1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Otaku's inbound!!

Discussion in 'Fandom Stuff' started by SnowLycan, Dec 11, 2014.

1. SnowLycan

SnowLycan ☆*:.。.Mahou shoujo.。.:*☆

[​IMG]
    That's right my darlings are you an Otaku? *points at you person staring at the screen*
    Then this is the thread for you!

Do you have an anime you want to discuss or give fellow otaku's the heads up about? This is the place.

Read any good mangas lately? Want to tell others about it. This is the place!

Or do you have a collection or a new item your otaku self wants to show off. Then this is your place my friends.

2. SnowLycan

Guess I should start. I have a collection of a 1000+ manga volumes (physical copies)

I have figurines from multiple shows and series. But I have to say my Kamen rider ooo's is on of my fave. Multiple character charms and cute Plushies.

I sadly have to watch all my shows online because I cant stand english dubs most of the time because the voice actors lack the characteristics or emotions from the original japanese voice actor.

One series I have been into and now has its own anime is Garo! Makai Knights go! Pity women can't be Knights.

3. AkaiKitsune

AkaiKitsune Boop

I wouldn't call myself an Otaku, but I do love me some anime.

Last one I watched was Kill La Kill, which has to be one of my all time favorites. I watched every episode over the course of 3 nights. (Psh, who needs sleep...) I really want to get it on DVD, but the prices for them are just insane.

4. SnowLycan

kill la kill is a very artistic anime. I fell in love with the style first rather than the characters because it was the same artist/creator who made Tengen toppa gurren largen.

5. uk2008

uk2008 Guest

Re-post from other thread I haven't been able to get into meny animes but I have watched all of bleach.
    And most of death note (I stopped due to stupid story line b/s)
    Haven't found others I can reli get into though

6. SnowLycan

That's why you watch as many series as you can and make your own opinion up. But make sure you watch a few episodes to get the feel of the show before judging it completely though. Some can have very slow starts but totally awesome from middle to the end.

Also Don't always follow english mainstream animes as you can miss out on real gems.

Although I must admit I haven't really caught up on animes at the minute because late last year all new ones seemed to be very lolicon themed.

Should really go into full otaku mode and chill watching all the latest shows and catching up on "One piece" (I know it's a mainstream one but it's kept going strong
    .)