1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

More mods

Discussion in 'Resolved Suggestions' started by Dr. Tran, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Dr. Tran

Dr. Tran Active Member

I do agree with probably needing a few more mods to keep workload easy. I'm of the opinion that good forums self govern, but occasionally you need someone who can enforce against trouble makers. I have a bit of general Mod experience, and I have no idea how to set up forum options. lol. point is if you want help I'm available.
    Other than the good ideas posted above, I've been pleased with the set up thus far. You're doing a great job.

2. Snærhjarta

Snærhjarta Well-Known Member

A forum doesn't only need mods against trouble makers, a good forum needs mods to help members. They have to be there for the members when they have questions, move threads, remove threads, split topics, merge topics, ban spammers, support the admin(s). With boards like these, you will need active mods with heart for the community.

Ajax likes this.
  3. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

Mods to help and enforce would be an excellent idea! Caring about the community is a good thing, but you can't have mods for just one or both. We'll have to see what the admin thinks when the time comes. :) Though, it would be a pretty decent idea to get some good mods around here to help out so it doesn't suffer the same that BD did.

CactusWren likes this.
  4. DameKathryn

DameKathryn Well-Known Member

This really should be the first order of business....

CactusWren likes this.
  5. CactusWren

CactusWren The Pixel Frog Maker

Indeed, setting up mods and assigning who does what will allow for a division of labor so the admin can work on other things like changing the theme on this forum to something less eye-hurting than brilliant white.

6. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

Yup yup! I am all for a good theme so then it's easier to navigate. I also don't like this font. 3:< I think anything like Times, Georgia, etc are really gross fonts to have anywhere. Learn from BD's mistakes about not having decent mods!

7. Snærhjarta

Mods should be assigned quickly, but not hastily. Nothing is worse than having bad mods, they can ruin a community.

Ajax likes this.
  8. CactusWren

CactusWren The Pixel Frog Maker

Yes, this is an important thing to consider too. As they say, "haste makes waste".

9. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

Very important quote, Cactus. :eek: That, and it doesn't really seem like the community is in need of mods RIGHT this second. Seems like everything is going fine! It's just that down the road mods will definitely be needed. xD I think everyone has learned from the drama over on BD and learned that following the rules is very important.

10. BDCA

BDCA The Tallest Staff Member

I think the fairest way to do this is nominations of other people for mod status. If you think someone else (don't nominate yourself) is a good candidate, give me a private conversation with a quick summary of why you think they would be good.

11. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

Fair 'nough! Gonna start nominations right away. Are we only limited to one nomination? Or can we nominate different people for different needs we think they could fill? :3

DameKathryn likes this.
  12. BDCA

go for it multiple is fine

13. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

Sure! Thank ya. :D I just wasn't sure how many moderators or what kind of jobs you had for moderators around. So I just wanted to make sure before I just started to fire off a ton of ideas and people!

14. Snærhjarta

It's a good way to get an idea of who the members think would be a good moderator, but please consider that this might also be kind of a popularity thing. People with lots of posts being nominated because they are visible, when someone with less posts or less friends might be better suited to be a mod. I think it should ultimately be up to you.

15. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

Hm... Never thought of that either. I guess he can take into consideration the nominations, but also give himself some time to look around the forums and see how those nominees act? As well as people who may have not gotten nominated? If that makes sense at all.

16. Snærhjarta

17. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

Woot! My ideas are working! -Flexes biceps-

18. BDCA

19. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

This might be a "No Duh" statement, but is it unreasonable to include timezones as a minor factor when choosing a mod?
    I like the idea of always having at least one person monitoring/helping/polishing up the site at any given time

Grimmyr, Ajax and DameKathryn like this.
  20. Grimmyr

Grimmyr Skitstövel ー!

I advises Kira because of those reasons! As well as because she has always been super friendly and helpful with everyone. :3c

DameKathryn likes this.