1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Post Your Drink

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by uk2008, Aug 7, 2014.

1. othersounds

othersounds Guest

I had to buy it. Tastes almost like a strong soda but with a strong and bitter aftertaste.

IMG_1397.JPG

Sheep likes this.
  2. othersounds

othersounds Guest

Finally.

IMG_1404.JPG

Kitsy_The_Fox and Sheep like this.
  3. othersounds

othersounds Guest

Support your local brewery.

IMG_1426.JPG

Serathaiya likes this.
  4. Sheep

Sheep Pluviophile

Successful day warrants giving this thing a shot again. I didn't like it originally, but dark things have grown on me.

A little extra bitter still. Aftertaste reminds me of espresso. Good...good.
    victoryatsea.jpg

5. Serathaiya

Serathaiya Draenei Tail Puller.

Sorachi Ace hop = I hope you like dill pickle. What a mess.

6. Reptile

Reptile Semi-Professional Butthole Spelunker

one of these is mine tmp_7769-0402152104-999472059.jpg

othersounds likes this.
  7. othersounds

othersounds Guest

One for the evening.

IMG_1452.JPG

Kitsy_The_Fox likes this.
  8. Kitsy_The_Fox

Kitsy_The_Fox Noir Fox

Best Porter ever, period. @othersounds That one looks good....never had it....

ALRIGHT! Need help modifying this drink conceptually. Style is savory, egg white is non-negotiable without a proper substitute for consistency's sake.

Egg white
    Savory spirit (Bacon Vodka)
    Sweet Creamy Spirit/ingredient (Rumchata; or something like Baileys Perhaps? Or drop it for a flavored coffee creamer?)
    Burn (Splash of Goldschlager since it pairs with Rumchata. Match accordingly.)

The stuff in Parenthesis is my theorizing, but any proper melding of flavors will do.

Sheep and Compsense like this.
  9. othersounds

othersounds Guest

I don't know if it's available outside of Sweden. But yeah, I'd definitely recommend it.

10. Kitsy_The_Fox

Kitsy_The_Fox Noir Fox

Beer Advocate: "Style: American Stout". How dare you not import it. XD

I kid of course. How was that Toasted Oak IPA? And any suggestions for the cocktail I'm brainstorming (edited the post)?

11. othersounds

othersounds Guest

The Toasted Oak was as I expected. Like a good IPA but with the typical Innis & Gunn flavour blended with it. I'm really crappy at distinguishing flavours but yeah. I gave it a 3,5/5 on Untappd.

Bacon vodka and egg whites? Are you making a liquid vacation breakfast? Would a splash of milk do the trick?

12. Sheep

Sheep Pluviophile

I picked up a case of Not Your Father's Root Beer! but it's not for me. The six pack I've been hoarding is free game now though. :)

13. vahaala

vahaala Nobody wants him, he just stares at the world...

Had this today. Surprisingly strong, even though only 5,2% alcohol volume. But it's good, and quite sweet :3 (according to label : dark, nonfiltered, pasteurized, brewed and sweetened with buckwheat honey, long aged in low temperature)
    ... forgot to upload the file when first writing this. I guess I'm still under the effects of it xD
    20150418_192044.jpg

othersounds likes this.
  14. othersounds

othersounds Guest

Might just be one of the best beers I've ever tasted.

IMG_1468.JPG

15. vahaala

Havin' dis right now. It feels surprisingly light on the tongue, with very little bitterness, and has very interesting citrus taste to it. Overall it's really good, and cheaper than most big brands that taste shitty :p (Also excuse the mess on my desk lol) According to the label it's spiced with oranges and coriander. Fun thing about this beer is that it still had some yeast sediment in it, had to mix it up a bit so it's dispersed within the beer equally.
    20150425_154000.jpg 20150425_154033.jpg

Poster Nutbag and othersounds like this.
  16. Poster Nutbag

Poster Nutbag Prefers the company of snakes over bees

Ooooh, a Belgian White style beer! They're generally flavoured with citrus and coriander, and can be damn refreshing! They aren't my beer of choice, but there's a lot of damn fine ones out there.
    As for the yeast sediment, it just means that it's a bottle fermented beer... Leave it around for a while (weeks, months or even years) and it will continue to ferment, change the taste and heighten the alcohol content! Generally, you try not to disturb the yeast as you poor the beer and leave it in the bottle, but cultural opinion differs on that, and some beers are meant to have it mixed in in one way or another.

17. vahaala

What's funny, I discovered that it's good by kind of accident. Once me and my friends were buying some beers, and noticed this one, then just laughed at it's name (who names the beer "Valkyrie" lol), but after seeing it a few times, I decided to try it just for lulz, and I was amazed by how good it is compared to other popular beers.

18. Poster Nutbag

Poster Nutbag Prefers the company of snakes over bees

Yeah, it's like Shock Top beer over here... It's cheap, and if you like that style, much better than most beers in the price range.

19. othersounds

othersounds Guest

Two hours and 20 minutes left until it's officially spring here in Sweden. Skål.

IMG_1487.JPG

Sheep likes this.
  20. Sheep

Sheep Pluviophile

Friend got me Dragon's Milk for Easter. Have just had the bottles sitting around since then. Haven't had much to drink the past two weeks after the two bottles of wine incident. Haven't been able to actually drink wine since. Anyhow, had a bottle of the beer. Reminded a bit why continuing to just not drink would be better. Prone to over-sharing, thinking my thoughts are profound (they're not), and crying over the broken heart thing from a couple weeks ago.

But Dragon's Milk is nice. Taste buds are suggesting we switch back over to something tasty, but not as heavy. Might have to look for some porters, or step further into the light with some fruity ales. Or work on my tolerance for PBR, so that when I go visit people in Wisconsin I'm not the "asshole hipster that likes craft beers."

slick likes this.