Winter
    Reopen - The Shop will be opened again on 1/12/20! The spring semester starts this week for me, hence the timing. Since I had the ‘12 Days’ Sale at the start of the season and will have a Valentine’s Day Sale in February, there will NOT be a 25% seasonal sale.

Sales - The Valentine’s Day Sale will be here again! 50% off Stockpile and maybe 25% for customs, I haven’t decided yet. Since the ‘12 Days’ Sale did well for Canada, I think I’ll open up Canadian shipping again for this sale. If all goes well, then I’ll make this a permanent change.

Spring
    Exxxotica - I will be ‘out of office’ for one weekend in April for the Exxxotica Expo near Chicago (as an attendant, NOT a vendor). I’ll still accept orders and answer questions, but there may be a delay because I won’t be near my workspace. If you’re in the area and you haven’t been to this event before, I highly recommend you check it out!

Slow Down - There will be a slow down in CockSock Creation during late April and early May due to Finals. I will have an official announcement later so that you guys can anticipate the exact time period.

Summer
    PRIDE! - I plan to have a RAINBOW! Option for sale during the summer, but I haven’t decided what the fabric will be yet. I’ll do a Rainbow Sale for June also, thinking 25-50% off depending on supplies.

Drop - …Possibly…? I haven’t decided yet if I’m going to do a Mega Drop this year. Usually I only do drops when I’m really backed up with fabric options, which I’m actually trying to avoid this year by establishing a routine. If I do, it will likely be in late July or August.

Fall
    Sale - 12 Days of Christmas of course! It will start on Black Friday (11/27) and end on Tuesday 12/8. I definitely learned my lesson this year and will prepare my Stockpile accordingly. The survey results and custom requests will also help me with having new designs available.

Shut-Down - My annual holiday break/ restock time will begin on 12/9/20 after ‘12 Days’ Sale. Any orders I received during the Sale that I didn’t finish will continue to be worked on during the Shut-Down, but new orders cannot be placed until I reopen the following year.

And so here are my thoughts for 2020! For those who don’t know, I do have a thread on Reddit where you can suggest ideas or ask questions anytime. I’ve been hanging out on there a lot lately and stalking the BD Reddit page.

Until next time, may this year be fabulous for all of you!

4. Darkenedstar14

Today is the last day to complete my End of the Year survey! It will close after 11:30 PM tonight, so you have until then to finish it for a surprise!
    Click here to share your thoughts!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  5. Darkenedstar14

Come one come all! The CockShop is open once again for a new year!

Right now there's just a few Socks left over that I didn't get a chance to add to the Stockpile before 2019 ended. But don't worry, I'm currently working on a couple new designs for Valentine's Day! I have a personal goal of releasing at least new styles on Socks per month this year. I'm keeping an eye out for more fabric based on the responses I received in the Survey.

Speaking of which, thank you to everyone who participated! I try to have a wide variety in my options of fabulous fabric and it's good to be able to pin down what it is you guys are looking for. I can go out and pick anything that interests me, but my tastes may not be your tastes, ya' know what I mean?

I'm also back in school this week, so any Customs or Random! orders could take a little while. However, I'm still more than happy to do them for those who ask!

Anyway, click on the link above to The CockSock Shop and check things out. Don't forget to bookmark the page in time for the Valentine's Day Sale!

Until next time!

6. Darkenedstar14

Those of you on Reddit may have already seen this announcement but...

With January coming to an end, I wanted to get the word out. The CockSock Shop's annual Valentine's Day Sale will be from 2/9 to 2/15!
    50% off stockpile CockSocks and 25% off Random! and Custom orders. I will have at least a couple new designs as well. Treat yourself and your Lover with some fabulous fashions!

7. Darkenedstar14

Valentine's Day Sale in a couple of days, y'all. You're gonna need a bag to store your bae's surprise gift, after all!

8. Darkenedstar14

The Annual Valentine's Day Sale is back! 50% off Stockpile and 25% off Randoms for this week only! We also Got 2 new designs to choose from:
    Chocolate Lover's Dream
    20200209_062347.jpg

Burnin' Love
    20200209_064028.jpg

Spread the news and the Love this week, everyone!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCockSockShopUS

9. Darkenedstar14

Hope you all aren't too worn out from last night's activities!

