1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

How to Properly Knot Your Knotted Toys

Discussion in 'Help, Questions and How-To's' started by Velixer, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Velixer

Velixer The Musical Draconic Muse

Figured I'd bust this section's cherry by making this thread.

Here's where those new to knotted toys can look to for advice on knotting there feral beasts.

Feel free for anyone to add in their two cents worth ^.=.^

2. MurphyAlter

MurphyAlter The Floofiest

So... how DOES one knot a toy?

3. Jaaska

Jaaska Active Member

Clench your teeth and sit on it x3

To make it reaallly simple, you want to slowly work the knot partially in and out a few times before taking it fully, so as to avoid unwanted pain or injuries.
    Accordingly, you should try to knot a toy whose knot is within your global comfort zone (ie you can take a dildo roughly the size of the knot).

And as usual... LUBE ! LUBE EVERYWHERE !

4. Velixer

Velixer The Musical Draconic Muse

Cannot agree more with this here.
    Slow and steady is always the best policy when it comes to trying to knot your toys

AND GOD YES LUBE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!

5. RenascentBeing

RenascentBeing Member

And if you have a vagina, make sure you have one or two orgasms under your belt, then slowly grind on the knot while you keep using a vibe. Helps relax the bits and all.

Xochiquetzal likes this.
  6. Vitani

Vitani Tertiary antagonist

Personally, I find that after I orgasm, I actually get tighter (vaginally). So if I plan to knot anything at all, It has to be before I orgasm. I mean, granted there's still that pinching pain, and I normally have to wait 5 - 10 minutes AFTER I orgasm to take anything out because it's so tight. x.X

Bun and ObeyTheSnarf like this.
  7. comatosekitty

comatosekitty Member

I would say definitely use tons of lube and take time. Don't just shove it in. I find sitting on it in a cowgirl position while spreading myself helps a lot.

8. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Lots of lube, patience, and distraction. I'm in the same boat as Vitani, where I get tight after having an orgasm. I have a pocket rocket (cheap-o plastic vibe that runs off a single AA battery) that helps with clit stim for that last moment before I take it. I tend to get frustrated if I'm thinking too hard about taking it (thus tensing up), which is why I recommend distraction.

I like knots, but my body isn't a super huge fan of them. I tend to be sore for days afterwards, no matter how much I prepare for it >___>

9. Coffeemuck

Coffeemuck Lurkiest of lurkers

Just relax and sit on it~ Down until there's some discomfort, then stop and slowly back out and then try again. You should be able to get further and further with each try. Some wiggle left to right and turning can also help depending on the toy's shape as well, to help you get comfortable with the size.

10. Sheyla

Sheyla Active Member

For me any toy that has a knot big enough to be challenging also has a shaft so long I can't reach it in most cases. Otherwise slow relaxing, lots of lube and just sitting on it while you slowly stretch out.

Making sure you can take a toy as big as the knot or slightly bigger is a good idea. Don't be impatient =D

For me, I can usually only get off once in a session anyway, and tighten up enough that pulling out the toy can be uncomfortable. So that definitely waits until the end.

11. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf lmnop

Pop it lock it and drill it? No that's not right... Hmm

Teh Wolf105, kittyboy624 and Jaaska like this.
  12. PrincessGustopher

PrincessGustopher The Fluffiest Fluff Butt

Bit the pillow and go in dry.

Kidding seriously don't do that you don't wanna have to sit on an ice pack for a few days. That's not fun at all.

Just take things slow and easy. Always make sure there is enough lube. A little wiggle action deffo helps at that last little bit to pop it in.

13. Snærhjarta

Snærhjarta Well-Known Member

Stretching. And by stretching I don't mean just putting a few fingers up there before knotting a toy. I mean using something like a tailstretcher to slowly stretch yourself for a few days.

14. bronson_twist

bronson_twist Silicon connoisseur!

Slow and steady, lots of lube and don't force it. If the knot isn't round (eg razor) I also find that working one side of the knot in then the other works well too

15. FedJack

FedJack Member

This ^, also I find kind of lightly bouncing on the knot works pretty well too.

16. Lunabelle

Lunabelle Member

I soak my big knotted toys in a sink/tub of warm water. Warm toys go in so much easier for me. I don't always orgasm first, but at least make sure I am thoroughly aroused...foreplay makes everything better. Also, different toys work better in different positions. If your approach isn't working, change things up and see what happens.

17. Xochiquetzal

Xochiquetzal Active Member

I hacve a question, I hope somebody can help me with that.

The thing is I have a Kage but I can not take the knot, I have tried to do it while I am very aroused, relaxed, lubed and feeling no discomfort from penetration, but when I try to take the knot I feel like it bumps into my pelvic bone and it hurts. Is that sensation normal for beginners? Or does it means that I won't be able to use it due to my anatomy?