1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

text colours

Discussion in 'Resolved Suggestions' started by uk2008, Aug 11, 2014.

1. uk2008

uk2008 Guest

as someone that preferes the light theme there is an issue with some text not showing / being simple to read at all on threads ....
    View attachment 1400

2. DameKathryn

DameKathryn Well-Known Member

This isn't a forum suggestion. If you have a problem with someone's text color, you can try talking to them about it or switching to the dark theme, because it's their right to write in whatever color they want.

3. uk2008

uk2008 Guest

My idea was to limit colours that are friendly with all themes asking me to change theme or moderate other users asking for colour changes seem extreme

4. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf lmnop

Also a suggestion, if you highlight the text it will give a contrasting background.

Exeter likes this.
  5. DameKathryn

I don't really like that idea, UK, and also I think it would be difficult considering I, and I assume many other people, type in the BBC code manually rather than choosing it from a box, and disallowing EVERY hex code that looked bad in either color would be... difficult. Unless you were to get rid of the compatibility to code it all together, which wouldn't be very popular, especially considering things like the checklist.

6. Willow

Willow Slut and proud!

Yeah that's what I end up doing sometimes. But then again my eyesight has gotten worse in the past 4 years.

7. Snærhjarta

Snærhjarta Well-Known Member

That is the reason why most forums only offer one theme for their users to use. I think out of all options, that would be the best. Not saying they should remove one of the themes, I like giving users a choice.

8. Ajax

Ajax Guest

Yerr. I think it'd probably be best for the forum in general to just make the dark layout the mandatory layout. Then everybody is seeing the same things... I suppose it's nice to have a choice, but not if it causes issues for people when it comes to text colors.

9. Exeter

Exeter Cuddly, Snuggly, Slutty Dragon

This isn't exactly help, but I deliberately chose the colour of my text so that it stood out in both light and dark styles. I just thought it was more considerate.

10. Snærhjarta

Snærhjarta Well-Known Member

It's one of the reasons I don't have a text colour yet.

11. DameKathryn

Personally I actually use both themes but for different reasons, and I know there are people who HATE dark themes (like the ones who switched to the light theme back at the old forum).

12. Velixer

Velixer The Musical Draconic Muse

Agreed here, I'm not sure how well this shows up on the light theme, but I feel it works well for both (though I could be wrong)

13. DameKathryn

It looks fine!

14. BDCA

BDCA The Tallest Staff Member

Yea unfortunately thats the downside of having 2 masisvely contrasting styles. Nothing can be done im afraid apart from ask the author to use a darker color that looks good on both.

uk2008 likes this.