1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Shipping Help for Overseas Buyers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shelligator, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Shelligator

Shelligator Active Member

Hi guys!

So I'm a South African toyer who knows all too well how hard it is to ship abroad or buy stuff abroad and have it shipped to me. It's very expensive, and you may not be able to buy that awesome Bad Dragon clearance drop because you can't pay all that shipping up front. For me bad dragon shipping comes into 47 dollars!

And it's a lot harder for sellers to ship internationally than locally. I get this. So I think I've found a solution that helps both parties.

It's called Shipito.
    Basically when you sign up, they give you a suite number and address for their storage building in Nevada or California. You then pay the US shipping to send your item there, and they will hold your package 90-180 days for free. They take pictures to prove the item has arrived by them and is in good condition (perfect for buying used items and to prevent fraud). Sure, not everyone wants their courier to know they buy giant dildos, but to me it's a small price to pay for the services offered.

They provide consolidation (packaging multiple packages into one for cheaper shipping), customs forms, express handling, and changing packaging (if the box is too big for the item and makes the shipping more expensive, they can give you a smaller box). They also provide insurance on your items (the courier will probably include that in price anyway).

Then once you are ready to ship, you can pay for the private courier (UPS, DHL, Aramex, Fedex) to come pick up from the warehouse and deliver to you.

Sellers, this takes out the hassle for you and leaves it in the hands of Shipito and the buyer.

Buyers, this means you can buy things without immediately paying for international shipping, and allows you to buy items that otherwise wouldn't ship to you.

All this is free! All you pay for is the shipping. As well as shipitto's handling which at most comes into 13 dollars as far as I can see.

Feel free to take a look for more info https://www.shipito.com.

I highly recommend it. I was sulking this weekend because I couldn't afford any of the toys I wanted from clearance. I couldn't afford to pay for the toy and international shipping all at once. My flatmate and friend told me to use shipito so I could buy it then and pay for international shipping later, he has used it many times and it worked brilliantly. Now I have 180 days to pay for the international shipping. Which is great, all I need is a week or so. ^^ Life saver, and I got a toy I wanted.

Feel free to share your thoughts on it. Sorry for the long post! ^^;

VenusFlower likes this.
  2. VenusFlower

VenusFlower Well-Known Member

You're a life savior Shelligator lol
    Thank you so much for sharing this!!
    I will try to make contact with them to see if they can do some "changes" in the package before shipping.. Because that is probably the main issue for me...taxes
    A Toy that is supposed to be $50 ends up being $340+
    Welp. Still, I don't have much hope with that.. But it doesn't hurt to try.
    I've lost so many pre-mades and flops that were just what I was looking for!

3. the0x

the0x Member

Woah, where do you live that you have 600% taxes?

4. Shelligator

Shipping to South Africa is just very very expensive by private courier. And never ever ship it through usps because then it comes through the South African post office and you will never see it.

5. VenusFlower

Shipping is taxed too. And shipping BD offers cost more than the toy itself

6. the0x

the0x Member

Well that's the case for EU for some smaller toys too. Shipping around $50+ is a norm and it's also taxed, but it's about 23-25% total + ~max 10% duties.

7. VenusFlower

Yeah here is more than 75%.. :(
    So it's impossible to get something from them. Unless I had a friend in the US but gueeess what :')
    Anyway I sent a ticket to Shipito and when they answer I'll let you guys know if they can or can't change the label. Even if they have to put in a new package and see all them dragon dongs.
    I have no shame lmao

8. Shelligator

I hear what you are saying about taxes. :eek: Maybe this will help.
    When my friend got his BD toy in Feb he got slapped with a customs tax of 1000 rand. That was more than half the price of the toy. He phoned customs and they said it was that price because the item was said to be a silicone sculpture on the customs sheet. Apparantly being a sculpture makes it super expensive. He told them it was just a dildo and while the guy had a bit of a giggle, he did say this rectified the issue and my friend only had to pay 300 rand.
    Maybe this is what is happening to you. The customs form may be the issue. Shipito will value the item correctly for you for customs so it wouldnt get a crazy tax. But every country is different.

VenusFlower likes this.
  9. VenusFlower

Ooh boy I wish it was that..! But unfortunately is the value itself, regardless of the item type... :confused:

10. VenusFlower

Okay I talked with Shipito and they don't change the price on the label or hide it..
    Oh well, it's a good service either way, just not in the case I was hoping;
    And again, thank you for sharing about Shipito! :p it'll help with other stuff, including buying here on DH

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018