Today is the last day for my Valentine's Day CockSock Sale! 50% off Stockpile. 25% custom and randoms!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCockSockShopUS

For those who have ordered customs, I have to go to the fabric store this weekend to stock up. So your order should be shipped out on 2/21 at the earliest!

10. Darkenedstar14

The Valentine's Day Sale is over, but my year has just begun! Thank you all for your support so early into the year!

For those of you CockSock Cravers that have ordered customs, I have to stop by the fabric store this weekend. So y'all can anticipate your order being shipped out this Friday (2/21) at the earliest and I should have them all shipped by the end of the month.

After experimenting with 2019's '12 Days' Sale and this year's Val. Day Sale, I've decided to open up shipping for Canada as well. Awesome, eh? (sorry) All the Canadian orders I have gotten resulted in an average of $10 USD to ship multiple CockSocks in a single package. For right now, I'm going to do a 'base' shipping cost of $7 USD for one product and add $0.75 for each additional one. If this ends up being too much for an order, I will still refund the remaining amount as per my policy. If this overcharge ends up being a frequent issue, then I will adjust the Canadian shipping prices as needed.

Some people asked why I choose those specific colors (Burnin' Love & CLD) for this Sale, when I could have done 'traditional' ones like red, pink, white, etc. I actually choose them for two reasons:
    1) Those 'traditional' colors can be found everywhere during the entire month and I wanted to have something that stood out. I did look at fabrics in these colors, but most of them were very repetitive and not ideal.
    2) One issue that was pointed out to me in the 2019 End of the Year Survey was that the same colors tend to frequently pop up with each season even if it's in different shades. After going through old photos I had featuring previous fabrics, I realized that... yeah, that complaint is 100% VALID and I do need to step it when it comes to variety. So I choose a couple of colors that I don't use often and I'm going to try to expand my color palate as the year goes on.

After this week I will have a new batch coming sometime in the spring; likely late March/ early April depending on my schedule. My plan was to have a new design or two each mouth this year, but a couple of classes this semester are requiring more work at home than I anticipated. Luckily this hasn't stopped me from still completing orders, working on creating new Socks, and finding a couple of fabrics for the summer. Including new RAINBOW FABRIC!

But I'll talk more about that later.

Speaking of talking, I do my best to keep up with social media so feel free to send a message even if you hear nothing from me. I actually try not to post to much on my feeds so that I don't look like I'm spamming y'all. I've been hovering around Reddit recently and occasionally comment on things when I feel like my opinion matters (rarely, but it happens). I still pop in here on DragonHoard to check things out and make I make a Tweet every now and then. Tumblr SURPRISINGLY hasn't kicked me off since The Purge, so I'm still lurking there.

Usually when I have a Sale or major update I cross-post my Reddit post to the BD subReddit so that I get the word out. However, my basic updates/ any topics I start on there will probably be confined to my actual Reddit page. If you want to follow, cool! If not, that's also cool!

Anyway, this will be the last 'major update for a while. Until next time!

11. Darkenedstar14

3/1: Beginning today, the minimum wait time for custom/random orders is 4 weeks. I have a few abnormally large orders that I'm currently working to fulfill. Custom/random orders take priority over any pre-made stock that I may plan and school/work takes priority over that. So there will not be a another CockSock drop until likely late March.

Thank you for your patience!

12. Darkenedstar14

I'm sure by now y'all know about the Coronavirus that's been going around. I wanted to sort of give a "mini-update" in light of all of this.

I'm still working on the last of my recent orders and I anticipate being finished by the end of this week. I have been on Spring Break for a week (which my university has extended), and have been self-confined to my home/workspace since Saturday 3/7 so that I can finish up. My university has also announced that it will now be operating with online classes only until at least April, which means no commute for me.

My interactions with the outside world are limited to the post office to ship orders, fabric store to fulfill orders, and work. I work at a short-term psychiatric facility that is taking extra precautions to limit contact with the public unless necessary. No visitors, frequent bleaching, hand-sanitizer inspections, etc.

I'm telling you all of this so that you guys have an idea of what is going on at The Shop. I understand that this is probably the last thing on everyone's mind, but I wanted to at least give those who have already ordered and waiting on their shipment a peace of mind.

Until next time, stay safe out there!

13. Darkenedstar14

3/21: Due to the current worldwide crisis, I'm temporarily disabling the options for custom and random orders. This is due to the fact that I often have to go out and acquire more fabric to fulfill these orders. My fulltime job does not enable me to work from home, therefore I'm trying to limit contact outside of work and home as much as possible.

