1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Memory Lane

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XaneShadow, Sep 29, 2014.

1. XaneShadow

XaneShadow A silly boy who worries too much.

I wanted to start a thread where we can share/talk about awesome moments throughout our lives. Rather it be something that happened 5 minutes ago or many years ago, we can talk about it. Post pictures as well. Also, keep in mind that this is not involving sexual stuff so NO SEX PICTURES. That's for the Naughty pics/vids thread. This is more about moments in our lives outside of all that stuff.

Since the Holidays are starting to come around, and I have so many pleasant memories with the Holidays, here's a cute picture that reminds me a lot of those memories; taking walks in chilly weather, the excitement for Christmas the music. Also my love for dragons Chirstmas Dragon.jpg (Spiritual and sexual. They are separate. I do not combine the two together)

2. vahaala

vahaala Nobody wants him, he just stares at the world...

My best memory I can think of now, would be fun time spent on holidays, about 2 years ago. Me and 3 friends saved some money, then rented a small house in a village very close to the Baltic sea for two weeks. And we just had fun! No parents hanging over our heads, no neighbours, just pure freedom limited only by money. We did awesome stuff, I loved the paintball session in some sort of ruined hotel we had :3 Too bad weather was not quite good as it should be, but it was enough sunny days to enjoy the sea too.

3. Dracoa

Dracoa Well-Known Member

First, NO! It's too early for Christmas. It's not even Halloween yet.

Second, growing up, I remember my brother, two oldest male cousins, and I were all like brothers (well, we were 2 sets of brothers, but like we were all brothers to each other), and only our oldest female cousin could get into our group, and then she was basically "one of the guys".

I was just talking about this with last (Saturday) night with the two oldest male cousins (family get together after their father's death on Wednesday). In a way, we all get together and it's like we slip back into those old roles. Our little "gang". I miss those days. I would wonder where they went, but I know. Life happened, as it is want to do.

4. Exeter

Exeter Cuddly, Snuggly, Slutty Dragon

I thought I would tell a little story.

Once upon a time, my sister and I were out fishing with my dad. What this means of course, is that my dad was fishing, and we were sitting in the boat, annoyed, wanting to go back to our cottage. The boat was a rusted and leaky pile of junk, the motor was literally in pieces and had no cover on it, and we were being yelled at to be quiet.

My dad got a lure he particularly liked caught in a tree. He growled and roared and approached the shore to try and get it out. It was irretrievable. So he freaked out.

[​IMG]

Then he decided that it was time for us to go back to shore because he was too pissed off. So he started the junk motor, which immediately conked out. After 20 minutes of trying and failing to get it working, he growled and raged and roared some more.

[​IMG]

Then, he pulled out the oars and tried to get them into their pegs. One broke in half when it hit the side of the boat. So he stood up, roared louder, and threw it in the water.

[​IMG]

So he stood up in the boat, and with one oar, paddled us back across the entire lake, roaring and swearing and getting us completely wet in the process.

[​IMG]

Another time, he got a hook caught in his back. Apparently my sister and I were moving about, because all the rest of the lake was aware of was the shouted words, "STOP ROCKING THE FUCKING BOAT."

Another time, he added some gasoline to a pile of leaves to help them burn, one autumn. He got the fire going with the help of a trashcan lid, waving air onto it. I was walking down the hill, away from the fire. What I heard next was a loud roaring WHOOSH and my dad yelling "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I turned around just in time to see a mushroom cloud of burning leaves erupting from the firepit, and my dad rolling on the ground, minus some eyebrow hair.

My dad, ladies and gentlemen.

5. blackpaw

blackpaw Silky smooth paws for sale

Oh my God, that last gif made me laugh so hard! I say, good job, sir!
    [​IMG]

XaneShadow likes this.
  6. Reptile

Reptile Semi-Professional Butthole Spelunker

I found five bucks on the side of the road when I was a boy. I was goddamn rich :cool:

Exeter and XaneShadow like this.
  7. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

I remember a year or so ago on a family trip to Disney World, we were staying in some nice time share type neighborhood place and I woke up one morning and decided to stroll around. I didn't even make it past the parking lot because there were two FUCKING GINORMOURS CRANES
    [​IMG]
    strutting around the foot of the stairs. I'm like WHAT-DA-ACTUAL-FUCK, why are they here lol They seemed pretty chill so I ran back inside and got a pack of crackers, they were brave enough to eat from my hand (those were some damn tall birds)

Reptile, Exeter and Dracoa like this.
  8. Exeter

I recently went for a walk with one of the guys I was planning to sleep with (the skinny local boy) and on our walk, we came across a Great Blue Heron by the river, I got about 30 pictures as I got closer and closer and closer, the Heron just slowly walking up onto a rock to prepare to take off if he needed. He stared me down and just did his thing, I got as close as I felt was reasonable without any sudden movements, and got a really good look at him :)

[​IMG]

Reptile likes this.
  9. Poster Nutbag

Poster Nutbag Prefers the company of snakes over bees

Honorary bird watching thread!

Just kidding... But hey I've manage to spot a Peregrine Falcon, Numerous Herons, Several types of Eagles, and a Pyrrhuloxia (how it found its way to Ontario is beyond me) at my cabin in Lake of the Woods.

There's just an endless supply of memories there... Many experiences with my dad and family similar to Exeters and numerous misadventures with my cousins. I've been absolutely blessed to have a place like it in my life.

Exeter likes this.
  10. Exeter

Share some stories! ^^

My cottage is essential to yearly relaxation. If I don't go even once, the whole year feels wasted. 300428_10150764163410487_2007494_n.jpg

11. Misskin

Boats have never looked so glamorous till now

12. Exeter

DSC_1051.jpg

Vael, Reptile and Misskin like this.
  13. Reptile

Jesus Christ

14. Misskin

Ikr. It looks like a Nat Geo cover

15. Reptile

I'm jealous as hell right now wishing I could take a vacation in a Bob Ross painting.

16. Misskin

Lol
    frolicking among all the "happy little trees"

17. Reptile

Everytime make a typo its seems like someone quotes me before I notice :(

18. Exeter

This is basically what most of Ontario looks like. Lakes and forests :p

19. Misskin