1. NEW TRADE POLICIES COMING TO FORCE SOON: IMPORTANT READ!: READ HERE

Uh...guys?

Discussion in 'Help, Questions and How-To's' started by Vitani, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Vitani

Vitani Tertiary antagonist

Well, I guess 'girls' would be more accurate lol.

I just went to the bathroom...apparently I'm bleeding again? Even though I had my period earlier this month?
    I've been having the other typical symptoms of my period as well...extremely emotional (I chalked it up to stress though) as well as bloating.

???

My period earlier this month was unusual. More chunky instead of bloody. And there wasn't much at all. In fact, I think my period only lasted 2 days.

Should I be concerned? Did my period halt in the middle and now it's finishing?
    Has this happened to anyone else????

2. Caracal

Caracal Warm-blooded Cat Furniture

Has anything majorly traumatic happened recently? I'm very regular, but once a couple years ago I had a very bad phone call with my father, and it upset me so badly that it triggered my period about a week and a half early. No other symptoms, no pregnancy. Flow was a little heavy, but otherwise normal.

EDIT: Had a quick look around the internet to try and confirm my old research: emotional upset can definitely screw with your cycle, in more ways than one.

3. Vitani

Well a couple months ago, I completely /missed/ a period.

The only thing I can think of is...starting a new job? I deal with anxiety and depression pretty frequently though, and it /has/ come back again, the worst it's been in over a year.

4. Caracal

I doubt there's anything here you haven't seen before, but here's a mini-article on the subject: http://www.everydayhealth.com/pms/irregular-periods.aspx

Chronic stress sounds like a decent guess, but everyone is irritatingly vague on how long you need to be experiencing irregular periods in order for it to be considered "consistently" irregular (and therefore worthy of a doctor's consult) :mad:

Vitani likes this.
  5. Vitani

Hmm...I may have Polycystic ovary syndrome...

A year or so back I had pains in my abdomen that turned out to be ovarian cysts. I haven't had any lately though...at least not to my knowledge, but I suppose it's worth getting checked on about that.

6. Caracal

Damn. Well, good luck at your appointment.

Vitani likes this.
  7. Vitani

Not too concerned if that is what I have.

One of the possible consequences is infertility...which I pray to the Gods every night that I'm infertile so I don't have to use condoms lol.
    I severely dislike children, never plan to have any (if I change my mind, I'd rather adopt), and I am unable to use any type of hormonal birth control.

I tried getting a diaphragm, but they don't make them anymore. I've honestly called every pharmacy in my area - no joke. It's ridiculous.

Reptile and Caracal like this.
  8. Caracal

My husband opted for a vasectomy after we learned that hormonal birth control is a no-no if you get migraines (which--on very rare occasions--I do). I still feel terrible that he had to be the one to get the procedure--since it's safer than female sterilization--but it was one of the best decisions we ever made. No more worries, no condoms, no #$%! ortho-evra patches.

Reptile and Vitani like this.
  9. Vitani

I'm not married...so asking my boyfriend to do anything permanent at this point in time is selfish. (though, he dislikes kids even more than I do !!!) Plus, we've touched on the subject before...he didn't sound thrilled about the idea of having his balls operated on lol.

But you are right, it's a lot safer, and much less risk of infection.

Caracal likes this.
  10. Reptile

Reptile Semi-Professional Butthole Spelunker

*peeks in*
    Sterility rules!!!!!!
    *runs Away*

11. uk2008

uk2008 Guest

Versectemy is a keyhole operation in and out of hospital same day.... My step dad had it

12. aazhie

aazhie Member

Hey, planned parenthood will block up your tubes for free, HOWEVER condoms ought to be used as STD prevention (blah blah blah saying this in case a newb decides to go catch the latest disease because they are infertile)

And on the topic of wierd periods- I would usually skip periods and then have a catchup one a week later. It was often random but worse with stress. It was almost like I was 'holding my breath' but in a uterus way... ugh. I am on T now, so if I miss an injection around the right time, I tend to have a weak period, sometimes a heavy one. But seriously, infertility can be a free thing in many areas of the USA, but planned parenthood pretty much stops providing you with free BC after that. They still do free pelvic exams and the health stuff, so it's really a great deal!

13. Soulaire

Soulaire Chronic Roleplayer

Also, about the whole period things and so on. My cousin up until just a few months ago wasn't having periods, at all. And she's almost 20. Turned out to be some illness/disease/whatever and she had to start taking these pills on and off which evened out some hormones and junk in her body which made her start having periods. I'm sorry I can't remember what it's called, but anyways, according to her, people get differing amounts of issue with this illness, and some are so mild it's almost not noticeable, except for a missed or off-time period here and there. So it could be that, or something similar, I dunno. Just adding some input.

14. YogSothoth

YogSothoth Most definitely a vagina wielder

Can we make this into a general period-thread or something? (and therefore maybe change the title?)

'Cause mine is late... And it's starting to worry me.

I've been off hormonal birth control since january (I had an implant), and was pretty regular since then (cycle of 25 days, starting with 5 days of menstruation; yes, I document this ;)). Then, about a month ago, I decided to try birth control pills again, just for extra safety. I took them for 5 days(starting just after my period), and discovered they completely put my mood out of the ordinary, so quit again. And immediately had a "period" again. It's now been 24 days since my last period, which makes me about 3/4 days overdue. It should come any time now, dammit! And else... I'm just glad we have good abortion laws here... Just checked my info on how to get one if bad comes to worse. It's probably just a hormonal fuck up because of the birth control pills, and maybe some stress (although the past 6 months were stressful AND regular). Can I have some virtual support?

15. Caracal

I don't blame you for being nervous (even the barest whisper of a pregnancy risk scares the shit out of me), but given your circumstances, I would not worry: after dabbling with hormones and triggering an extra period, it's no wonder your system is still in flux just one month later.

YogSothoth likes this.
  16. YogSothoth

Still no period... Am going to get a pregnancy test on my way home :/

17. YogSothoth

*sigh of release*

Not pregnant.

Vitani and Caracal like this.
  18. Vitani

SORRY I'm late to this board!

Trust me, I know how scary it can be -hugs-

Yes, fucking with hormones can do weird things to your period (duh) and because you are worried about it, your added stress could actually even delay it even more. I completely skipped a month because of something similar.

Good thing you got a test though! That was a really smart thing to do. :)

If you don't get your period next month, I'd maybe go in and see a gyno or doctor, just to make sure nothing serious is going on. I'm sure you'll be fine though!

YogSothoth likes this.
  19. uk2008

uk2008 Guest

You do know your ment to take it with your first pee of the day for best results?

20. YogSothoth

Yes, I do. And I bought a test that said it did not matter. I might retake it tomorrow morning, just to be sure.