1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Toy-box recommendations? / Show me your toy box?

Discussion in 'General Toy Discussions and pictures' started by divintage76, Oct 17, 2020.

1. divintage76

divintage76 Closeted Slut

So custom orders finally opened up again and I jumped at the chance and dropped ~$220 on my first Bad Dragon toys and I'm super excited about getting them. That said however, the last thing I want is for my family to find them, and once they've shipped I have to keep them hidden to avoid incident assuming they're not discovered when they're shipped, not to mention protected from any potential damage too.

Does anybody have any good suggestions for a box that can hold a few BD toys? Ideally one around/under like $50, I don't need a top of the line bulletproof safe or anything overkill like that, just a box to hide my toys will do perfectly. I was looking around on Amazon some but I didn't really find anything amazing, but perhaps that could be a poorly worded search or something. My "requirements" for such a toy box are as follows, in order of priority:
    • The material won't pose any risk to the toys; I'm not actually 100% sure this needs to be a concern of mine, but I'm the cautious type. I figure wood is the riskiest material since it could be rough or splinter, metal is iffy with the minimal potential of rust but probably tolerable assuming it doesn't rust, and I assume plastic is the least likely to cause any damage to the toys. I intend to have a towel or something in the box with them so it's not like the toys themselves will often if ever actually make contact with the box itself, but again better safe than sorry.
    • It's big enough for a few toys; I only have 2 on the way but I may get more in the distant future, but I don't expect to have more than 3 or 5 total so it doesn't need to be gigantic and preferably isn't.
    • It's opaque; It wouldn't do me any good at hiding them if you could quite literally see right through the box.
    • OPTIONAL: Locking mechanism; A lock would be nice to keep out any prying eyes, but it's not a requirement should there be a suitable toy box without a lock, or alternatively if there isn't a suitable locking box, in my price range. It's just a nice-to-have, but I thought I'd mention it anyway in case I get lucky, I don't know. Doesn't need to be an amazing lock either, it'd be more for deterrence than security if you know what I mean.
    I'd also appreciate people who wanna show off how they keep their toys safe and/or hidden, I'm new to this sort of thing so I'll take all the help I can get with it. I read the toy care sheet, so I know the basics, but any common beginner traps to avoid or any advice like that would be appreciated. If I get my toys before I get my toy box, I have no issue clearing out a desk drawer and laying a towel down, but if anyone has other ideas for permanent/temporary alternatives toy storage I'd love to hear them/see them too!

2. Feverdream

Feverdream Well-Known Member

I use a toolbox. They come in different sizes and materials, and some of them are lockable (with a padlock). They aren't very expensive, usually. They blend in with other surroundings, for example in a closet or on a high shelf. You can put your toys on the bottom level of the toolbox, and put tools or other items on the top level, adding a second layer of camouflage.

A toolbox with a lock will raise questions, so I wouldn't leave it sitting out in the wide open, I would stash it away somewhere.

3. divintage76

divintage76 Closeted Slut

A toolbox, now that's some smart thinking! Shows how narrow-minded I was thinking about this, I was poking around Amazon for lockboxes and most of those seem to be for money or documents and the like and much too small. I hadn't considered repurposing something else like a toolbox. I do have some tools in my room that don't have a home, so that could be the additional camouflage you mentioned if I get one of those layered ones, although not really an amount of tools that would warrant a toolbox but I suppose that isn't an issue if tools are where tools belong. That may even work in my favor with unwanted prying eyes if I'm lucky, seeing such a pitiful tool collection may not inspire them to press further, hopefully, but I guess nothing can stop even the most curious souls so one with a lock certainly seems ideal. I'll have to give that a search, sounds more promising than what I tried for, given my ideal qualities for a box. Thanks for the tip

4. deepfisting

deepfisting Well-Known Member

I use Euro Containers with hinge lid from Auer (made in Germany). They're made from PP (Polypropyleen) and i have been storing BD and MHT dildo's for years now without any issue. They come in different sizes but I have 60x40x18,5 cm ones and one can nicely store several XL toys. Picture shows XL Axel, XXXL Topher Michels, L Sleipnir, XL Stubbs and XL Pearce. I could pack some smaller ones on top though.

Attached Files:

5. Raiyn

Raiyn New Member

I have a toy dresser... I know that's not as discrete as you might have hoped to hear... but honestly, nothing beats a dresser, wood or plastic bins, to hold all of your sex toys. Why would you want to unlock a box when you're horny? That's hard! Just wrap them up in some socks or underwear or like, a teeshirt or something similarly innocuous that no one who isn't you would have reason to touch.

I wouldn't recommend deepfisting's solution, silicone stored next to silicone can cause color bleeding and bonding and bubbling in the worst cases. I have toys with damage from incorrect storage. This is why I spread things out in drawers now. My drawers are wood, incidentally, so I don't see the problem? I have a wood dildo too and there's no splintering in properly prepared wood. Excellent material. If you go with a tool box, put your toys into individual bags for longevity.