1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Question for Period-Havers!

Discussion in 'Help, Questions and How-To's' started by Bucky'sBestGirl, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Bucky'sBestGirl

Bucky'sBestGirl "Fate, up against your will..." - The Killing Moon

Hey there! I'm mostly looking for a little bit of reassurance that everything is normalish...maybe others have had this issue. My period is really wonky right now...I've been spotting very lightly the past three days, with no actual period showing up, and that's not something I do, like ever. I just...get my period. Nothing hurts, it's just annoying more than anything, but still makes me go WTF is going on. I'm not on BC, though I'm going to try it out next month and gauge how I do (and I fully expect to spot then).
    Now, I DID just have laparoscopic surgery to remove my gallbladder on the 15th and I imagine that such a trauma on the body, however small, would potentially throw my period out of whack....but I never have once spotted in the almost 20 years I've been having periods. Is this a likely side effect of having surgery? When should I be concerned? Should I even BE concerned?
    Thanks for reading!
    (And OMG, I feel so much better!!! No more feeling sick all the time, yay!)

2. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

Do you think you could call your doctor and ask if that's one of the things that can happen after the surgery?
    I would hate to think its a sign something might be wrong from the surgery and doesn't get addressed :x

3. Bucky'sBestGirl

I
    I can, since my insurance includes a 24-hour advice nurse hotline. I'll give it til tomorrow morning (I tend to start in the early a.m.) and I'll call em if I still haven't started (cramps officially announce mine, yay). It shouuuldn't be related past "I put my body thru a trauma", since my gallbladder is definitely not connected to my lady parts, lol, but I'd much rather sit on hold for an hour to talk to a nurse than risk ignoring a possible unforseen complication. Thanks! :3

ObeyTheSnarf and Misskin like this.
  4. Bucky'sBestGirl

Update: Still no actual period, so I called up the advice nurse, and they're gonna forward the info to the OBGYN and see what they say before contacting my surgeon. Thankfully, I have no other issues relating to my surgery/recovery, so it's merely an annoyance at this point. Let's hope it's just my body going a bit funky after the surgery. :3 I'll update further if and as needed!

5. Juliamon

Juliamon Am I a Digimon or am I a Pokemon? It is a mystery.

I would guess the surgery trauma would be the cause. I also never have spotting, with the sole time it happened being when I was recovering from pneumonia. My 100% unprofessional theory is that the body is putting most of its resources into recovery, but the uterus is like "nah dude we REALLY need to shed this junk" so your body is basically having a fight with itself over what it should be doing.
    Best of luck!

Bucky'sBestGirl likes this.
  6. Bucky'sBestGirl

Lol, that makes sense too. I'll keep ya posted!

7. Vitani

Vitani Tertiary antagonist

Uhm.

I have this issue...it started ever since I started taking BC...so I stopped taking it, and the issue is still happening...

I just...spot for like 2 weeks, and have intense mood swings which is very much unlike me.

8. Bucky'sBestGirl

Oh geez! :-( I'm sorry that's happening to you! I hope it resolves itself. I'm gonna be trying a low-dose BC in a month....wish me luck!

9. Bucky'sBestGirl

Update: Got my period for reals this time! I'm still gonna discuss with the OBGYN just in case, but yay (as much as periods are yay, lol). I think you were right @Juliamon and my body was just fighting with itself, lol. Popped a Norco, because well, I have some left! XD

Juliamon likes this.