1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

FNAF Theory

Discussion in 'Fandom Stuff' started by Misskin, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

Okay I know this counts as a video game and could possibly go in the Video Game Thread, but this subject would completely clog it and possibly irritate people who don't care about it or are tired of seeing it XD
    EDIT: Could this thread be moved to Fandom, that makes more sense DX

SO, youz gaiz. I have so many mixed up thoughts about whats really going on in this game. For one thing, very very very few things in this game are 100% confirmed. Every piece of the storyline that we accept as facts hinges on making assumptions based on varying degrees of "hard" evidence. Here are some prime examples:
    * The death mini game in FNAF 2 with Foxy. We assume that the smiling purple man killed those children
    * It is assumed that the there is only one Purple Man and that he is the only one committing the murders
    * The bodies of the children were never found, but we assume they were stuffed in the suits, but its never CONFIRMED (not to mention that seems like a really dumb place to hide bodies)
    * It is assumed in FNAF 2 that the suit the Phone Guy mentioned in his call is the Golden Freddy suit when in reality it could be an unknown one (or even an empty Chica)

I get that when telling a story you shouldn't have to spell out every detail, but practically no theory can stand firmly because of all the assumptions that have to be made about the things that go in the game. With that said though, I would like to throw out some anyway

Bite of '87
    If it was Freddy, then it did not happen to a child, it was staff or a parent. If you look at the bloody handprints on Freddy's Face, they are absolutely not child sized. The animatronics are pretty large and a kid's print would be very tiny. I have reason to believe that i prit probably happened to an employee because there were no news clippings about the bite which there maybe would've been if a customer had been bitten. Also in FNAF 1 on Night 1, Phone Guy specifically says that the company is not responsible for death or injuries and has no qualms about cleaning up evidence of such.

Phone Guy is the CEO of Fazbear Entertainment
    Phone Guy says in FNAF1 on night 1: "these characters hold a special place in the hearts of children and we need to show them a little respect"
    CEO newspaper quote: "These characters will live on. In the hearts of kids, these characters will live on"
    The evidence is weak, however it would explain some of the strange ways Phone Guy refers to himself and the company, sometimes saying "the staff" like hes on the outside but then saying "we haven't found a replacement" like he's part of the company. something else to think about is no one in their right mind would try to convince you to stay and work there if they didn't have some serious stake in the company.

FNAF 1 maybe happens before FNAF 2
    I always thought FNAF 2 was before FNAF 1, but this small bit of text really bothers me.
    Phone Guy say in FNAF 2 on night 1 "something else worth mentioning is kind of the modern design of the building. You may have noticed there are no doors for you to close, heh. But hey, you have a light! And even though your flashlight can run out of power, the building cannot. So, don't worry about the place going dark" if FNAF 2 truly comes before FNAF 1, then how is Phone Guy comparing two buildings when one of them doesn't exist yet? Also,
    the check given in FNAF 1 purposely has no year. Most theories rely on calculating minimum wage to determine the year, but that isn't 100% reliable. Maybe FNAF 1 is an earlier location, possibly the one "left to rot" as mentioned by Phone Guy on night 1 in FNAF 2

--Inconsistences in the game
    *in FNAF 2, Phone Guy says that the bots can NOW walk around during the day. If thats true then why in the mini game Take Cake to Children, which is considered by most theories to be a scene from the very first location, is Freddy walking around
    *on night 4 in FNAF 1 Phone Guy says "I may not be around to send you a message tomorrow" "It's been a bad night for me". At what time is he making these statements? If hes making and leaving you these recordings the SAME day BEFORE your night shift then how is he "having a bad NIGHT" while from the sound of the recording getting killed by the bots in the office? You can't both be working the night shift
    *Why does phone guy say hes always wondered whats inside the heads in the back if he told you earlier that the suits are full of wires and cross beams

--Baseless and Wild speculations
    *night 5 recording in FNAF 1 is Phone Guy speaking as a bot
    *The guards that were fired for "Odor" died on their shifts
    *One or more of the bots killed the children- Posted Rule on the wall in FNAF 1 : "Leave before dark". It can get dark by 5pm, so what are the business hours at the pizzeria? Did some kids somehow stay after dark and get caught by the bots?

--Curious things
    *Why does Phone Guy say Hello Hello every time before he starts speaking.
    *Why do the colors of the checks change
    *If FNAF 1 is supposed to be the new location with a smaller budget then why is it so dirty and old looking
    *Why don't the rules on the wall in FNAF 1 say not to touch any of the bots, instead of just Freddy.
    *Why does another rule say to "Stay close to mom" rather than "your parents"

What do ya'll think??

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    Compsense and Chelseapolitan like this.
  2. Compsense

Compsense :3c

I'm kinda sleepy and it's been a little while since I played the FNAF games, but I was pretty interested in the backstory and theories surrounding it at the time. Also I feel bad because this thread has received no love ;^;
    That's what I initially thought too, and there's still debate over it since, like you said, so much of the plot and backstory is left to speculation. I believe phone guy is referring to something different than the building in FNAF 1 for a few reasons - and chances are you're already aware of all this. There's the check in FNAF2, of course, dating November 1987. After completing night 6, the newspaper clipping shown behind Jeremy's overtime check indicates the pizzeria is closing, with plans to "reopen someday, even if it is with a much smaller budget," whereas a power meter due to a low budget is one of the mechanics in FNAF1, and that the "new animatronics [are being] scrapped. . .however the original characters are being kept." In FNAF 1, phone guy refers back to the bite of '87, suggesting the events taking place in FNAF1 take place in a later year - presumably the planned reopening mentioned in the FNAF2 newspaper clipping. Oh, and phone guy dies in FNAF1 during the night 4 phone call, but is alive and well in FNAF2.

All that said, I believe - and this is largely speculation - that there was a first location that opened prior to 1987 with a modest budget, that ended up closing down for some reason, and that it was this first location that the phone guy is referring to. The pizzeria reopened in 1987, where the second game takes place, but closed on account of the animatronics acting up and the "bite of '87", before ultimately opening once again in the future with a lower budget (FNAF1).

I like that idea.

Misskin likes this.