1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Reborn again

Discussion in 'Introductions and farewells!' started by RenascentBeing, Aug 5, 2014.

1. RenascentBeing

RenascentBeing Member

I just kept my old name and avatar because that's most convenient.

Same old me. Was a little inactive as of late, but man, you don't know you've got 'till it's gone. I'm having a lot more fun with the forums again, getting into the discussions and remembering how awesome this place is. The love never went away.

Saultion likes this.
  2. Black-Cat

Black-Cat Old BD Lurker

Welcome back then! :3

Saultion likes this.
  3. Ajax

Ajax Guest

So far, I'm really having a good time here as well! Good to have you, Renascent! I'm looking forward to getting to know ya and being a part of this new community operated reboot.

Saultion likes this.
  4. Saultion

Saultion Member

Indeed welcome back

5. DameKathryn

DameKathryn Well-Known Member

I totally agree with not knowing what you have till its gone. I think the original forum being threatened has made a lot of people realize for the first time how important it was to them.

Saultion likes this.
  6. Saultion

Saultion Member

I agree but its almost to late now the damage was done.

7. DameKathryn

DameKathryn Well-Known Member

At this point, it like the old forum NEEDS to go because even if they save it there will be so much animosity ...

Saultion likes this.
  8. Saultion

Saultion Member

Very true

9. RenascentBeing

RenascentBeing Member

You know, I wondered about that. Until they brought out a survey with very questionable themes of stricter moderation (and no comment box for clarification/elaboration), and removed the Forum link from the homepage despite having announced a meeting on the future of the forums. You know, just when they gave off signs that they were going to revise things.

That made me think I would probably prefer this forum, even if it will be limited to small core membership. There were also some things that seemed like censorship, such as not being able to edit new posts when that was never a problem before.

It will be pretty hard to redeem that kind of stuff. In the meantime, this forum looks to be a lot more open and free.

DameKathryn likes this.