1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

To what extend can you customize BD toys?

Discussion in 'Help, Questions and How-To's' started by RearBear, May 5, 2020.

1. RearBear

RearBear Active Member

Hi everyone,
    I only ordered one toy from the official Bad Dragon website, chose the colour of my choice, the size and the firmness. I added a cumtube, too.
    As you see, just a basic order besides clearance.
    But I read somewhere that you can contact support to customize your toys even further.
    Now my question is: To what extend?

I'm pretty sure you can't change the design or pick a size they don't offer.
    Well, design wise I've heard you can order toys with suction cups that originally don't come with one (like Chance) without garantee the suction cup will work.
    Would this work with a cumtube, too?

As far as I know the main reason for tickets is to choose colours you can't pick normally.
    Also by colour codes.
    Is there a list of colour codes?
    And wouldn't it be possible to create designs that are only available for a limited time (like you know which colours were used for Mad Cat so you tell them to make it that way)? Can you order expired event colouration right away?
    And why I originally opened that thread: Can you ask them to make a toy in the signature colours of another toy with a similar design (Chance in the glowing green of Roland for example)?

Ultimately how do they calculate the costs for that customization?

I bet there are many members on here who ordered toys that way and could help me with my questions.
    Are there even options I didn't think about?

Thanks in advance and sorry if a thread like this already exists!

2. RearBear

RearBear Active Member

Edit: I had a link here of another forum I found information on but it got censored.
    Is it not allowed to post links or is there somewhat of a competition between these two forums?
    The Link was from DragonM00r.

It explains most of my questions.
    So yes, you can switch Natural and Signature colours to other toys with the original price for the colour (zero for Naturals or 20$ for Signatures).
    Every colour on a custom design adds 10$ to your order. But you can't determine where they should place the colours (only the tip in purple whereas the shaft has a marble of red and blue for example).
    Adding a highlight or glitter doesn't cost extra, but if you want to add it to a Natural or Signature colouration it becomes a custom order so you have to pay the prize of the different colours the toy has.
    Example: Crash Natural adds 0$ / Crashs Natural with Spooky Seconds Highlight adds 20$ (A light purple shaft +10$ with a dark gray base +10$ and a Spooky Seconds Highlight +0$).

Now what I'm still not sure about: Can you just ask them to make a promo design that was only up for a limited time before (like Mad Cat)? I'm crazy in love with that design and would like it on other toys, too. So sorry for alway mentioning that one.
    If I understood correctly the answer would be yes. Can anyone confirm that?

Xochiquetzal likes this.
  3. raspberrri

raspberrri gimme that sweet monster D

Customs are currently closed on BD because of the pandemic. You should still be able to order Mad Cat when they reopen but it will be more expensive than it was than when it was in season. At the end of the year, BD does a Year In Review sale where they offer colorations from earlier in the year at their original price so that's an option if you can be patient!

4. RearBear

RearBear Active Member

Thank you very much! I know that customs are closed at the moment of course.
    Maybe I can be patient enough, time will show haha.

raspberrri likes this.