At this time, The CockSock Shop is still open and I'm happy to sell the pre-made options I still have available and whatever I may add. The Mega Drop that I originally had planned for spring is now pushed back to this summer at the earliest.

Still, I plan to use my sewing skills to the fullest during this time. More info to follow!

14. Darkenedstar14

What a crazy time to be alive, y'all!

I know I've been silent for a while, mainly because I'm still trying to adjust to the 'new normal" we're all experiencing. Like many people on Lockdown right now, I need something to occupy my time at home and keep myself sane. In light of recent events and the shortage of crucial supplies, I decided use my skills to contribute not just to "sexual health" but also to "respiratory health."

Introducing Random! Reusable Non-Medical Cloth Face Masks!

[​IMG]
    These are made from various fabric pieces I have currently have left over from my usual Creations; so no customs or requests for this particular item for now. I have already made several masks for family, friends, and local healthcare personal who have given me feedback on the design and function. Since this is a new item for me I'm constantly making adjustments to improve quality. One batch might be slightly different from the previous, but any significant changes will be stated in the description.

You can read the full details in the actual product description; which you can view here.

Basics to know:
    * 100% cotton fabric with braided elastic
    * Washable
    * Filter pocket
    * Adults - One size fits all
    * Limited supply due to limited resources.
    *NOT REFUNDABLE or EXCHANGEABLE! If there are issues contact me!

The masks are currently $5.00 each with the usual $3.50 (USA) or $7.00 (Canada) to ship one but only $0.10 to ship any additional ones. If it ends up being too much then I'll adjust prices as needed. Considering the unusual circumstances, I am willing to work with order quantity WITHIN REASON so that needs are met. I.E.: if you need some for a household of 4 but can only afford 3 plus shipping due to other expenses at home, I may be able to toss in an extra one depending on stock available. Just send me a message and I'll see if something can be done. However, don't expect to get 20 masks for the price of 5 or something like that.

All sales from this listing will be used to make more as necessary. As I stated in my thread on Reddit, I wish I didn't have to charge anything at this time. However the fact is, I need money to continue creating more and I just don't have the personal funds to solely do this on top of my usual bills in real life.

Disclaimer: These masks alone WILL NOT protect you against any type of virus or disease! These masks (and any filter you add) are meant to provide an additional barrier between your internal body and the outside environment. It is still important to practice good hygiene and follow all safety protocols enacted in your area to the best of your ability. If you work for a health-care services provider, check with your facility to see if cloth masks like these are allowed.

Until next time, stay safe everyone!

(P.S.: When I said I wanted to release new products earlier this year, this is not what I meant I SWEAR!)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    Zaphora likes this.
  15. Darkenedstar14

So how many of y'all are "officially" out of quarantine yet? How many of you are staying inside when possible anyway like me? Ain't life grand?! Anyway, here's brief CockSock Shop status report.

I'm currently waiting for more supplies in the mail to finish off the rest of the face masks and maybe make a few more. I ran out of supplies faster than I thought I would, but had the foresight to order more when I started making them last month. My shipment is expected to be here in a couple of weeks. I've been splitting the mask supply between the local healthcare workers who need them and the Shop, which is why I only had 30 to start with. If I get any Restock Requests then I'll reevaluate.

University semester is almost finished for me; although I was mentally finished by the end of March. When FINALS are over, I plan get back to "normal" and start working on actual CockSocks again. (I had put that on hold to focus on the Masks.) My plan is to release at least a couple of new designs in June and have a large drop at some point this summer; hopefully by the end of July. At this point, I'm not opening Customs or Randoms! because of the current circumstances. If things seriously improve by the end of May, I'll consider it.

I hope y'all are safe and sound and sexy during this time. We'll make it through this if we spiritually stick together. Until next time, WASH YOUR HANDS!

16. Darkenedstar14

It’s that time once again for rainbows and psychedelic colors to flood the streets, for mega corporations to give a pathetic attempt at seeming like allies, for homophobes to worry about the next step in the Gay Agenda, and for the LGBTQA+ crowd to not take any shit from anyone telling them that they’re being ‘excessive’ or ‘overly dramatic’ or ‘going overboard in their quest for world domination.’ You know, the usual PRIDE shenanigans.

