1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Toy Storage?

Discussion in 'Help, Questions and How-To's' started by MurphyAlter, Mar 17, 2015.

1. MurphyAlter

MurphyAlter The Floofiest

I'm literally buying a toy I don't have room to store as we speak. Any suggestions on good, toy-safe storage?

2. Wolfcat

Wolfcat Well-Known Member

Proudly suction cupped to your wall, of course!
    There's not much to it, really. A container of some sort, or simply wrapped up in a pillow case will do the trick. You want to keep it away from dust, lint, and hair, because toys attract them like crazy. It's not harmful, just a pain.

In your case, wrapping in any lint free material, and stuffing among clothing is probably the least conspicuous way to store it.

3. Misskin

Misskin http://www.furaffinity.net/user/misskin/

I look forward to a day where I can buy a nice piratey looking chest to keep my toys in

Clowbi, Exeter and Serathaiya like this.
  4. Wolfcat

^ yes XD. I'd love to have one.
    It would need to be about a 50 gallon chest, at least. More if my collection grows (it will.)

Misskin likes this.
  5. Sheep

Sheep Pluviophile

I've found some opaque Sterilite or Rubber Maid storage containers work well. If they've got weird parts on the bottom that stick up, edges or something, it helps to cover them in a nice cloth. I've taken to lining my containers with the storage bags I get from EE that I'm not actively using for the toys themselves.

Under the bed boxes are useful if you have the space for them.

Sterilite containers I have good experience with are the "large nesting showoffs" that I got when I still worked at Big Lots. We got a shipment of them in that were opaque black with translucent grey lids at one point, I bought them all the moment they left the back room. Hold about 25lbs of silicone, and I've got them stacked four high. Mostly for storage of EVERYTHING, but they definitely work for toys. They nest well when you're not using them and stack very stable when you are. Good all around.
    About half of my collection itself takes up the entirety of a 31gal locker. I have about the same volume of toys sitting on top of it, and otherwise hanging around tables/stuck on the wall. And a cubby hole under the TV. And atop that same fixture, and a couple proudly on top of the Xbox. And...

bronson_twist likes this.
  6. MurphyAlter

Maybe I should specify... I would prefer something lockable.

7. Wolfcat

4 toys. I think a desk drawer with a padlock, a locker, or a plain 'ol lockbox is what you want. Quality safes and lock boxes tend to be expensive, though, so the former options are more realistic (most people have desks, right?)

8. MurphyAlter

I have a desk, but no capacity for a lock. A mini locker would be cool. It doesn't have to be super amazing, just something that you can't straight-up open. Ideally, I'd just have a lockbox.

9. Chelseapolitan

Chelseapolitan Don't dream it, be it!

The cheapest lockable container is going to be a toolbox. I used to use that when I need to secretly store toys. If you put it in your closet and don't try to make it totally out of site, I doubt anyone will question it. I'm considered a tomboy but by no means "handy" and it was never brought up by anyone, even friends. Mine fit about 10 medium-sized toys. $13 and came with a lock. (Walmart)

If you don't care if people ask, you want it completely safe and money isn't an issue.....
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Duty-...-Lock-Cash-Black-Box-Keypad-New-/111606814092

MurphyAlter likes this.
  10. MurphyAlter

UPDATE: I took the advice of @DocOctavia and bought a walmart toolbox. They were like half of what I expected them to cost, so I'm satisfied. And it has a spot where I can attach the padlock I also bought.

Chelseapolitan and Misskin like this.
  11. Chelseapolitan

Chelseapolitan Don't dream it, be it!

Yay, I was useful! c: Have fun hiding your goodies hehe

MurphyAlter likes this.
  12. Shardik

Shardik Well-Known Member

Rubbermaid makes some nice small lockboxes for financial documents. I have a really big one (50 gallon, really!) for my toy collection, but they do make smaller ones about the size of a milk crate. Unless you have gigantic toys (like some perverts), that ought to be enough.

Chelseapolitan likes this.