1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Toy Company logo on products ....

Discussion in 'General Toy Discussions and pictures' started by SnowLycan, Sep 7, 2015.

?

Logo's on Toys

1. Yes

18.2%
  2. No

66.7%
  3. Unsure

15.2%
  1. SnowLycan

SnowLycan ☆*:.。.Mahou shoujo.。.:*☆

Hey there everyone I started up this thread to find out what are your views are on the new logo design BD have been putting on their toys recently. As you know they have released two new pony themed toys each having a Logo on each of them. Some say it is a cutie mark others say its a company logo.

But what is it to you? Do you like it being on their toys? Do you not? Does it distract you from the fantasy aspect of the toys in general? etc.

I just wanted to find out what you truly think of the new choice BD have seemingly started doing to their toys. To me personally I hope it is just a cutie mark for the pony themed products and that is it.

But what are your views?

Clowbi likes this.
  2. AkaiKitsune

AkaiKitsune Boop

The best look IMO is when there aren't any logos or anything, but if the company absolutely INSISTS that they have to add a logo, I don't mind as long as they're not largely obvious. Best examples: Fleshlight's cases; logo and name on the side of the plastic and largely away from any fun bits. Worst examples: BD's new pony toys with the logo RIGHT THERE, and FL's "Girls" range with the models' signatures right on the fascia.

I think the best place for a logo on a male toy would be on the underside of the base, and for a female toy would be on the side of the sleeve. You know, somewhere that isn't going to get much or any attention during play. The branding on BD's pony toys, cutie marks or not, just look ugly IMO.

SnowLycan likes this.
  3. Poster Nutbag

Poster Nutbag Prefers the company of snakes over bees

I personally don't find it too terribly bothering having the logos on these toys, especially considering it is almost certainly just a cutie mark thing they are trying to do. It makes sense on Sugar Star, but not so much on Bumble... But with what I plan on doing with Bumble, I probably won't be able to see the logo anyway.

It ultimately does not affect my thoughts of Bumble.

SnowLycan and Exeter like this.
  4. Exeter

Exeter Cuddly, Snuggly, Slutty Dragon

I'd rather it be as inconspicuous as possible. Exotic erotics puts the on the base and that's a better place for them if you absolutely have to have them. It's not as if the logo will help a stranger identify the origin of the toy, if it said BAD DRAGON that would be one thing but just having a duke head in profile really doesn't help anyone but the cognoscenti.

AkaiKitsune and SnowLycan like this.
  5. RedVixenFur

RedVixenFur Spaintard

We already have the logo in the website, the billing, badges and sample discs. Since one of the most appealing aspect of their toys is the aesthetics there's no need to ruin them.
    Bad Dragon can iron mark their logo on their asses and not on the toys. That's my take on it.

6. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

I'm 90% sure the logos are only for these pony toys and won't appear on future ones. Its really just another thing to go wrong during molding

SnowLycan and AkaiKitsune like this.
  7. Jazzi the Pegasus

Jazzi the Pegasus Something Original

I feel it's to avoid copyright as technically ponies belong to Hasbro and might try to make an issue of it.

Either way, Sugar Star makes sense. Bumble I wish didn't have it but won't prevent my potential purchase of him

SnowLycan likes this.
  8. scalie

scalie back pokin' snake

if it were on some generic, low-detailed toy or object, sure. but if they're going to make a highly detailed toy and try to make it aesthetically pleasing to the eye and then just slap a big insignia on it then hell no.

SnowLycan likes this.
  9. Vitani

Vitani Tertiary antagonist

I posted on BD asking for clarification on this (if it was going to be on all new toys, or just for the pony themed ones) but didn't get an answer so...

I am ASSUMING here that it's just for the MLP series...as they would have to make the toy bases more generic sized in order to fit it, and it would seem oddly out of place with the detail they put into their sculpted toys.

I'm seriously hoping that they do not get the idea to start putting this on all their toys though. Visuals are very important to me, and the BD logo being on the side totally distracts from that. I really don't care if it's on the very bottom of the toy though.

SnowLycan likes this.
  10. SnowLycan

Thank you everyone for your feedback so far. As it seems to stand there are people that wouldn't mind a logo on the base of the toy. Just no where else such as the balls or shaft of the toy.

