1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Newbie to Bad Dragon

Discussion in 'General Toy Discussions and pictures' started by KnottyKinx, Oct 19, 2020.

1. KnottyKinx

KnottyKinx New Member

Hello there!

I am hoping to start a thread for the ones new to Bad Dragon. A place where we can check out recommendations, advice and experience. :D

First I'll start that I've never owned a BD toy and have been trying to 'research' what one to go with.
    Whether I want soft or firm, small or XXL.
    To knot or ..not Knot?
    To try my first with some depth play or take on some stretching/ ridges.

There's so much to learn about and from what I've heard, they offer different experiences.

Please come along and write up your experiences. Did you get one on impulse and was it love at first sight?

Thanks ☺️

Coolgigaman likes this.
  2. Xochiquetzal

Xochiquetzal Active Member

Well, I guess the model woul depend on what do you want to try first, if stretching or deep play. Also will depend on you anatomy, some people can take lenght better, and some girth.

But in general terms I can recommend you to check very carefully the size's chart of every model since every model is different.
    Consider not only lenght and diameter but also circumference and insertable lenght.

They also have a tool to compare toys, you can see it here:
    https://bad-dragon.com/real-size

Also firmness is very important. It will depend on how sensitive is your body to texture and how textured the toy is. For example, I am very sensitive so must of my toys are soft (00-03) and I try to avoid highly textured ones.

KnottyKinx likes this.
  3. thicc-dragon

thicc-dragon New Member

One thing I could recommend is not to bite off more than you can chew. I personally like the Glyph (aka Gryphon) for as a BD introduction. It's got a very gradual taper (good for beginners), but it also has a good knot with enough space below it to enjoy it.

KnottyKinx likes this.
  4. Raiyn

Raiyn New Member

Whereas I am a texture slut and own several highly textured GLASS toys, so I find soft silicone feels like nothing different from toy to toy, I almost always choose the hardest textures available and seek out complicated and unique texture sensations. Firmness is extremely important for the experience! Your desires may vary! For a first toy I would go SMALL, tapered, and medium, with a moderate texture and perhaps more realistic shape and then move from there based on what you were hoping to try... larger and softer, textured and weirder...? A good middle of the road toy will help to guide you and medium silicone and a small size is the most likely to be enjoyable to all. A toy that's too large might be unusable, and while it may please your eye, if it's too huge you will never use it! I have one like that, it's a beauty but I just can't take it without some serious prep work. It actually was my first Bad Dragon toy too. Alas, my eyes were bigger than my stomach.

Coolgigaman likes this.