1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Question about BD Cum Lube

Discussion in 'Help, Questions and How-To's' started by LizardsOut, Aug 12, 2020.

1. LizardsOut

LizardsOut Active Member

So Everyone knows that in Bad Dragon Claimed in April that their lube used a different formula without announcing it.
    In a reddit post, The new bottles have codes on the bottom of the bottles and they did away with the xx-xx-xx dates on the top.
    I have a bottle dated made and shipped in March that was EXTREMELY drippy and visibility separated. They were messing with the formula much further back without announcing it and at the very least were adjusting the amount of polyethylene oxide
    (PEO, NOT GLYCOL WHICH IS PEC)

For awhile I was just adding a tablespoon of JLube powder per bottle of screwed up BD white lube and it fixed the problem. For only a few months. I think this is due to Jlube having a 75% dispersing agent which isn't specified what chemical they used.
    Nonetheless, Jlube is still safe.

I been trying to find a cumlube at the quality of BD White without these terrible runny water defects. I wanted to buy SPUNK Hybrid, but it's stated that it is a water and silicone based lube and BD states specifically not to use silicone based lubes as it can damage the toys.

Does anyone have experience with Spunk Hybrid on BD toys to confirm?

I was going to buy the 4 chemicals that make Bad Dragons white lube in bulk and try to recreate it and some of the stuff is actually pretty cool. For Example the oxide...

Probably the coolest thing you'll see, but also the most disturbing thing BD puts in the lube.
    Then you have videos like this which show the polyethylene oxide with a much higher weight than BD Lube.

BD during the time of covid-19 around the earliest I have heard was February was when they changed the lube which caused separation. It was a cost measure and possibly even a lack of Titanium Dioxide and Polyethylene Oxide on the market.
    (at a certain weight which I am trying to determine.)
    If I can determine that last bit, I may be able to mass produce the lube.

2. Feverdream

Feverdream Well-Known Member

Lubes with silicone ingredients may be safe enough to use, if only small amounts are in the formula.

Example: Boy Butter

Ingredients: Partially Hydrogenated Vegetables Oils, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60,Tocoheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenyl Trimethicone

The manufacturer says "100% Silicone Toy Safe"

https://www.boybutter.com/collections/boy-butter-products/products/boy-butter-original-16-oz

The "cone" ingredient is last on the list (ingredients are always listed in the order of most to least).

I've used BB for a while with no issues.

You could try ordering some BD firmness samples and see if there is a bad reaction to Spunk. I'd guess the softer firmnesses are the most likely to react, but that's just a guess.

3. LizardsOut

LizardsOut Active Member

I've read about all other silicone safe lubes and they use alot of different oils claimed as vegetable or just oil, but not described from what source which is sketch. Like what vegetables were used in making the oil? I'm talking down to the literal atoms making up stuff.

I want to create an ALL AROUND use. This includes oral. Meaning I want it to have near NOTHING to do with oils. Bad Dragons lube is complained to having a magnetic taste. Many would say "Ew your drinking lube" but some kinky folks want that. I'm not sure what causes that taste in the white lube which is more commonly used, but what if it's possible to replace that with something else. Maybe food coloring dye and find the chemical react responsible for the bad taste? Maybe thats in place to increase shelf-life, but still.

This is a recipe I have made from reading Jlube recipes. I've refined it over many years on basic measurements.

A lube that I commonly mix up fresh for use is this and I do recommend it. Get a powerade bottle and empty it out to near dry and rinsed out. Put 2-4 tablespoons of Jlube powder in it and cap it.(You can do these in bulk for weeks of play-no-hassle in advance. Just store em away once the powders in.) and then fill with water. Optional for thicker and oral-use lube is to
    (Lot of people hate food use in sex so don't judge, other stuffs in lube above ain't anymore scary.)
    spray extra creamy reddi-whip and fill the bottle 1/2-3/4s of the way to the brim and then fill with REALLY hot water half way, cap and shake, and then fill the rest. You basically get a cum like gloo with lube that tastes like vanilla milkshake syrup but slightly different.

Not sure how vaginal safe that may be, however I've never had any no issues with it.
    Just one problem with that. It goes sour cause its milk. I am looking for something to replicate
    THAT but more safe and better shelf-life.

4. Feverdream

Feverdream Well-Known Member

Anything with sugars in it is not vagina-friendly. Besides added sugars, whipped cream is probably no good for vaginas because of milk sugars.

5. Pinki-Husky

Pinki-Husky Toy Slut