1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Health and bodies and food and everything.

Discussion in 'Debates' started by YogSothoth, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Poster Nutbag

Poster Nutbag Prefers the company of snakes over bees

Well, in not an expert, but beans (Kidney, Garbonzo, Romano), are full of both protein and fibre, so they keep you really full. I'm a vegetarian, so they are an absolute staple in my diet. They are, however, rather carb heavy, so I'm unsure how effective they would be in a diet intended to lose fat.

2. motrax

motrax Member

You can't outlogic some problems, else I wouldn't have a lot of issues. Pure habit might be a better approach.

They are but they aren't a complete source of protein unless you mix them with another carb heavy food like rice. Else, I wouldn't be too concerned, but a diet of mostly rice and beans are great at keeping weight constant (not to mention tasty) but bad for losing. I was told go tofu, egg or meat. Two of three are generally too expensive so eggs it is.

3. Poster Nutbag

Poster Nutbag Prefers the company of snakes over bees

Protein completeness is a confusing subject, and it doesn't seem to help that theres a huge amount oversimplification and misinformation involved with it.

[After reading this, it comes off as preachy. This was not the intention. Just an observation about how people see thing]

People always adhere to the "Meat is complete, Vegetables are incomplete," yet Broccoli, Chickpeas, Soy and many other vegetable sources have all essential amino acids in good enough proportions to be considered complete, and most popular cuts of beef, which everyone assumes is the holy grail of completeness, lack adequate amounts of tryptophan to be considered complete (from the info I gathered, most cuts don't have enough tryptophan, but blade steak in particular is an exception). Admittedly though, Pork and Chicken are more complete than all vegetable sources than I'm aware of.

Bah, I'm done babbling though, nutrition is a ridiculously complex subject.

4. motrax

motrax Member

Yea it is complex I'm sure people that even study nutrition have different views. Supposedly egg is the protein all others are judged on.

Anyway, I found something on fixing those nasty sulfurous eggs. Curry powder's pretty strong and does a good job(would also be nice for a chickpea curry).