1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

making silicone things...

Discussion in 'Creatives Forum' started by slick, Apr 13, 2015.

1. SnowLycan

SnowLycan ☆*:.。.Mahou shoujo.。.:*☆

2. slick

slick Active Member

Things don't always go to plan. I made a new thing but managed to destroy the mold after four casts :/ I had been using a new mold release that behaves very differently from the previous brand, something I discovered too late. I think I got all of the last bits of the discombobulated thing out of the mold and if I'm lucky the split will hold together, testing it now. And I just put a big hole in the Cory mold that completely fucked it in an unfixable way. And of course both original casts have broken bits...

DSC_3358[1].jpg DSC_3369[1].jpg

3. SnowLycan

It's all trail and error sweetie. But at least you are noticing quicker than some other store owners.

Also I see a cuttlefish!

4. slick

slick Active Member

yes, you do see a cuttlefish. Her name is Kalypso but . I don't know, just doesn't want to happen. The mould is still usable but the rip has left a nasty scar. Also I'm have issues that may or may not be related to the new release agent, as well as problems that definitely are and others that aren't. The annoying thing is the first one was perfect. This is the one I did tonight, I tried a different pour method that I think helped with the bubbles but not entirely. And the scar.
    DSC_3392[1].jpg

Anyway I think I'm going to re-make the thing altogether, I really like it but there's a few bubble traps and other things that could be improved. At some point I'll take a set of photos with decent lighting but here's a shitty pic of a really nice pair I made for my sister (I also made a new mould of Kalimna and it at least turned out okay).
    DSC_3342[2].jpg

5. slick

slick Active Member

Made a few new things, a new Kalypso and dildo out of a couple of cucumbers, I call it the tickle pickle :D

kalypso2.jpg ticklepickle800.jpg

Exeter and SnowLycan like this.
  6. SnowLycan

Your new products look interesting. Have to say that you are certainly skilled at mixing pretty colour combinations.
    This piece is absolutely gorgeous ----> *

7. slick

slick Active Member

so I might have got a bit carried away...
    DSC_4515aa.jpg

Exeter and SnowLycan like this.