1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Custom orders still open, 5 days later...

Discussion in 'General Toy Discussions and pictures' started by Feverdream, Oct 12, 2023.

1. Feverdream

Feverdream Well-Known Member

Custom orders opened up on Friday Oct 6th, now it's Wed. Oct 11 and the order queue still isn't full. It's at 90% full and has been like that for most of the day.

It wasn't all that long ago that the custom queue would be filled up on the same day... in about 5-7 hours they would stop taking orders. Maybe that was during the pandemic when people were hibernating more?

I wonder if BD has reached a saturation point where customers have already ordered most of the toys they want. Or was BD trendy for a while, and no longer trendy. Or is it a seasonal thing... maybe people are waiting for the Black Friday sale coming up in about a month?

2. Kyle9932

Kyle9932 Dragon Addict

I know for me, I had custom ordered a few months back, but have not really seen any toys that really call to me lately. I think the last one I went out of my way to buy was Tempest, and that was more of an impulse buy.

I don't know how others feel, but I have been recently saving up to buy some other toys from different makes just because nothing has really called out to me from BD. Even now the queue is still at 99%

Feverdream likes this.
  3. SmolKobald

SmolKobald Your local lil' dargon

I kind of assumed that it was just a matter of them taking more custom orders lately since its been a while since the pandemic. I feel like if they were getting a significant amount fewer custom orders than before to the point that it makes the customs period around 5 times longer, they would've opened customs up permanently like the pre-pandemic.

Also, i agree with the new models being a bit of a let down, The only one I think I might be interested in is Slater, but even then I'd rather buy older models I don't have yet/haven't tried. I feel like most of the newer designs are too boring or too pointy. The new Kaiju design, Abyss, I just can't see being better than Zaratan, that was a far more interesting Kaiju model IMO. Marcel is an exception though I like his design.

Feverdream likes this.