1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Online dating sites...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BDCA, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Exeter

Exeter Cuddly, Snuggly, Slutty Dragon

More important than the idea that some people can only afford junk food, is the fact that most people have no idea how to eat healthy, at ANY price. Taking control of one's body and health is a monumental task when you have no idea where to start. Garbage food suffices as food because it doesn't take any prior knowledge or personal investment to eat. It doesn't require a skill, experience, or the ability to carefully judge and monitor nutrition.

It's not always that people are lazy. Most people just have no idea where to even begin. Shopping healthy on a budget is hard, but shopping healthy on lots of money is hard too, because EATING and COOKING healthy are challenging goals. I wish my parents knew anything about healthy eating, instead they bounce from fad diet to fad diet and cheat the whole time. I just think about how much food I need to get by. I don't worry about whether or not it's particularly good for me, I'm eating enough variety and enough mass to get by day to day. Learning to eat and live healthy is a huge challenge I want to take on, along with drawing, driving, writing creatively... Some of us just need a push in the right direction. Some of us just need to figure it out.

Grimmyr likes this.
  2. BDCA

BDCA The Tallest Staff Member

Ah yes I guess thats a factor which I didn't consider as I am in the UK.

But lets take for example a family of 3 here. If you wanted to buy 3 TV dinners here, it would be ~£6. ($9) Generally this will have a couple of slices of meat, some potatoes, and 2 steamed mixed veg, and a bit of gravy.

So to make that up in a healthy way.

Whole large chicken (£2)
    A bag of roasting potatoes that will last for 2-3, maybe 4 meals (£2)
    A bag of frozen mixed veg that will also last for a few meals (£1)

So for £5 ($7.50), you have the same meal, but more, for cheaper. Once you've had your slices of chicken for the main meal, you then have leftover chicken that can be used for sandwitches the day after for lunch, or take off the drumsticks and wings and have those as another meal for someone.

You can then boil up the leftovers for stock to make gravy another day.

3. SnowLycan

SnowLycan ☆*:.。.Mahou shoujo.。.:*☆

It's your government that makes it hard for you to get healthy food because they want you to spend your money else where so aka getting into debt. They whack up the price on supposedly fresh food which is clearly all GM grown anyway so people go out and buy the government funded food such as the crap from meat and veg farms they have to get rid of the waste some how and make money.
    Farmers also get paid whether they produce a crop or not but the ones that do succeed will get a bit extra next year while the unsuccessful others will get their money dock which is handed to the successor. Farmers receive no money for the food they grow only the money taken from framers that have failed the government that month.
    I have the occasional fast food now and again but I could never live off it as it will make me ill. Did that at Uni cause unlike the others in my year I was not going to be in debt when I left but now I have bear fat that I can't seem to shift because I don't like exercising on front of others.

4. BDCA

The same, I had a Mcdonnalds the other day as I was desperately hungry and on a long drive home. It's a week later and im still feeling rough in my gut from it.

Can I ask why you don't like exercising in front of others? Is it self consciousness?

If so, I can assure you, if you go to a gym *nobody* will be looking at you or judging you. When I started I was exactly the same, I was so embarrassed at the thought I would struggle with a 20kg bench press, and I did (for those that dont know, 20kg bench press is *just* the bar in a free weight gym).

I had a personal trainer to show me the ropes for a few weeks who really hammered it into me "dont care what others are doing, nobody is watching you, everyone here might be massive and muscular, but they all started somewhere, if anything they will push you further and encourage you"

And he was right, everybody is equal in a gym, you will get more encouragement and support from people in there who want to see you succeed than anywhere else, because everyone there is doing the same, trying to improve themselves.

5. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

@BDCA
    So much truth in that.
    I have extra "cushion" on my arms, thighs and belly that I want to drop and ill be damned if I let gym shyness stand in the way. I wasn't ashamed to gain the weight in public so wheres the sense in being ashamed to lose it in public

Reptile and Grimmyr like this.
  6. MurphyAlter

MurphyAlter The Floofiest

This is why I don't work out at home. I know the people and know they care about what I'm doing.

7. Misskin

I don't care for home exercise either.
    I feel like i do best in group classes at the gym because obviously the instructor knows more than me, keeps the pace and I won't be alone

8. MurphyAlter

MurphyAlter The Floofiest

Yeah, I need the peer pressure.

9. Misskin

Lol. Im more motivated by the toned bootys flouncing around ; 3

10. BDCA

*flex*

Misskin likes this.
  11. YogSothoth

YogSothoth Most definitely a vagina wielder

Maybe this body/health thing could be moved into a new topic?

BDCA likes this.
  12. Misskin

Did anybody carry it over from the old forums?

13. YogSothoth

huh? no? I mean, split this topic into two topics, if possible and wanted by the mods? :)

14. BDCA

Feel free, likewise I don't mind keeping it here!

15. YogSothoth

16. SnowLycan

SnowLycan ☆*:.。.Mahou shoujo.。.:*☆

I'm just nervous around people in general I have created a coping persona to deal with everyday life.
    But when it comes to exercising I freakout even more especially in an enclosed environment. But seeing as my fave exercise was swimming as a child I miss it. I can't enjoy the peace of the water when there are strangers around seeing as I like to float around on my back and then flip my body under the water and swim that way.
    Use to love scaring kids away from my patch of water when I was younger. By swimming fast under the water and grabbing their ankles startling to stay away this is my swimming area. I know it sounds mean but I was young.