And that means it’s time for me to contribute my talents to this historic celebration: new CockSock designs!. For those that remember my End of The Year Survey from so long ago, I asked what kind of designs you guys wanted to see more of. A lot of you really wanted some more animal patterns; particularly scales. Ask and you shall receive!

Here we have the main event at 50% off is the Rainbow Serpent Scales! and their two friends, Taniwha Scales and Salamander Scales at 25% off. The names for all three of these Socks were inspired by mythological legends that I thought to be quite fitting for such beautiful designs!
    20200602_075059.jpg
    (I had planned to include a wide variety of animal fur/scale patterns, but tasteful designs that aren’t boring as hell are surprisingly hard to come by. Maybe I'll have better luck during for 12 Days Sale…)

I’m sorry that there’s not a whole lot at the Shop at the moment, I still plan to have a Mega Drop near the end of July to help boost the Stockpile back up (and yes I will have a few X-Larges for you Size Queens out there!). I also got a small batch of Face Masks for those who may still need them. Unless I get a lot of PMs on my social pages asking for more, this will be the last batch I will do for a while. I’m glad I was able to help out in this crisis with my skills, but I’m running low on supplies for these and there are many more shops at this point who can provide masks in greater numbers than I can. Plus, I know several others out there have taken up a new hobby and have created their own!

I know things are pretty crazy in the world right now, especially in the USA with everything that has been going on. My heart goes out to everyone that has been affected by all the chaos that has occurred in the last couple of months, hell this whole YEAR! Protests are spreading throughout the nation, including in a couple of cities near me. (Not too surprising really, my current residence is nearby a highly POC populated area and the police haven't been highly regarded in the last few years.) I hope that everyone who wishes to assist those in need, any way they they are able to, stays safe and informed as event progress forward.

As cliche as it sounds, this too shall pass. Not quickly I’m sure, but I believe that the human race as a whole has proven over the years that when push comes to shove, we will support each other and fight for what is right regardless of what obstacles are in our way. We always find a way to adapt to and overcome challenges and at our core, we want to help our fellow humans to do the same.

Okay, I’m off my soapbox. TL, DR: New CockSocks, Mega Drop in July, be careful, haters gonna hate and we don't care. (Do people even use these phrases anymore? I’m really showing my age here…)

Until next time, be safe guys!

Xochiquetzal and Zaphora like this.
  17. Darkenedstar14

So... Independence Day...

Normally, I would make a post celebrating this holiday and whatever new Socks I have. However,...

Look, I'm just going to be totally honest: It's really hard for me to feel patriotic right now considering everything that has been happening recently. As a non-white, non-straight, non-Christian millennial, I am absolutely horrified by the way things have been going in the last few years. While I try to keep things light hearted for the most part in regards to The Shop, I have to admit that I'm still a bit afraid for those like myself who do not fit the "ideal mold" of what an "American" is according to certain members of our society. Times have changed but not everyone is willing to acknowledge how the previous Way of Life was just not ideal for everyone (to put it mildly).

I truly believe that everything will get better but it will still take a lot of time, resources, and people willing to help change things for the better. Which is why at the end of the month after my Mega Drop happens, at least 25% of the profits from sales this month will go towards at least one cause/ organization in need of support. I haven't decided which one yet because there are so many to choose from, but I've been doing my research and keeping an eye on some notable names. If there is a specific cause you guys want to see the profits go to, let me know in a comment or PM on my social pages.

i can't confidently call this a 'Happy' Independence Day, but it's certainly a notable one. For those who have shown their support by protesting, sharing stories, educating themselves, shopping at small businesses that support us, and so much more; let me take this moment to thank all of you and anyone else who may not read this but still needs to know that their efforts are appreciated.

Until next time!

Zaphora likes this.
  18. Zaphora

Zaphora Moderator Staff Member

Csn I suggest one that is for autism? I Support small businesses

19. Darkenedstar14

What do you have in mind? I'm not personally familiar with Autism support groups outside of how horrible 'Autism Speaks' actually is.

20. Darkenedstar14

After wrestling with my internet, I got the Mega Drop! Not as much as I hoped to have for this summer, but I guess that is to be expected considering everything that has happened this year. Shipping may take an extra day due to my work schedule, but I promise to get these orders shipped out as usual!

Click here to check them out while they're still here!