1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Debates Rules

Discussion in 'Debates' started by BDCA, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDCA

BDCA The Tallest Staff Member

Debates can be controversial and often sensitive subjects. With that in mind this forum will carry the provision that if participating in a debate or forum game you will be required to follow these simple rules:
    • Keep it civil
    • Do not be disrespectful
    • No not engage in any personal attacks
    • Do not be abusive
    Use common sense and think about what your posting. If things are getting hot or tense, take a breather, come back and write a solid reply, not an in-the-heat comment which may break any of the above rules.

Anyone breaking the rules will be given friendly warnings, consistent breaking of the rules will result in access to the debates and forum games forum being removed.

Hostile threads judged to be a "lost cause" will be either locked or deleted accordingly.

((Edited/Updated by DameKathryn))

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
  2. Dr. Tran

Dr. Tran Active Member

Question: is Nudity allowed to be posted in this subforum, like in the games we play, or is this a SFW forum?

2: for the debate part. this is a list of common logical Fallacies.
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/
    Know these, don't use them and call out people who do. Help keep debating intelligent and civil, and not have it turn into facebook.

Ajax likes this.
  3. vahaala

vahaala Nobody wants him, he just stares at the world...

Very intelligent and useful, thank you.
    And I'm wondering... What's your opinion on current Middle East situation? We keep being kinda blinded by media, while the real war happens kinda behind our backs.

4. Dr. Tran

Dr. Tran Active Member

I have not been keeping up on it, So I have no real data on the subject. what I do know is that it seems to be a continuation of an old land feud based in religious reasons. All I can really say is I'm not surprised when they start attacking each other.

5. Kaiyodei

Kaiyodei vaguely coherent

how is it, that the forum games will not drownd out debates? sure it ballances fun and serious, but I've seen forum games sections drowned in spammy ness. considering how thy can go. like "hurt and heal" games. If you make a hurt and heal for BD characters, someone is going to want to make one for Game of Thrones, and then someone with Nintendo characters.
    and then word associations, continue the story, vending machine game and so on.

6. DameKathryn

DameKathryn Well-Known Member

Additionally, I think we need to stay away from games where the whole point is to count to a certain number or have the most posts in a given time.

7. uk2008

uk2008 Guest

can you sticky this so it stays at top of discussion page :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.