1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Coconut Oil...some questions!

Discussion in 'Help, Questions and How-To's' started by Bucky'sBestGirl, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Bucky'sBestGirl

Bucky'sBestGirl "Fate, up against your will..." - The Killing Moon

Hey all! After trying several different brands of lube and either loving it but it's expensive as hell (Cumlube) or hating it because it burns in a most uncomfortable, mood-killing way...I'm pondering trying out coconut oil as a lube. I hear great things, from it being great for skin and hair to being awesome to cook with. Yay! So my questions are thus....what's the difference between refined and unrefined, will it make a difference when using it as a lube, which one/brands tend to be gritty and which ones are smooth? Which ones simply melt with body heat and which ones require a bit of help to melt? I'd like to get a non-gritty, easily-melted variety. What do you wonderful folks recommend and how is it best stored?

Thanks!
    Trek

2. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

Unrefined means they do as little to its possible, refined pretty much just means that it will have most if not all of the scent removed. You want to find the kind thats solid at room temperature and is organic as possible. words that you want to see are cold pressed, expeller pressed, USDA Organic. Only coconut oil should be listed as an ingredient nothing else.

I've been using it as lube for a while, and what I definitely noticed is that it holds heat very well but is better for slower play. It has a lot of "grab" to it so rapid thrusting is out of the question at least for me, it just builds up too much friction

3. Misskin

Also, it helps to take a glob of it from the jar and put it in a much smaller and easier to handle dispenser. It makes it a lot easier during play

4. Bucky'sBestGirl

I definitely want the yummy smell of coconut, so I'll be sure to get unrefined! Would a small squeeze bottle work as as dispenser or....what do you use? And gotcha, slower play it is. Actually, that sounds pretty wonderful. :3 Thank you!!!

5. Ajax

Ajax Guest

Bringing this over from my post on the old forum. I use it regularly and sell a lot of it at work.
    Coconut oil is so great for so many uses! I work at a health food store and we make sure our customers know to only ever buy coconut oil that says four things on it:

• USDA Certified Organic
    • Unrefined
    • Extra Virgin
    • Cold Pressed
    Those four things mean a world of difference, however, it is mostly preached upon by us for people who are eating it. Coconut oil that does not say those four things and is highly processed can be bad for you. In any case, I see no reason why one shouldn't look for high quality coconut oil when using it as lube. I use it as lube myself and have found that I quite like the Kelapo brand, but Natures Way and Garden of Life also make high quality coconut oil with those four things on the label too! The one I get comes in glass, so transferring some into a plastic container or squeeze bottle for toying is a great idea if there is even the slightest chance you could drop the original container. What I don't put into the plastic container usually stays in the kitchen for use in the frying pan. It's awesome stuff! I would highly recommend trying it, and if you don't like it as lube, you can use it for cooking, on your hair or skin. It's a win/win!
    Link to the whole thread on the BD forums: https://forums.bad-dragon.com/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=24148

Bucky'sBestGirl likes this.
  6. Bucky'sBestGirl

Oh, this is perfect!! Thank you Ajax!!! *glomp*

Ajax likes this.
  7. Dark Butterfly

Dark Butterfly lol dongle

Do NOT use Coconut Oil as vaginal lube, I might not have gotten a UTI first time but second time I did HO-LY SHIT did I ever get a nasty painful bladder infection.

Unless idk I was using the wrong kind?? its 100% cold pressed coconut oil.

Just use A LOT of caution if you plan on using it vaginal but if I where you save it for anal and oral. (This is from my own experience btw so take it as you will, but also on here http://www.burlesquetoyshop.com/Lubricant_c_39.html it says in regards to oils "Not for vaginal play")

8. Bucky'sBestGirl

@Dark Butterfly Yikes!! I'm sorry that happened to you! :( I haven't yet heard of UTIs from coconut oil, but it's certainly within the realm of possibility, so I'll be careful and monitor how I do on it. Thank for for the heads up!

9. Shardik

Shardik Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've never heard of coconut oil causing UTIs. That seems weird. I've been using the super-refined stuff. It works amazingly well as anal lube, even for much heavier things like fisting. One trick is to refrigerate it, then quickly roll it into marble-sized balls, then freeze the balls. You can insert those anally and they'll really grease up your insides.

10. Bucky'sBestGirl

Would the freeze method work for vaginal use too? (My innards are far too finicky for any kind of anal play)

11. Dark Butterfly

Dark Butterfly lol dongle

I did try it anal and its a lot better than the water based anal lube I have, easier for more rounded/bulbous anal toys to slip in and pull out

Misskin likes this.
  12. Shardik

Shardik Well-Known Member

I dunno. I don't have a vagina, sadly. The ones whose owners let me play with seem to prefer water-based lubes.

13. Misskin

@Bucky'sBestGirl
    I would say to maybe pop the coconut cubes in your mouth for a split second first, just in case they do that "ow its stuck to my skin thing" frozen stuff does sometimes

14. Bucky'sBestGirl

@Misskin Thank ya! I went and bought some organic, free-trade, unrefined all-that-good-stuff coconut oil and OMG. I'm seriously never going back to other lubes. This stuff is AMAZING!!!! :D

Ajax likes this.
  15. Misskin

I know right, I use that stuff everywhere.
    I put it in my hair (it seriously fights off frizz in humidity)
    I put it on my skin (not just before I go out or i'll get toasted lol)
    I rub it on anywhere I shaved because it keeps the skin silky and not itchy
    The only thing it can't do is taxes lol

Ajax and DameKathryn like this.
  16. SnowLycan

SnowLycan ☆*:.。.Mahou shoujo.。.:*☆

I've used coconut oil for a while now because most of the lubes I tried that were water based and parabens free gave me sensitive skin down there because all of them used citrus. So I believe that's what cause the skin irritation. But coconut oil is the best especially on my toys you can really feel them rather than using the water based stuff.
    Although it is strange you got a UTI from it when it doesn't have any properties that can cause it and you can get UTI's many other ways also.

17. Bucky'sBestGirl

This stuff is seriously, just like....wow! I can't believe I waited this long to try it! :D As for the UTI that Dark Butterfly that got, I have no idea...I have no reason to doubt her, cos every body system is different and be sensitive to some random things...but I personally haven't otherwise heard of coconut oil causing UTIs. Who knows? :3 So far, I haven't had any problems.

18. SnowLycan

SnowLycan ☆*:.。.Mahou shoujo.。.:*☆

@Bucky'sBestGirl I know what you mean darling when you say why did it take me so long to use coconut oil as lube. I was the same. It's truly wonderful stuff.

19. Misskin

Another reason to love coconut oil.
    it fixed my horribly winter ravaged lips. Smearing it on twice daily had them back to normal in 2 days

Bucky'sBestGirl likes this.
  20. Bucky'sBestGirl

Pleased to report that even after my gallbladder surgery, I can still use coconut oil with none of the typical problems associated with the gallbladderless and oils/fats. *happy dance*

Abylgan and Misskin like this.