1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Comparison to rigid butt plugs?

Discussion in 'Help, Questions and How-To's' started by Baldrick, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Baldrick

Baldrick Member

I tripped across Bad Dragon on reddit recently and found the toys very intriguing. I'm a male that enjoys anal play, particularly stretching. I think it goes without saying I am seeking a toy I could knot that will still give a satisfying stretch. I tried searching the subject and didn't manage to come up with quite the information I'm looking for as I feel like there are a ton of variables at play here. I'm looking for some opinions on the depth/firmness of Bad Dragon toys in comparison to putt plugs. Given the price is substantially higher than what I've been using I want to make a well informed decision on this. Being in Canada is a further complication, given the exchange and high shipping/brokerage charges so I am keeping an eye out for used right now and just trying to compile a list of what to watch out for and in what firmness.

Up to this point I've mainly used very firm plugs or other rigid items (POM bottle), I can take 9" circumference quite easily and have gone up to 10.25" on occasion. I've also self fisted (hard to really get an accurate measurement on that). The most recent toy I had was a Doc Johnson B-10 Tango, I could take it just to the point of the 3rd bump, which was 10.25" circumference at a depth of about 7.5". The head of the toy had about an 8" circumference, the second bump around 9.25". Being a rigid toy that amount of size at that depth was an issue for me to take the 3rd bump. I ended up butchering the toy in order to use that last bump by itself for a short period of time, but I ended up tossing it because I found the jagged cuts to be uncomfortable.

I did once also have a soft toy that I used to explore a bit more depth. It was a Doc Johnson crystal jellies 18" double dong with a 5.5" circumference. I could take it to about 12".

Now looking at the BD toys, I am assuming I could handle something like a large Razor or Cole in firm as based on the knot being at about 6 to 6.5" in depth. But going softer in firmness is where I become less certain. Given my experience with the double dong, I would imagine if I went to a soft toy I could handle something with the knot being at a greater depth, like say the large Rex, where the 9.5" circumference knot is at a depth of about 8.5". But I've also read that oval shapes are easier to take than perfectly round objects, so I'm curious if taking a soft firmness oval knot with a 10" circumference would be as satisfying as taking a rigid, perfectly round butt plug with a 10" circumference? What about medium firmess?

2. Baldrick

Baldrick Member

Well it turns out I've sort of been able to answer my own question. I ended up buying a large firm Razor on here and I was able to pick it up from the post office today.

My first impression was even as a firm it was a bit more flexible than I had anticipated. Not as soft as the double dong I once owned, I would imagine that would be close in comparison to a medium firmness. I was still uncertain about taking the knot at that depth, the know was at a very similar point to that of the 3rd bump on the B-10 tango that I could not take successfully. My expectation was that it would take some work as I had not been doing much play lately. Like probably 3 months since I'd taken more than 9" circumference. After cleaning/boiling the Razor, cleaning myself out and doing a bit of warm-up I decided to give it a try and just ride it for now and see how it feels. Taking the shaft to the sigmoid wasn't an issue, and I started feeling it right at the top of the knot. I worked that area for a while, ended up sort of sitting on the toy a bit and relaxing. I pushed down on the knot a few times and noticed it had some give to it, as though taking the knot might not take as much work as I expected. With a bit of up and down and some more relaxation I ended up taking the knot. Very different feeling to a butt plug, but I've never stretched while having something enter my sigmoid at the same time. For whatever reason taking the knot a second time took a bit of work again, but after that it wasn't much of a problem. Much easier than I had expected, but still a great feeling.

So to summarize, taking 10.25" of firm silicone knot is quite different than taking a butt plug of a similar diameter and significantly different than taking a very stiff toy like the B-10 Tango that explores both size and depth.

What I look for next certainly becomes a difficult decision. I'm thinking medium firmness XL Terra, Nova, Ridley, Glyph,Tucker or possibly a Large Stan. XL Cole and Dexter are probably well out of my realistic range any time soon.