1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Menstrual cups

Discussion in 'Help, Questions and How-To's' started by Snærhjarta, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Snærhjarta

Snærhjarta Well-Known Member

Because many people have many questions. It's quite popular.

Reserved for info

2. Snærhjarta

Reserved for FAQ

3. Keely

Keely The Happy Helpful Husky

I own a small and large Sckoon cup and a large diva cup. I loooooove my sckoon cups and they are the best thing to happen to me shark-week wise ever.

4. Snærhjarta

And I have a question.

I just started using the meluna classic, I got it about a week ago. I have one problem though. I'm not sure it's properly unfolded. It's not round, kinda oval but not really.I think my vaginal walls give it that strange form but it might just not have unfolded. How do I know?

5. Keely

according to what I've heard that's really common and nothing is wrong with your cup :3

6. Snærhjarta

That's good. I guess I'll know for sure tomorrow morning.

7. uk2008

uk2008 Guest

as a guy what the hell do these even look like i only reli know of pads / tampons

kittyboy624 likes this.
  8. Keely

there's this nifty site called google that can tell you all sorts of magical things like this :p

kittyboy624 likes this.
  9. uk2008

uk2008 Guest

yeah but im lazy

kittyboy624 likes this.
  10. Keely

you do realize it took more effort to find this thread and make these posts than it would have to google it :I

kittyboy624 and Ajax like this.
  11. Ajax

Ajax Guest

They look like a little clear silicon cup with a stem at the end. Rather simple. I have the "Diva Cup" as much as I hate that it's called that. >.<
    Anyway, they really come in handy to have in case you don't have access to disposable alternatives, are traveling, or in general want to be eco friendly. It works great as long as you insert it correctly. Sometimes can be annoying when it comes to cleaning and possible messes, but otherwise I give them an A+ and say anyone willing to use one should spend the extra bucks to get one. They save you in the long run!

12. Keely

Yeah, I've long blown past my break-even point and it's made my periods so much better. My cramps are better than they used to be, I can sleep without being terrified of getting TSS, it's helped reduce my dysphoria during my period, my periods are about a full day shorter, and you can change it whenever you want without ripping at the lining of your vagina if the tampon wasn't full enough

Sheyla likes this.
  13. logitech

logitech dis my jam

Being a girl is hard, yo.

At least people are making steps towards making it a bit easier.

14. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

I'm so glad you pointed out sckoon to me, because I don't dig the looks of any of the other cups.
    I love mine so much I actually look forward to my period lol

15. Ajax

Ajax Guest

Being a trans-guy who still gets periods is hard too. xD I feel the feel for anyone that has to deal with periods though, cis, trans, or anything in between.
    Bodies are dumb. -_- It's like punishment for not reproducing, which, imo, there ought to be a reward.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
  16. Sheyla

Sheyla Active Member

I have a diva cup, which is cool. I still have to back it up with a pad sometimes, but it means I can sleep through a heavy night without ruining everything.

17. DameKathryn

DameKathryn Well-Known Member

So what would you all recommend as a good starter cup? I've never used one and they freak me out a bit.

18. Ajax

Ajax Guest

I started out with the Diva Cup and think it is fine as far as a starter goes. There are two models. Model 1 is for people who have never given birth vaginally and Model 2 is for those who have. ^^ I think mine was around $30. They're pretty simple and come with directions. You can find tips and such online as well, of course.

19. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

No need to freak m'dear, they're perfectly lovely devices.
    Look on the left hand side and you'll see an image scroller comparing Sckoon cup to other cups--> Here
    I would recommend sckoon as a starter because its made of really squishy medical grade silicone, has fewer sharp edges and has a nice overall shape than a lot of other cups.

Now despite all the wonderful pluses about cups, I have to inform you that if you aren't completely comfortable with directly touching your lady bits then this is not for you. Its far more important to have a happy comfortable period than to force yourself into something you might not like

Ajax likes this.
  20. DameKathryn

DameKathryn Well-Known Member

I'm quite comfortable with touching my bits ^^' lol
    I've had to fish out enough awkwardly-angled tampons by now >_>'
    And hell, I figure I've had my period for like, 12 years now, might as well try every form of fluid-catching.