1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Crackers/Pearlescent-Silver Dazzle Questions?

Discussion in 'General Toy Discussions and pictures' started by KnkKitten, May 5, 2020.

1. KnkKitten

KnkKitten Member

I'm interested in getting a crackers, and I'm torn between a small and a medium, I heard that crackers has a "printer texture" which I'm not sure what that means... However, I've heard it can rub you raw, which isn't pleasant in my opinion. I heard it's most prominent in small and large, kinda there in a medium, and not present in xl and mini.

I also notice a distinct difference in appearance between the small and the medium on the bad dragon website, can anyone tell me if a small and a medium do look that different in person?

Also, I'm wanting the toy to look like a sky, so I'm debating about adding shimmer, I'm not partial to metallic, so pearlescent or silver dazzle to add a sparkle effect perhaps like stars. I'd like examples of these affects on different colors as I hear it can modify the colors. I'm mostly looking at black, indigo, and neon green.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  2. Feverdream

Feverdream Well-Known Member

I have a medium Crackers. It does have a pebbly texture (tiny bumps) as part of the design. It's one of the more textured toys, even though there are no really big bumps or scales. When people talk about "printer texture" I don't really see it - either I don't know what to look for, or medium doesn't have it. However, it's not a glassy smooth toy like some others (Axel is glassy smooth like that). Crackers is a bit of a "rough ride" but sometimes I want that.

If you want a smoother toy that's sort of similar to Crackers, check out Axel, Nox, or Echo which all have a "swell" or bulge shape similar to Crackers. Of those, only Nox can come with a suction cup, if that matters to you.

If you want a toy with the rad bend that Crackers has, check out Scorn (it's bumpy though) or Zaratan (it's smooth except the head). Possibly Nocturne.