1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Love songs from your life

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Exeter, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Exeter

Exeter Cuddly, Snuggly, Slutty Dragon

So I've collected a few love songs over the years from different lovers, they're always on my mind and I thought I'd share them, and maybe start a little activity. Tell us something about the circumstance that made the song relevant ^^

A girl I knew online fell in love with me. I fell in love with her. This song expressed a level of connection she felt, but I didn't. The song was always beautiful. But it was relevant when I met my boyfriend. Suddenly, we're driving up to his house on one of our first dates, and I play this explaining it was given to me by another person years earlier. Suddenly, every line was written about us. He was crying. I knew I had picked the right guy :)

I met a guy online, and we spent a number of hours just talking over skype. It was the most fun, succesful free-form conversation I'd ever had with someone. I had never been so comfortable or laughed so hard. We became fast friends and he sent me this when he felt particularly attached to him. He's amazing and I can't wait to meet him some day. He's in California and we laugh so much when we talk, this tenderness was a side I hadn't seen in him til he showed me this wonderful performance.

I went on a date with a guy to try things out for a threesome we were planning. We had a wonderful night, we had great sex in my bed, we held each other for hours naked, we kissed like lovers, we both talked about how strange it was that the L-word was already on the tips of our tongues after only a few hours together. After dinner, we started sharing music. His death metal and screaming rock wasn't my thing. But this song was. He suggested it as his favourite love song. I love this song so much, I listen to it all the time.

2. Reptile

Reptile Semi-Professional Butthole Spelunker

This song describes sex life to a t.

3. Reptile

Reptile Semi-Professional Butthole Spelunker

Sorry for murdering your thread, buddy.

4. Blinding

Blinding Well-Known Member

Incredibly embarrassing, but this is the first song I've attached to loving someone. I was like 12 at the time tho, so I guess it's not that surprising.

Not a traditional love song, but this one quickly became associated with my previous relationship when shit started going south, and ironically was a song both of us heavily enjoyed.

And currently I've associated these two with my crush.

Exeter likes this.
  5. Ajax

Ajax Guest

Those are some good songs, Blinding. I especially have always liked First Day of My Life. This thread caught my attention. There's one I always kind of associated with someone in particular from my past and I always kept hope it'd someday work out but... I'll be damned now if I waste another day wishing over them. So this song was kind of my song for when I realized I needed to be done with all of that, though I appreciated the time I had knowing him as a good friend.

Exeter likes this.
  6. Vitani

Vitani Tertiary antagonist

My boyfriend gave me this song and said it was our song.
    Listening to the lyrics, and it becomes apparent why. It's super accurate, I deal with a lot of anxiety, and proving my self worth but my boyfriend is always super understanding and supportive of me.

Also it's a punk love song....and thats the best kind of love song!

7. Abylgan

Abylgan Enigma

These are a few of the ones I've connected with the most. Not really sure why for the first two, it just fits me I guess.

This one, though, is like the ultimate love song for me. Just... damn! Gets me every time.

Edit: This one isn't a love song so much, but it does fit well for how my last serious relationship ended out. Plus, it's just a really good song.

Ok ok, last one!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  8. Exeter

Thanks for finally giving this thread some life everyone ^^

Abylgan likes this.
  9. Velixer

Velixer The Musical Draconic Muse

Here's my two :3
    I still keep these songs to heart to this day <3

Exeter likes this.
  10. Icestar

Icestar Transformers!

i have Nickelback's Far Away too. but i have quite a few...

Forever and for Always

Wake me Up (when it's all over)

a little cheesy but, Counting Stars

and this has pretty well become our song between me and my boyfriend. we both know it, and i know we will be doing that together when we do.

Exeter and Abylgan like this.
  11. othersounds

othersounds Guest

Almost everything this band has made basically. This song however has these lines that never fail to bring me close to tears. My story is long and complicated and not a happy one.

"I just want you to stick around, stick around long enough to realize that I'm, that I'm worth all of the trouble that I cause because I'm sure that I will fuck this all up somehow so don't let me get away, don't let me get away.
    I think of all those nights alseep in our bed swearing we will always be this close, always be this close, always be this close, always be, always be, always be this close.
    Flesh to flesh heart to heart I will never let this go.
    I will never let this go. I will never let you go. I will...I will..never...let..you go.
    I swear that I would love you forever."

StarLuck and Exeter like this.
  12. Mcsnuffles

Mcsnuffles Member

Alright, I'll pitch a bit of my life story.

About 5 or 6 years ago, I was in a relationship with a girl that ended up being kind of crazy (not in a good way) and screwing with me emotionally at the end. I'm glad I got out of that relationship, but while it lasted, it was the most intense and emotionally and physically fulfilling relationship I've been in. And this was our song. It took a very long time for me to be able to listen to this song without it hurting and without really thinking about her.

Here's another song inspired by a girl that screwed with my emotions, but it was largely due to her not knowing herself and trying to find her way through life. I just ended up taking the brunt of her confusion, so I don't hold any hard feelings toward her. This is one of the many songs that she would have playing as soft background music as we slept. Of the songs, it's the one that has stuck with me the most.

Here's a song that tends to play on repeat for me a lot when I have a crush or I'm first starting to see a girl. I really love this song.

Another song that is more of an all purpose song that plays when I'm feeling those butterflies with someone.

Last on my list is the song that I want to play at my wedding dance, and my groomsmen and I will choreograph a dance while my wife is seated on the dance floor watching.

Exeter likes this.
  13. Poster Nutbag

Poster Nutbag Prefers the company of snakes over bees

A quick examination of my song library has lead me to realize that I don't particularly care for love songs...

The only two that I really listen to with any regularity:

as Trey Anastasio puts it… "Tela is sung by a man who has spent his life deprived of love. He is empty and ignorant of the experience. It is a song that tries to express the feeling of that first rush of emotion: the feeling of one's first contact with love."

And well, on the far opposite end of the spectrum, heres a really weird song that ends up being sort of beautiful in the end… Its oddly poetic despite its subject matter.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    Exeter likes this.
  14. GuyStripes

GuyStripes An automatonic shark pirate

I don't really use this song to try and understand that emotion. This is the song I play when putting my suit on.

15. Keely

Keely The Happy Helpful Husky

This song was the anthem to my first serious relationship. We were in high school and the only lesbian couple we knew and even though we live in a fairly progressive area we and our relationship were looked down on a lot and we experienced a lot of bullying. So this was our song "Run baby run, don't ever look back, they'll tear us apart if you give them the chance, don't sell your heart don't say we're not meant to be, run baby run forever we'll be, you and me".

And then this is the song to my current relationship. My partner and I have been together since the senior year of high school so over three and a half years now. But since I'm going to school and he's working a retail job we're not exactly in a position to live together or anything like that. So yeah.

16. Amberina

Amberina Well-Known Member

17. Exeter

This has been on my mind the last couple days for some reason or another...

18. Wolfcat

Wolfcat Well-Known Member

Not the biggest fan of love songs, but I do appreciate this. From the folk rock band Blackmoore's Night:

The live version has a more forlorn tone to it (which I find suiting.) I do wish the guitar was slightly more prominent, but what can you do with a live recording?

19. Velixer

Velixer The Musical Draconic Muse

So far these two are my current favorites for love songs <3

20. Abylgan

Abylgan Enigma

If, against all odds, I get married at some point - this is the song I want to play during the first dance as a couple.

Exeter likes this.