1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

SCAMMER ALERT! 2 FOR ONE SPECIAL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stuck-on-the-knot1, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vixenvega

vixenvega Well-Known Member

Pay them a visit and do...what?

Blytiel, sugardreams and Arumaeruma like this.
  2. cppppppppp

cppppppppp New Member

I'm sorry to hear about the issues everyone has encountered, but what exactly kind of scam are we talking about here? OP's post was a little confusing; OP sent their toy to the buyer's alternate address to bypass Paypal protections? Where was the Chance mailed to?

3. Jay Flynnigan

Jay Flynnigan Member

It ended up not being the same person. But I mainly wanted to ask if they knew what was up. I'm talking with zephora about their situation. Cpppppp, personally they "sold" me a chance toy.

4. Elitistgecko12

Elitistgecko12 Member

They scammed me out of a Cody and almost a phone on Reddit. they went by HPfan85 on there and used this address J.K 150 21ST AVENUE SOUTH Wisc Rapids, WI 54495

EDIT: She gave me this tracking number 9505503699300215924856 because I wasn't going to ship the first package without it. It always just says information available soon

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  5. cppppppppp

cppppppppp New Member

And what was the issue? My understanding is that the scammer sent you OP's Paypal address instead of their own. Is that right?

6. Rottsloan

Rottsloan Monster Men Repository

I think if the information is pooled well enough (and proven accurate! That is the most important part, accuracy of any “doxxing” info so innocent people aren’t harmed), those of you ripped off of substantial amounts should look into getting the law involved, if applicable. If not that, perhaps presenting the Information to all toy trading forums, and people with blogs can formulate buyer beware posts to also put up.

I think some good information to have for that route of things would be commonly used excuses/mannerisms/names/backstories/MO, basically. When the person typically stops responding, if they’re typically “dissatisfied” with a purchase before doing so, and if so what their usual reason is.

Because if the law is too much of a stretch in this case, the best we can do as a community is offer up as much possible information, on all platforms. I’ve heard the moderators of his forum no longer operate, perhaps we could look at potentially creating a small forum specifically for trading with much stricter rules and verifications?

Sorbet, Corbett, HazetheFox and 2 others like this.
  7. Zaphora

Zaphora Moderator Staff Member

I'm so in

HazetheFox and Frostypaws like this.
  8. GammaTheDickNiffler

GammaTheDickNiffler Transmasc, He/Him/His pls

I would also very much be up for a new, more tightly monitored forum <3

Corbett likes this.
  9. Nickooru

Nickooru Seal Maiden

Me too friend lol.

10. IggyZen

IggyZen N/A

Count me in as well, I want to have a safe and happy environment to sell and trade in!

11. Rottsloan

Unfortunately, i wouldn’t be able to make the forum myself. My computer broke a few months ago, which is boooo but I can’t afford a new one at the moment haha. I’d be happy to help moderate though, if one was made. I’m currently in a stay at home situation so I’m pretty much always available.

GammaTheDickNiffler and Zaphora like this.
  12. HazetheFox

HazetheFox Fox butts Staff Member

I'm wondering if I should contact the owner and creator of the website @BDCA and ask him if he could come back and moderate the site, obviously not monitor 24/7 but just a routine check to see how the site is doing. I know he and some of the OG's went off and started the official Telegram group for this website, so that's why he has not been active on the site. Also maybe I'll ask him to appoint new moderators for the site, there were original moderators for this website, but either have moved to the Telegram group or no longer active anymore.

GammaTheDickNiffler likes this.
  13. Feverdream

Feverdream Well-Known Member

Just notify Paypal that there was a problem with that specific transaction. Why would this even need to be explained? You do know that Paypal has your entire transaction history...?

14. stuck-on-the-knot1

stuck-on-the-knot1 Ember

I really wish the Current mod would give seasoned people that are on here alot an active mod title and privileges so maybe we can message them and ask and maybe ask them to block the IP address of the Scammerso they canF off and leave us all alone!

Edit: Welp someone beat me to it! Hehehehe

15. Rottsloan

Honestly I think it’d probably be a good idea, to ask him about what to do, and perhaps about appointing new moderators. I agree that it should be more seasoned members, I’m very new to the fantasy toy scene (not the subject) so I can definitely see wanting to put that kind of trust with people who are well known and level headed about it! I don’t think it’d hurt to try getting in contact at the very least, maybe he’ll either pop in here and there or add a larger moderation team.

16. IggyZen

IggyZen N/A

I know, I've only been around since February, but hell...I wouldn't mind being a moderator. I'm quite level headed. Many have told me that I have leadership qualities. I'm available whenever I'm not working.

17. Lucifelith

Lucifelith Member

Also offering to mod though I haven't been around too long

18. Frostypaws

Frostypaws Active Member

They should open a vote for new mods

19. Zaphora

Zaphora Moderator Staff Member

I have contacted the ones that are still active and awaiting a reply

20. Bun

Bun Glow Goddess

You all know how often I'm on and I have previous forum modding experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.