1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Thread Suggestion: Discreet Shipping

Discussion in 'Help, Questions and How-To's' started by Caracal, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Caracal

Caracal Warm-blooded Cat Furniture

This is one of THE most asked questions on the main BD forums, and every post it's the same: people flooding in with helpful suggestions, but very little first-hand experience with the suggestions offered, all kinds of caveats, conflicting info, etc. So, here's an idea: Maybe we could put together a big, helpful knowledge base of how to receive packages discreetly, from BD or anywhere else. Suggested sections:

- Billing Discretion: How do various sex toy company's show up on your credit statements? Plus suggestions on how to, well, lie to people who might read your statement (i.e. "BD is listed as 'BD Enterprises', so pick a company with the same initials and say it's from them)
    - How to set up a P.O. Box
    - How to have a package held at a Fedex hub
    - How to ensure that Fedex delivers at a certain time
    - Which companies ship in discreet boxes, and under what circumstances is that discretion violated? (i.e. import labels sometimes list what's inside, I've heard that having it held at a fedex location can result in a blatant "Bad Dragon" sticker, etc)
    - Suggestions on diverting nosy questions ("It's a gift!" "It's a new menstrual cup!")
    - General tips ("If there's any chance of someone reading your email, set up an alternate email account.", etc)
    (Also, we'll need to be sure to address both domestic and international shipping.)

I have only the tiniest pieces of advice to suggest (I don't have to worry about discretion, and I live in the United States), and I'm really tired atm, so I'll probably post those later. If you think this is a good idea, I...suppose, go ahead and post any contributing info you have to offer here, and we can gather it up into a coherent post later. If anyone feels like they have the knowledge to make a thread like this now, by all means, don't wait for my okay.