1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Toys for males, non-anal, good for couple's play?

Discussion in 'Help, Questions and How-To's' started by Caracal, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Caracal

Caracal Warm-blooded Cat Furniture

So, I'm female-bodied, but I'm always on the lookout for toys for my SO. The problem is that the vast majority of toys for males seem to be designed for solo play: they're good as a substitute for sex with another person, but rarely are they better than toyless sex. It's frustrating: there are all these nifty vibrators and dildos for me, but with male toys, innovation seems to have stopped at "it'll do as a substitute if you haven't got a partner; we don't need to do any better". I feel like we're missing something...

So has anyone here found something fun? My SO is quite adamant that he doesn't want to try anal toys. (*shrug* I worry that he's missing out on something, but it's his choice. I can't blame him, haha.) Stuff we've already tried:
    - He likes my vibrators sometimes, and the Tenga eggs are fun, but both of those are more of a novelty, just something different, rather than something that's actually better.
    - Tenga Silver Fliphole was underwhelming.
    - Sheathes (like BD's wereable) seem to do a whole lot more for me than for him.
    - He seems to find cockrings, even vibrating ones, to be a lot of hassle for very little payoff. Maybe we just haven't found the right one?
    - I'll probably order a Tenga Spiral at some point: it's a bit pricey for only 50 uses, but OhJoySexToy seemed to think quite highly of it.

I've also noticed that most toys for male-bodied people seem to be less concerned about sanitation (example: outside of BD, non-dildo male sex toys are almost never made of silicone): that might be okay for male solo play, but it seems like you're asking for trouble putting a penis in one of those and then in someone's vag immediately after.

2. Caracal

Thanks for the recommendations! I just saw a bunch of those on OhJoySexToy, and I was thinking about grabbing that Oxballs sling in particular. (It's really hard to talk about that toy without giggling, lol.) The vibrators are intriguing; do vibrators designed for males really feel better on male anatomy than those designed for females? Or is it just marketing?

I certainly don't mind if they're "intended" for solo play vs. couple's; I'm more just frustrated with toys that become superfluous if you've got a partner. I want toys that will do things for him that I can't do, or will do a better job than I can. (Not much point in a toy that half-assedly simulates oral sex if I'm, you know, right here.)

3. Chelseapolitan

Chelseapolitan Don't dream it, be it!

Have you thought of buying some sort of sleeve that can fit inside of you and then he can penetrate it? I know that the BD toys are really thick for some women so maybe a Fleshlight. It's a weird thought but I have found that many penis-bearers like it!

My partner won't do anything with his booty either but he does enjoy a good vibe all around his junk! He loves the Hitachi. Maybe you can integrate into oral?

4. Caracal

Haha, that's an awesome idea, but I don't think I could take a BD sleeve, lol. I've looked into fleshlights (just to use by hand, not to fit inside me), but the material they use is scary: it feels good (so I've read repeatedly), but it's not silicone, highly porous, and hangs onto bacteria. Squicky... I guess it's okay for a solo male? *scratches head* I don't get how this doesn't seem to bother most purchasers.

Actually, here's a really dumb question I should have led off with: how are BD's sleeves compared to real sex? Once upon a time, I'd thought I would buy one, but most of the reviews I read about fleshlight seem to agree that, at best, they're merely as good as sex, not better, and Tenga's fliphole gave us a similar experience: meh, not better. I assumed BD's would be similar, and while the reviews I've read for them are generally positive, I've yet to see anyone really compare them to sex. That uncertainty + the durability issues + the cost makes us scared to buy one. Tenga eggs are expensive for single-use, but if you find one you don't like, at least you're only out a few dollars.

Good to know, thank you!

Amen :p

5. Caracal

@Kyvinaria Wow, a wealth of information there, thank you! I still find it amusing that it takes a fantasy/furry company to realize that there's a market for silicone toys for males. You'd think this would have dawned on Fleshlight, but noooo....

Well damn: I finally thought to check out the material that Oxballs is made of, and it's flex-TPR, not silicone. TPR is hypoallergenic and not as porous as some other sex toy materials, but not as good as silicone, enough so that it's recommended that you use a condom when using TPR toys.

6. Bæƕ

Bæƕ New Member

OK, I have no affiliation with FL but I REALLY REALLY LIKE the FL Alien penetratable (https://www.fleshlight.com/freaks/alien/) so you call me a very satisfied customer. The Bride likes it because it doesn't look like another female. No problem cleaning, I just use hot water and a gentle liquid soap. Buy it now, thank me later.