I'm personally against the logo or text also on the bottom of my toy. Due to reasons that if someone finds your toy that doesn't understand your kinks. Can easily find the source where you purchased said item of offence to them and harassing the company. (Believe me there are nutters out there.)

The thing I liked before about BD and there unlabelled toys was that you could tell straight away that they were BD. Sure there are other companies out there now on the web. But you can still tell a BD toy from the rest of them.

So no tramp stamps on toys please. As it ruins our fantasies and BD is all about making fantasies real right? :3

11. Willow

Willow Slut and proud!

I don't mind it and I hate it. Let me explain.
    I have no problem with the baddragon logo on the toy. Frankly I don't even notice the one of Sugarstar. It doesn't affect the use, and I really don't see it unless looking for it. I can't comment on Bumble, as I don't have or want one, but I imagine I'd feel the same way. The toy is going inside me, why would put myself in an uncomfortable position just to look at his balls?
    Now what I do hate is when the put a logo on certain products. I was going to put there Harley Quinn tights until I notice is had a picture of Harely Quinn on them. WTF? Why would she wear something that has her own picture on it? That make no fucking sense, and take my mind out of it. And like the suspender from Doctor Who. It had the word Doctor Who on it? COME ON! Does he have hist own suspenders with his "name" on it. No! Don't do that!
    Ugh... sorry, it just annoys me. If they are going to put on the clothing... do it somewhere inconspicuous where no one would really look. It's likeif you wanted to dress up as Fry from Futurama, but in big letters it says "FRY'S OUTFIT FROM FUTURAMA RIGHT HERE! LOOT AT ME!" on the front.
    Yet, the people that make these don't seem to get that.

Villie likes this.
  12. Vitani

Vitani Tertiary antagonist

On that front though, say Nox had the BD logo on it.
    Does a Night drake really have the BD logo on his dick or cloaca? No! So it's extremely tacky, and ruins the fantasy aspect of it for me.

I can understand it a bit on Sugar Star...since it's like a pony cutie mark but...bumblehooves is weird...ponies dont have cutie marks on their sheaths. And it's quite noticeable to me.

13. SnowLycan

I agree with @Vitani at first I didn't notice bumble the mark on bumbles balls due to sheer excitement. But when I did I was like. No .... Wtf!??? ..... Cutie marks don't go there and now I've noticed it my ocd about imperfections can't unsee it.

14. Start

Start Active Member

Doesn't bother me any.

15. Valkires

Valkires Well-Known Member

Generally I kind of like it. I know that's unpopular but that's my opinion. :cool:
    Qualifier: If it's a super high detailed toy no it shouldn't be on there, At least not getting in the way of the design. Most likely on the bottom I would like to see it, You know the part they usually don't look at unless it's on a shelf and usually it's sitting on that part anyways. Now if toy is very plain then yes I think It would add something to Something to the toy can be placed on the base.

Also the logo has to be cool. I don't want just text, if it's going to be something printed on it It should be an image, The BD logo qualifies.

And finally my last thoughts, With sugar and bumble Hooves. I like The logo is there for lore reasons; Obviously with Bumble it doesn't make sense, but I still like it. The one thing I don't like about both of their logos is it's too plain for my taste. It almost looks like an imperfection when compared to what BD's modern logo looks like on their toys. I wish they would have stamped those with cool and interesting "cutie marks" Instead of what looks like that could have been a casting mistake.:confused:

16. Cicada

Cicada Member

I really wish they put it on the bottom of the base like EE does! Don't get me wrong, I recognize the importance of a logo for authenticity and preventing people from duplicating your sculpts, but the logo where it is on their toys now kinda disrupts the whole aesthetic and fantasy.

Clowbi and stuck-on-the-knot1 like this.
  17. Clowbi

Clowbi Lewd the soft boi

Normally I hate company logos on things, but I really like the BD logo and since there is a resale & trade community it's nice to have something to identify the company & authenticity. If it were on the shaft I'd be irked, but I think it's pretty cute on the base.
    I think it'd be better on the bottom of the base/ unseen areas so that it doesn't bother people focused on immersion/ realism.

While I personally love it, the huge amount of people with a hard no... they should probably remove it. Customer satisfaction is most important with things like this!