1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

RPing, Internet Romance and YOU!

Discussion in 'Resolved Suggestions' started by Bluehorizon10, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluehorizon10

Bluehorizon10 Well-Known Member

So I decided to make this thread after years of Rping and spreading the joy as an open forum and guide to making people blush on the other end of their internet connection. (Computer/laptop/Tablet/phone)

When BD was a younger site There was an RP section with many and varied people and that was when I started RPing. Over the years i've learned a certain amount of smoothness and charm which allows me to make other people I enjoy talking with happy in various ways. While i'm not devoid of charm on the physical plain, I do notice that my skill just isn't quite as good in real life as it is in a forum or chat setting like this. I will post a few pointers that have allowed me to better charm/ romance/ and visualize with my partners. Feel free to add on if you also have any experience.

The Basics
    1.) You are typing in English to people who are usually fairly well read. Type in good well rounded English. This will get you far.
    One poor soul typed in "Gangsta" English and was quickly kicked off a whole RP forum. XD XD XD
    2.) Read more books and find various devices used to instill images. Poems, Books, Songs, Movies. Find what moves you and you shall in turn move other people. Remember, you have all the time in the world to come up with fun and interesting diologue.

Here is one Poem I used in a production getting my music degree about lost love.
    THE FOOL BY THE ROADSIDE:
    WHEN all works that have
    From cradle run to grave
    From grave to cradle run instead;
    When thoughts that a fool
    Has wound upon a spool
    Are but loose thread, are but loose thread;

When cradle and spool are past
    And I mere shade at last
    Coagulate of stuff
    Transparent like the wind,
    I think that I may find
    A faithful love, a faithful love.

Basically: When the normal course of things become childish, When you are caught up in pointless thought that doesn't amount to anything.
    When the madness ends and you are on a different plane of existence....may be then...you'll find a faithful love.
    Dramatic right? This moves, why not move other people too? It's a little vague but see the differences in a professionals writing vs your own.

3.) If you are interested in chatting/ RPing with someone, observe what they talk about and why. See what is important to them. Check their profile! It shows that you are in some way genuinely interested in them as a person.
    4.) Most avid RPers write in what are appropriately called "Scenes", if you are just messaging someone and are not in a scene don't attack them with highly aggressive language. What if you walked up to a woman in real life on the street and said. "I wanna fuck your boobs" That would be a problem right?(95% of the time) Start with something relating to the previous tip. Do you like soccer? Do you hike? What BD toys do you have? Because believe it or not, you are forming a trust based relationship.
    5.) Decide if you are RPing as yourself, as a character (like a Fursona) or as anything else and realize that you can only be yourself, but can channel different sides of your personality. My characters are very different in nature, but there are certain things that work for all of them because i'm me. Food being the chief one.
    6.) "Scenes" are usually started after deciding who will meet whom in a designated fantasy world. My personal favorite is a hot spring or bar. Have fun with it! You have the chance to make a fun ideal world to RP in! I can't tell you how many times i'm doing something silly like eating nachos, having chocolate or am even sleeping when my scenes begin.
    7.) Hopefully you are acquainted enough with your partner to know what they or their character is like. Happy/sad/introverted/extroverted/perverted. Take that into account when you talk to them. Think about how you would feel. When my partners and mates are sad or even when my energy is lower. I cuddle! Most people enjoy cuddling whether they realize it or not. In the other direction I' ve had mates pounce on me and I throw them against a couch in return. Go with it.
    8.) If you find that you or your characters are really compatible, propose becoming "Mates". This is a little less serious than a mate ship in real life however that's no excuse to treat your partner like trash. Usually you can feel when your typing buddy and you have some sort of connection. At some point in or out of the scene, type or talk to them about Mateship. There are many levels from Sub/ Dom/ BDSM/ Master/ Pet/ Slave etc. Whatever works in your fantasy.
    9.) Part of the magic of RPing is that you discover things about yourself through exploring others just like a relationship that you can loosely apply to the real world. (I found out i'm a hopeless romantic.)
    10.) Only do it if it's fun! Only do it if it's fun! Only do it if it's fun!

Last bit of advice. I treat my partners like they are royalty. I only want to spread joy and happiness. I would suggest that this be your goal as well.

2. DameKathryn

DameKathryn Well-Known Member

There has been talk of an RP sub-forum, which this would fit into.

I'm going to lock this for now and if/when we get an RP forum, I'll move it an re-open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.