1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

RULES (PLEASE READ)

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by HazetheFox, Jun 15, 2018.

1. HazetheFox

HazetheFox Fox butts Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the secondhand forums!

Before you start posting your toys for sale or buying, you need to read these rules before posting or purchasing. It is important you understand and follow these rules for safe and easy selling and buying processes here on the forums.

1. Posting and Proof of Ownership

If you're posting a WTS (Want to Sell) post, you must post a picture of the toy you're selling, along with a piece of paper with your Dragon Hoard username and the date, to prove ownership of your toys.

A correct one MUST include username and date and year.

An INCORRET one is with just a username.[​IMG]

When posting please DO NOT RESELL TOYS THAT ARE MADE OF PVC OR JELLY MATERIALS....THEY ARE NOT BODY SAFE

All toys sold here Need a timestamp, username and date with year. There will be no exceptions for this. Stock photos and order sheets are not allowed and are not replacements for these. However, if you would like you can supply them to help with the sale of a toy. But, cannot be used as the sole image in your sales post.

Please also include ALL information about your toy! Including, but not limited to: Size, firmness, color, tubes or suction cups. It's important information to the buyer.

When making a thread, Please specify what country you are buying from using the prefix system. Also, state if you are or not willing to ship internationally.

2. Trading

If you are trading make sure to get each other's paypal (if you want to exchange money until toys arrive), and their home address so you can ship the toy to them.

Please state the item you want to trade and what for? (Art, another companies toy, etc.) It will help bring your preferred trader to you!

3. Communicating

If a user is interested in purchasing one or multiple of your toys, start discussing openly in your post and confirm they are going to buy, once decided you are going to sell, you can move to PMs to give information, PayPal addresses, shipping addresses, private information.

Please do not put your personal information out in the public forum space. Use the PM system (also called conversations).

There will be no proxies, or middleman activity allowed. Only you are allowed to sell your own toys. Not for a friend, or anyone else. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Never accept any offer or purchase by a random user that you do not know, this is to protect you from possible scamming.

If you are suspicious of a buyer or seller please let us moderators or admins know right away! We can't help you if you don't say anything. Report suspicious threads, pictures, people & activity.

Do not hijack someone's sales thread to sell your own stuff or derail it with anything off topic. Please make your own sales or discussion thread.

4. Payments

You can use any payment service you'd like, just be aware that some services will not provide protection or have different guidelines, we recommend to use PayPal.

PayPal accounts Must be your own. You cannot be using a friends, boyfriend/girlfriend, spouses, or other family members to conduct business. They have to be verified as well.

Always use a PayPal invoice, this has proven to be the best and safest way to handle payments, whether shipping is included, etc. If someone doesn't send you an invoice, don't send them your money. If someone sends you money outside of an invoice, refund them and send them an invoice. This protects both the buyer and the seller.

When using PayPal there are two options you will be greeted with one is send using Goods and Services, this adds protection to both the seller and buyer in case a conflict happens. The other is Friends and Family, this is used for sending between friends and family, we encourage users here to never use Friends and Family protection does not get added to either party, you will not be able to receive a refund or dispute if something happens or you get scammed. So in summery use the first option.

Basically Goods and Services Only! We are not responsible for the loss of money that may occur if one chooses use "Friends and Family" just to save the seller a few dollars on the fee.

When discribing your toys in a invoice if you half to just put "Sculpture" or something similar. PayPal does not like things of a sexual nature, and it could get your account banned. Also, you are not allowed to make the buyer pay the fees, that's against PayPal TOS. As the seller it's your responsibility.

5. Cleaning

Please properly clean your toys before shipping them out, here is the official Bad Dragon thread for properly cleaning your toys.

No one wants to receive a dirty toy!

https://help.bad-dragon.com/hc/en-us/articles/202198279-The-Do-s-and-Don-ts-of-Toy-Care

Boil it for a few minutes, or use a 10:1 hot water/bleach solution soak for an hour, or both.

6. Shipping

Personal recommendations for packaging are using a ziplock type bag to protect the toy from moisture and anything that could get on the toy in transit, using bubble wrap or packing paper is another way, other options are using clean new trash bags or plastic bags.

After both the seller and buyer have agreed and completed an invoice, if processed on a business day try to ship it out on the same day, if not possible please ship the next business day.

