1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Forum Name Change

Discussion in 'Resolved Suggestions' started by Black-Cat, Aug 7, 2014.

?

Name Change

1. Yay

90.0%
  2. Nay

10.0%
  1. Black-Cat

Black-Cat Old BD Lurker

In the light of the Bad Dragon forums not closing (despite all the bullshit and condescending Varka's doing), something came into mind: who's to say Varka won't get a tantrum and slap these forums with a Cease and Desist letter because it has "Bad Dragon's name on it"?

So I was thinking we should probably change the name to avoid that, what do y'all think?

CactusWren and StarLuck like this.
  2. StarLuck

StarLuck Member

I agree, Black-Cat. I was worrying about that last night, so I'm glad you said something.

That said I don't have any actual suggestions yet..

3. Exeter

Exeter Cuddly, Snuggly, Slutty Dragon

There's no money in this and we're an open community of fans and enthusiasts. We're not affiliated in any way and at the very least it should say that on the forums somewhere. I think it's enough to cover our butts. They were encouraging us to GTFO and find a new community not two days ago, I doubt they'll be upset that we are doing okay on our own.

4. CactusWren

CactusWren The Pixel Frog Maker

Even if there's no money in this, we're an open community and we do have a disclaimer that says we're not affiliated with them I still feel we should change the forum's name. Bad Dragon is rapidly becoming something that many people do not want to be supporting right now and I feel a name change would do us some good to separate us from them.

5. Exeter

Exeter Cuddly, Snuggly, Slutty Dragon

At the end of the day I like the company and the products and have no personal qualms so far with anything I've read. See my post in What is On Your Mind? for my explanation. I'd rather be recognized for what we are and why we're here than have any other name at the top of the page. The very fact that I can't even think of a reasonable suggestion tells me I'm on the right track. Let's not be ashamed of why we're here. I say embrace it, and be the Bad Dragon Community we are meant to be. With Blackjack, and Hookers.

6. BDCA

BDCA The Tallest Staff Member

As and if the name becomes an issue we'll talk about changing it :)