1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Micro-Transactions in full price games

Discussion in 'Debates' started by uk2008, Nov 11, 2014.

1. uk2008

uk2008 Guest

2. flapper72

flapper72 Well-Known Member

Per game informer's update:

"To be perfectly clear: Just Cause 3 will be available in 2015 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC," he writes. "It will be distributed as a retail box and digital download. It is not a Free To Play game. It does not feature in-game micro transactions."

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!!
    3iys6.jpg tumblr_n57ju0yM0L1rzs08oo1_r2_500.png caa.jpg

3. uk2008

uk2008 Guest

do you not agree that microtransactions are a waste of space and as stated a way to sorta suck coperate dick while they clear ur wallets

4. flapper72

Oh yeah I hate the entire idea of them especially in games that aren't F2P. They are all just cash grabs and do nothing but demote the franchise being afflicted, Dungeon Keeper for example.

However stuff like what tf2 and dota 2 do imo is fine because it's just hats, and cosmetics. There is no pay to win in those games, unless you play them like "Bartering Economy Simulator 1014 BC" then it's entirely pay to win.

But again they have confirmed that there aren't going to be any in JC3. HYPE TRAIN!!! Although I'm still going to wait for reviews to confirm my hopes that it's better than JC2 and isn't just a lazy, schemey, fanboy raping, project like Far Cry 4, whose title should actually be: "Far Cry 3: In a Different Place"

5. uk2008

uk2008 Guest

Pay to win sucks yeah....

6. uk2008

uk2008 Guest

Have you seen assains Creed unity.... Yay more micro-transactions they were on about this on the co-optional podcast yesterday $99 to buy all in game items + what's the betting that in game difficulty is sqewed so your more likely to need said in game purchase's also another dick move by ubisoft as in there review copy's they made it so that unity wouldn't allow access to the purchases of any pricing

7. flapper72

Yeah what Ubishit has been doing the past while and the incredibly stupid things they've been saying is just ridiculous. $100+ to play a game with all the "fun" "new" weapons? BOY, SIGN ME UP! Again going back to tf2 (because I love it so) the weapons are free there, and if you don't have one you can trade with someone who has the weapons you want, for free. Why is it so hard to not be a slimy, piece of shit, money grubbing, dirt bag, Ubishit? And yeah I wouldn't be surprised if the weapons you could buy are OP as hell.

A really bizarre thing that has been happening to me is that Ubishit and EA haven't released a game that I care about since Mirror's Edge, which is really handy because I'm basically boycotting them in the same way I boycott Blizzard or Sega. Nothing they make interests me.

8. Willow

Willow Slut and proud!

Sometimes I don't get microtransactions. I understand getting weapons, item or armor than you couldn't otherwise get, but buying stuff you ARE able to get without paying. It just seems like you are paying to not play through the game.
    There was this commercial I saw recently (it wasn't really a MT (microtransaction) but a pre-order, but same point) and you could get a "boost to level 90". So... we don't work up through the game. It feels more satsifying and you get more play out of a game to work up to those levels. Ok, maybe some grinding involved...but your skipping the feeling of achievement and playing through it.

I do understand some MT's, like getting extra time to complete a level or mission or some enhancement like that. It gives an edge but it doesn't really cut through playing the game. I've paid money just so I could add some decorative items in a game I play... just cause... I wanted to make it purdy.

9. uk2008

uk2008 Guest

As I think we have both said it's not soo much a problem if the MT are for aesthetics only it's when they cut into the game whether it be for weapons/armor that you cannot get otherwise and usually give you a significant edge over people.
    Boosts are OK too as it's just a way to lower time spent grinding or w/E
    But this whole idea of here pay for a full price game £40 / $60 and then pay us more money to buy more stuff in game that we have allready designed and worked on and are in the game but locked till you give us your soal

10. Dracoa

Dracoa Well-Known Member

Only microtransactions in my opinion should be non-game breaking. Exclusive Outfits, beginner "high" power weapons (as in weapons that at the beginning are great, but you outgrow them in a little bit of time), the like. Like in The Secret World, where I have a Lifetime Membership (before they went FtP, think I paid $200 for it), with the Lifetime Membership I get a number of store currency for free, plus all DLC (including 3 day early access for all "Chapters"), plus 20% off in-game store items (again, items are either one time use, low level/high power weapons, outfits, etc), plus an in-game item that can be used every 16 hours for an hours (that's 1 hour, in which time unless you have quests lined up to turn in, you aren't getting much over all) worth of increased (double, I think) XP.