1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by BDCA, May 28, 2018.

1. BDCA

BDCA The Tallest Staff Member

Hi guys,

Due to some unfortunate business with scammers, we will be enforcing a very simple new rule on all trades from now on named the Open Trade Policy.

Its a very simple, yet effective way that any scammers can not multi-sell the same items in private to multiple people.

The Open Trade Policy is that all discussions related to items for sale will be kept in public threads until a deal is finalized. This means, extra picture requests, extra information, price negotiation etc, all of it stays public.

Only after a deal is agreed publicly, will the 2 users go to private to exchange payment/shipping details.

In regards to payment:
    1. Do your homework. Check out the buyer/seller, remember you will be sending money to someone you’ve most likely never met and are unlikely to.
    2. Look at previous posts, profile, feedback. If in doubt walk away.
    3. Get details. Their address and a home phone number as well as a mobile.
    4. If something seems too good to be true, it usually is.
    5. PAY THE PAYPAL FEES. DO NOT SEND AS PAYMENT OWED.
    6. If a seller asks you to send as owed, alarm bells should be ringing. Think of the payment as insurance, if something is wrong, you have backup.
    7. Do not cheap out on P+P, even if you have to add something to the cost. These toys are not cheap, send them tracked and insured.

IF A USER ATTEMPTS TO BUY OR SELL OFF YOU IN PRIVATE WITHOUT AN AGREEMENT MADE IN A PUBLIC THREAD - REPORT THE CONVERSATION. ANY USER ATTEMPTING TO BYPASS THE OPEN TRADE POLICY WILL BE IMMEDIATELY BANNED.

Weisslogia, Lee, Frostypaws and 2 others like this.
  2. Villie

Villie wrow

"
    1. PAY THE PAYPAL FEES. DO NOT SEND AS PAYMENT OWED."
    What does this mean??
    Like if its referring to an invoice, those are safe. Its paying with friends or family that would potentially screw over the seller.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    VenusFlower likes this.
  3. BDCA

BDCA The Tallest Staff Member

Make sure when you send the payment, it is for "Goods or services" and not as a "payment owed" or "friends an family".

4. Zaphora

Zaphora Moderator Staff Member

Yes if you click f&f you may not be able to have to pay the PayPal service fee, but you won't be covered (PayPal protection) so goods and services is highly recommended every single time you have a transaction so if something goes wrong you can have some type of leverage or compensation

5. Villie

Villie wrow

Payment owed makes it sound like you were referring to invoicing which got me confused

6. Slaanesh

Slaanesh Active Member

It should be reworded to goods and services

URL, Villie and FuschiaDragon like this.
  7. Plummbum

Plummbum Member

I agree that the description is a bit ambiguous, especially as paypal can look a bit different in other languages etc. Maybe just state that "Payments should be as payments for goods or services, not as gifts"? For me when I make an invoice I make it a payment request and describe the goods, say "Payment for -toy name- collectible" or whatever and the buyer adds the address in the payment. And when sending a payment don't even see anything that I would translate as "payment owed" on the swedish version of paypal :)

Villie and Slaanesh like this.
  8. Vitani

Vitani Tertiary antagonist

This is why I ALWAYS send out invoices.
    Yeah the fee sucks, but you can adjust the price of your toys for sale to cover that.
    But it's totally worth it because it comes off as more professional, and gives BOTH the seller and buyer protection. n.n

Zaphora likes this.
  9. Zaphora

Definitely ^_^

10. SomeGreyFox

SomeGreyFox Member

Invoices are the way to go, this way all the buyer has to do is pay and it's done. There's no "oh I sent payment, did you send the toy?" a week after you ask for them to send it.

11. edadt

edadt *gasp*

Just a note that there is still this rule:
    DO NOT POST in someone else's thread. Keep conversations to "Conversation" and "Profile Posts"​
    from this pinned post: https://dragon-hoard.com/threads/some-secondhand-rules.169/
    Should be updated then.

I deleted my very first forum post after reading that and moved to a private conversation a couple month ago. Thinking I already violated the law right from the start. ;)

12. Zaphora

Will be edited (only move to pm once agreement of purchase etc. Is made)