1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Help! Spots on my toy

Discussion in 'Help, Questions and How-To's' started by Rev, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Rev

Rev Active Member

[​IMG]

Just posted this on reddit as well, but I thought it helpful to cast a wide net.
    I just found these small white spots on two of my toys. Can't really seem to rub them off, so I my fear is it's mold. Please don't let it be mold? I always clean my toys immediately after use. Ive been toying for over a decade now and have never had this happen before.

Anyone knows what this is and if so how to get rid of it?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  2. SneksToys

SneksToys Active Member

I would contact BD asap. They're in the process of moving workshops right now so it'll take time for them to answer.

Untill then, wrap up the affected toys and keep them seperate from the rest.

3. Rev

Rev Active Member

That's a great idea, thanx, will contact them asap!

4. Rev

Rev Active Member

Tiny update: trying to clean of the spots with warm water and soap doesn't do much. They seem to be minuscule holes of sorts near the surface of the silicone. Reminds me of pictures I've seen of silicone pours that haven't been degassed properly:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  5. grigori

grigori Active Member

Any updates on the root of the problem? It is always good to be aware of possible issues..

6. Rev

Rev Active Member

Only BD's customer service got back to me. They couldn't tell for sure what was going on, but it could have been some sort of reaction with an "incompatible substance" and they recommended not using the toy anymore.

I was able to get some privacy the day after I received that message though and was able to boil them; the spots have cleared completely and haven't returned. So I honestly have no clue! The strange pores in the silicone have either gone or are simple not visible anymore, and there's no strange smell or feel to them so I'm just gonna see if this will change over the coming weeks.

grigori likes this.