As a seller, please ship your toys in smart and timely manner. Nobody wants to wait 1 or 2 weeks for their toy to be shipped out.

As the seller make sure you get a tracking number to the buyer as soon as you ship out the package.

Shipping can be with any courier you choose. However, you Need to get a tracking number that works. No fake tracking numbers, have either a receipt or actual picture of the box before send off to prove that you indeed ship it. You Need to add tracking info to your paypal transactions to alert the buyer that you have shipped it and so that the buyer can be covered.

Extra Information

Threads will be archived after one month of inactivity as well as threads that mark everything as sold.

We have an archive where you can look up old sales and wanted posts, in case you need to access them for any disputes or problems that arise later.

Summary

When in doubt refer back to these rules, if a user is pressuring you to do something and it's against any of these rules please report it or let a admin or moderator know right away.

This post will be updating constantly, so check back from time to time.

Last updated: May 4, 2020 at 12:13 AM

If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Thank you,

HazetheFox~

Zeke, Captain, Muffy and 4 others like this.
  2. Zaphora

Zaphora Moderator Staff Member

I am gonna recommend that newspaper not be used because the ink will rub off

3. Wolkenstein

Wolkenstein Member

Could you please give me a link to PayPal page where they describe it?

4. Zaphora

I wasn't able to find it either? I have found something in relation to it??? Not sure if I have found it but I'm looking into it...

Attached Files:

5. QuiteMarine

QuiteMarine Member

I cannot find the Goods and Services option on PayPal. I only have the choice between Request (or "Basic Request") and creating an Invoice.

Ist it possible that PayPal changed the terminology or something like that?

6. Zaphora

I'm unsure

7. QuiteMarine

QuiteMarine Member

I figured it out:
    - You can choose between Friends & Family and Goods & Services when you send money
    - You can choose between Basic Request and Invoice when you request money from someone

Fjott, HazetheFox and Zaphora like this.
  8. DogLover27

DogLover27 BD Dong Lover

Can you sell non BD toys here? Like human shaped toys?

9. Zaphora

It depends on the manufacturer...if you want to pm me your item I can tell you if it's okay to sell...

10. Memedoq

Memedoq Member

question! what if you share a paypal account with your partner? Would that be considered using another person's paypal?

11. HazetheFox

If it's a shared partners account then that's fine. :)

12. Memedoq

Memedoq Member

Ok! Thank you for answering :)

HazetheFox likes this.
  13. HazetheFox

Your welcome. :)

14. ScarredDragon

ScarredDragon Well-Known Member

Can we please make it a rule that people who make a post have to actually put an asking price, and not all this “make me an offer” or “pm me for a price”. It’s irritating and wastes time.

15. Zaphora

Yes it should be made public the price your looking to get for example $100.00 or best offer so that would mean that the price is public for everyone to see and if someone tells you to pm them for the price report it please. These are supposed to be public...not personal exchanges...so once deals are made publicly then you may switch to pm to discuss payment details. If you sell the item on another site you should post (sold on another forum) examples like reddit...but everyone should have a base price listed on their toys/items for sale...

16. Feverdream

Feverdream Well-Known Member

Seems like since the new rules were put into place, nobody has been cheated. That's great!

Zaphora and HazetheFox like this.
  17. schlusky

schlusky Active Member

I have a question about the proof picture. does it have to be on a piece of paper? or could i take a picture of it in front of my computer screen with username and date beside it?

just curious because I have no idea where my marker went and I dont want to find it again just for my cat to steal it again. she is kinda a jerk XD

18. Zaphora

Yes we would prefer handwritten proof photos because it's so easy to photoshop now (I have had personal experiences where scammers had used "typed photos"...yes please use handwritten...

19. schlusky

schlusky Active Member

Okay thank you for clarification

Zaphora likes this.
  20. Zaphora

PROO PHOTOS EXAMPLE AND AN INCORRECT EXAMPLE....

This is the correct one MUST include username and date and year
    20190210_154926.jpg

This is an example of a INCORRECT one here with just a username 20190210_154956.jpg

*note i am not selling these....they are for example ONLY....

When posting please DO NOT LIST TOYS THAT ARE MADE OF PVC OR JELLY MATERIALS....THEY ARE NOT BODY SAFE

HazetheFox likes this.